Ch.4

Only In The Apocalypse ~Book 2~

Ch.4


~Last time~

 

“Just sleep. I can't sleep if you're so tense.” he said, snuggling into my back.

 

I laid there for a few minutes, letting my body slowly relax as I fell asleep.


~Now~

 

A few days after we found the guy attacking Elyza and Alicia, he was blindfolded and released far away from our hideout early in the morning.


 

"Do you think he'll come back?" Dino asked, siting in the back seat of the car.


 

"If he doesn't value his life maybe." I said, watching the rear view mirror as the guy took off the blindfold and ran in the opposite direction.


 

"We already know he's going to tell his group about us. We just have to wait for them all to show up in the town." Jihoon said, paying attention to the road as we drove away.


 

Only Hyun Jung and Dino volunteered to follow, so the car wasn't very packed.


 

"I wonder how many of them there are. They are obviously a very violent group." Hyun Jung said, leaning back and crossing her arms.


 

"He's not our problem anymore. I'm pretty sure JR got the info he wanted if he released him as fast as he did." I said, glancing at Jihoon.


 

The past few nights that man was in that room, Jihoon would always hold me from behind to make sure I would sleep okay. We never spoke about it, but it was starting to cause me problems, feelings wise.


 

"I hope we never see him again." Dino said, putting his arm on the window seal and looking out as scenery passed.


 

We got to the hideout with no more comments being made and git out of the car and went separate ways.


 

"So how'd it go?" Miri asked, standing at the door.


 

"It was fine. You've been waiting here the entire time haven't you?" I asked, walking inside with her.


 

"You know me so well." She said, grinning as we moved to the kitchen.


 

"Is there food?" Dino asked, walking in behind us.


 

"Do you think I'd let you come back with no food being ready?" Jeonghan asked, getting food ready on the table.


 

"My favorite person in the house." Miri said, making me gasp.


 

"I thought I was your favorite?" I asked, faking to be hurt.


 

"Okay fine. My favorite male in the house." She said, making Dino and Jeonghan laugh.


 

"Damn, beat out her twin brother." Jihoon said, siting next to me.


 

"What happened?" Myon asked, walking into the kitchen.


 

"Nothing." We all responded in sync.


 

Everyone slowly shuffled in from their rooms as we ate breakfast together in silence. It wasn't until later that JR called a meeting of the leaders that anything was actually said.


 

"So what is this meeting about?" Chung Gi asked, sitting in a chair.


 

This was the first time any of us had been in JR's room, let alone anywhere near it.


 

"This is the first real meeting we've ever had and I don't think any of you want to give up your leader positions. So officially there will be three of us. I want to have meetings as often as possible between us in order to avoid conflict. Today's meeting is about that American man that was caught." JR said, sitting down with his usual serious face.


 

"What did he say?" I asked, leaning forward with my chin in my hands.


 

"He didn't tell me specifics, but he did tell me quiet a bit about his group. He failed to tell me why they were taking foreign people though." JR said, running a hand through his hair before it rested on his neck.

 

“So what exactly did he tell you?” Chung Gi asked, leaning back in the chair.

 

“He told me that they were dangerous and that they would come for us like they do with all foreigners they come across. He tried to scare me by saying there was more that ten of them. Mentioned that if we were to ever try and fight them that we'd loose because they were so strong.” JR said, waving his hands with a very straight face.

 

“So he tried to intimidate you...while he was tied to a chair?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

 

“Yeah. He's not very smart. Apparently the only thing he is good at is taking people.” JR said, leaning back in his chair and taking in a deep breath.

 

“Did he say what his name was?” Chung Gi asked, resting his hands on his stomach.

 

“Wade. That's all he gave me.” JR said, running a hand through his hair again.

 

“So...besides giving away that he's a dumb , is there anything else we need to talk about?” I asked, moving to get up from my seat.

 

“No. Not unless you know something I don't.” JR said, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“Cool. So we can leave now?” Chung Gi asked, getting out of his seat.

 

“Where do you have to be in such a hurry?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“My own room.” Chung Gi said, leaving the room.

 

“This boy I swear.” I mumbled, standing up and moving towards the door.

