Chapter 3

Not so ordinary day

Jessica Jung never thought that she would be actually have a friend on her first day at work. Given her cold princess aura, it's not easy to make friends with someone like her. She's kind and fun to be with when you get to know her but just looking on the outside, her icy glares will definitely shoo you away.

It's already lunch time and she's now in some fancy restaurant with her sunbae. She already set her mind that she would be eating alone pathetically today but with her sunbae being so pushy, she was grateful she save her from that scenario. 

"I'll have one tuna sandwich with fries and one lemonade, please. What would you get, Jessica-ssi?"

"I..would like some chicken sandwich and one iced tea, please. And, oh, please take out the cucumbers on the sandwich." Jessica said as she smiled to the waiter and hand over the menu. She was not that surprised when she saw Tiffany across the table with that questioning look.

"I don't like cucumbers. It's just that they're weird and I'm allergic to those." she said  shyly and makes face when she imagined herself eating cucumbers.

Tiffany let a hearty laugh upon hearing this cute little girl's statement. "I was just thinking why you asked to take out the cucumbers. You don't have to defend yourself like that." Interesting.

"So, how about we get to know each while waiting for our food? This is a great time for us, right? Our office is so quiet we cannot do chitchats like this, if you want to be saved from embarrassment that's why." Tiffany smirked and mentally high-fived herself. That's great, Tiffany. Real smooth. You'll get to know her!

Jessica just nodded on Tiffany's remarks. Why do I get a feeling that this is like a blind date? Jessica shrugged these thoughts as her sunbae started telling about herself. "Well, to start-off, as I have said a while ago, I'm in the Project Management side. I've been with the company for 2 years. I did not grew up really in Korea. I just came back here during college years and yep, I'm still here. I'm not that good with our language so bear with me, please?" she said as she pouted on the last statement.

"Of course, Sunbae. I am, too. I grew up abroad and went back here to get a degree. I will help you with our language." She said as she gave her sunbae an assuring smile. The two conitnued their chitchats as they munch in the food that they ordered. They were like old friends that decided to meet each other after a long time of seperation,. They exchanged stories to know each other better and laughed at some stories without minding the people around them. Well, this is their time beside they cannot do this at work.

During their date  lunch, Tiffany have learned that Jessica Jung is really an interesting person. She hates cucumbers and loves sleeping. She had very good grades when she graduated and barely have friends during her university life. She doesn't go out and just laze around when she have free time. She's in to music and can play piano. She grew up in San Fancisco that's why she have an english name like her. She have a little sister that's still in university. She lives alone and does't even know how to cook. Tiffany was just surpised that this girl is still alive.

On the other hand, Jessica have learned that Tiffany is really a proactive person. She's the one who initiates everything - from eating lunch to exchanging funny stories. She grew up in LA and lives here in Korea alone as well. She's much better and composed compared when she first saw her in the hallway. Heck, she even called her weird for staring her like that at their first encounter. She's thankful that Tiffany is the one who carries out the conversation as she's really not good with new people around her. Little by little Jessica thinks that this is great. This is completely what she needs - a new environment that can let her mind forget all the thoughts about someone.

Lunch time was over and both girls are already in their respective desks. Jessica was impressed on how professional Tiffany is. She have clearly discussed everything that is work-related. This is a different Tiffany from lunch. This is Tiffany her sunbae and Jessica admired that. She is really a great mentor, she thought.

****

Tiffany has always been a player. She used to date girls and just leave them when she don't find the girl interesting anymore. Heck, she cannot even count on how many girls she went out with in a span of a year. She doesn't feel attached to any of them even if she's trying to love them.

After all the pointless dates and making out, Tiffany had enough with that life. She stopped being a player when she started working. She was never been in a serious relationship with someone because her past self is stupid like that.

For two years, Tiffany was just simple human being working on a boring office. (Well, at least she have a good salary.)

Not until, she met this Jessica Jung.

Normally, Tiffany will throw the bait to whoever she chooses. She will do everything to get the girl in that very time. She can make a girl "yes" even in just a little span of time.

That moment she saw Jessica and for the first time, Tiffany felt something in her chest.

Jessica was different. She did not threw the bait.

As the months goes by Jessica and Tiffany grew closer. At times, they will go shopping together or have some drinks after office. Tiffany is really having a great time with Jessica. She's not really implying anything with her actions because she doesn't Jessica to get creeps. She's waiting for the right time to ask Jessica out but it's clearly not the right time for now. And for now, she's just enjoying what she gets.

Maybe this is love after all. she thought

She never imagine herself to be this hopeless romantic. This is clearly not that stupid Tiffany from years ago.

****

After a few months, Jessica and Tiffany have already finished one big project and the company was really impressed with them. Jessica is a fast learner and Tiffany was grateful for that. Work has never been this great as far as Tiffany remembers.

In the past, when Tiffany finishes a project she would find herself with her friends in one of the bars and give herself some nice treat. Or in some times, she would go to their company's roof deck and just look at the amazing skyscrapers or she would just look above and stare at the stars.This roof deck has always been her safe haven. Whenever she is stressed, she would come up here to breathe some fresh air. This roof deck has always been her friend before Jessica came in to her life. And she haven't been there actually for the past months as she was preoccupied with work and of course, Jessica.

"Congratulations, Ms. Hwang for a job well done. And also, to you Ms. Jung. I am impressed with both of you. You're both great!" Mr. Lee exclaimed as he congratulate Tiffany and Jessica for their succesful project. Both girls, smiled and thanked their boss for commending them.

The girls are currently on their way out as the day had already ended and Tiffany is such in a good mood after their boss praised them. She will be celebrating their accomplishment with Jessica and something about it makes her feel hyped. She was too busy with these thoughts she did not noticed Jessica already stopped walking.

"Jessica-ssi, is there something wrong?" Tiffany asked and wondered why Jessica stopped in her tracks.

Jessica took this opportunity to thank her sunbae. "Thank you, Ms. Hwang for all the things you have taught me. I'm really happy working with you and congratulations" she said shyly as she offers her hand to Tiffany. Even if they grew closer together, she is still shy around Tiffany for some things at work but it's totally different when they are out of the office together.

Her sunbae just looked at her and she have that precious eye-smile plasterred in her face that she always admires. Tiffany did not took Jessica's hand. Instead, she pulled Jessica for a hug. Jessica was shocked with the sudden contact but was able to hugged back Tiffany a few moments later and smiled. This feels great. she thought while hugging her sunbae.

"No, Ms. Jung. Thank you. Thank you for being a great hoobae." Tiffany said as she hugged Jessica some more.

Tiffany nearly had a mental breakdown with the closeness she have with Jessica. Jessica smells like vanilla and Tiffany just want to stay like that for a long time. This is not the same feeling she have with other women she went out with. This feeling is foreign yet addicting. If she can hug Jessica Jung all day she would gladly do it. As much she wanted to stay like that, she pulled out from the hug and gave Jessica a smile.

"Time to celebrate, sunbae!" Jessica said with her aegyo voice. Making Tiffany giggle with her hoobae's antics. Wow, this is the