 

“Has he always been so...secluded?” JR asked, moving to the door near me.

 

“No. He is usually always out and talking to people, mostly Myon...but still. He's usually very talkative to the other boys.” I said, looking as he walked closer.

 

“Myon is the twin right?” he asked, opening the door and walking out.

 

“Uhh...yeah.” I said, following behind him.

 

“What's wrong?” he asked, turning towards me.

 

“Nothing. Just didn't think you would remember our names is all.” I said, walking besides him as we went to the living room.

 

“I have a pretty good memory. Ren wouldn't let me live it down if I forgot someone's name.” he said, scratching the back of his neck.

 

“So how was the meeting?” Miri asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“It was fine. I'm gonna go write.” I said, turning and walking towards mine and Jihoon's room.

 

“Kitty! Have you seen my twin?” Miri asked, running towards me.

 

“He's probably with Chung Gi in their room since that is where Chung Gi ran off to after the meeting.” I said, walking with her up the stairs.

 

“When are those two finally gonna date?” Miri asked, shaking her head.

 

“When are you and Jeonghan gonna date?” I asked, raising an eyebrow and laughing when she hit my arm.

 

“Oh yeah...When are you and Jihoon gonna date?” she asked, showing me tongue before running away.

 

Of course she would tease me. She's the only one who knew about the snuggle situation between Jihoon and I. HyunAe would know if she wasn't so attached to China line all the time...well...Minghao's side anyways.

 

'This girl I swear will be the death of me.' I said to myself, shaking my head as I entered the room.

 

“What are you doing here?” Soonyoung asked, sitting on Jihoon's bed.

 

“I sleep in here?” I asked, raising my eyebrow.

 

“It's still daytime.” Jihoon said, looking out of the window in his room.

 

“Thanks captain obvious. If it bothers you I'll just grab my writing stuff and go into Miri's room.” I said, moving towards my notebook and pencils.

 

“It's fine. Soonyoung and I are just talking about dancing and writing.” Jihoon said, waving his hands at me.

 

“Oh yeah...I forgot Jeonghan and him told me you liked to dance.” I said, looking at Soonyoung.

 

“Yes I do. I also make dances with Dino and some of the others.” Soonyoung said, smiling proudly.

 

“It's a good thing HyunAe unnie isn't in here.” I mumbled, trying to stop myself from pinching the hamster-like boy.

 

“She likes to dance too.” Jihoon said, making me turn to him.

 

“Not good at making dances though. That would be Jeonghan's girlfriend...I mean Miri.” I said, laughing internally at the face Soonyoung made.

 

“Girlfriend? I didn't think it was possible.” Jihoon said, looking down at his table.

 

“They aren't really together. I just like to tease Miri because they are always near each other.” I said, moving to look at what Jihoon was looking at.

 

“If that's the case...when will you two get together?” Soonyoung asked, glancing at the still open door.

 

Jihoon and I both turned to look at him and before any of us could speak, he was out the door.

 

“Smart boy.” I mumbled, moving back towards the bed.

 

“You still working on your book?” Jihoon asked, no looking towards me.

 

“Yeah. You still working on your song?” I asked, sitting on the on the bed and crossing my legs.

 

“Yep.” he said, still not looking towards me.

 

That was the end of our conversation as I began to write in my notebook. I have no idea how long we were writing, but a knock on the door came a few hours later.

 

“Come in.” Jihoon said, erasing something and then writing again.

 

“Dinner is ready.” Soonyoung said, peaking his head in cautiously.

 

“We'll be down.” I said, finishing the sentence I was writing before putting everything away.

 

“Jeonghan knows what you said about him and Miri.” Soonyoung yelled, before slamming the door and running again.

 

“Okkkaayyyyy....” I said, getting off the bed and walking towards the door.

 

“You go ahead. I'll be down in a second.” Jihoon mumbled, still not looking up.

 

I nodded to myself before leaving the room.

 

“Is he coming down?” Soonyoung asked, running back up the stairs.

 

“He said he's be down in a second.” I replied, getting ready to walk down the stairs.

 

“Okay. I'll go wait for him.” Soonyoung said, quickly walking into the room and closing the door.

 

I raised an eyebrow and slowly walked back towards the door. Angry hushed whispers drew my attention closer as I tried to hear what they were saying.

 

'Why did you have to say that with her standing behind me?' Jihoon's angry voice asked, obviously talking about what he said earlier.

 

'I didn't think she would freeze like that. Everyone already knows you like her Jihoon, why don't you just tell her already?” Soonyoung's slightly calm voice asked, moving around the room.

 

'Because I don't want her to know. If I loose her or any of you, i'm going to be lost. I'd rather stay quiet about it.” Jihoon said, his angry going away as he sighed.

 

'Let's go eat. Everyone is probably waiting.' Soonyoung said, moving towards the door.

 

I quickly ran as quietly as I could towards the bathroom and closed the door behind me.

 

'He likes me?' I asked myself, slowly hyperventilating in the bathroom.

 

I calmed myself down before finally going downstairs to eat.

 

“Is everything okay?” Jihoon asked, standing at the top of the stairs.

 

“Yeah. I just had to wash my hands. I had pencil markings on the side.” I said, showing him the gray-ish color on the side of my left hand.

 

“Okay. Let's go eat. They already started with out us.” Jihoon said, turning and walking down the stairs with me beside him.

 

Dinner was unusually quiet as no one spoke and ate before going to their rooms to sleep. Jihoon and I were the last ones to leave the kitchen and head to our room. I silently got dressed in the dark before climbing into bed and facing towards the door.

 

'It's so quiet...' I thought, trying to look around the room and see Jihoon's shadow.

 

I felt him climb in behind me and scoot closer to wrap him arms around me.

 

“Why are you still holding me? The guy is gone.” I whispered, trying to look at him.

 

“Just let me hold you.” he said, tightening his grip on me.

 

'I know you like me, but I can't breath.' I screamed in my head, trying to get him to loosen his arms.

 

I felt him move again, slightly letting his arms loosen before I felt warmth on my cheek.

 

“What are you doing?” I whispered, trying to find his face in the dark.

 

“You heard Soonyoung and I before dinner, didn't you?” he asked, still not letting go of me.

 

I slowly nodded, not really knowing what to say to him, especially with him breathing on my face.

 

“So you know?” he asked again, slowly letting his arms loosen more.

 

“Yes.” I finally spoke, his arms and breath disappearing.

 

It was quiet for a second before I heard him sigh.

 

“I'm sorry.” he mumbled, getting ready to get off the bed.

 

I quickly moved to try and grab his arm.

 

“For what? Liking me? That's not something most people are sorry for Jihoon.” I said, finally finding his hand in the dark.

 

“I can't loose anyone.” he mumbled, trying to pull his hand away.

 

“If you think you'll loose me, you won't. I'm not going anywhere.” I said, sitting up in bed.

 

“You can't know for sure.” he said, moving to sit back on the bed.

 

I moved around on the bed so that I was sitting behind him.

 

“You know...it's better to let people you love and care about know that you love and care about them while they are alive. They'll never know if they are gone.” I said, putting my head against his back.

 

“So what are you saying?” he asked, turning towards me as best as he could.

 

“I like you too.” I mumbled, moving away from him and going back to my side of the bed.

 

“I'm glad.” he said.

 

I felt the bed move before feeling his breath on my face again. I found his eyes through the darkness and smiled at him.

 

“Always let people know.” I whispered, moving forward to kiss his cheek.

 

“I'll try.” he said, squeaking a little at the contact.

 

“So what does this make us?” I asked, laying back down after he moved to his side.

 

“What ever we can be in this messed up world.” he replied, laying down as well.

 

“That sounds like the best option.” I said, turning back to my original position.

 

I felt him move and not long after I felt his arms wrap back around me.

 

“Goodnight Kitty.” he said, kissing my cheek before snuggling into my neck.

 

“Goodnight Pixie.” I said, smiling as I fell asleep.


…......AHHHHHHHHHHHHH the ending was so cheesy and I couldn't contain myself....JiRi finally confessed and are a thing now!!!! WHOOOOO!!!! Now if only the other couples could move it along XDXDXD I hope you guys liked the chapter <3 Goodbye for now :)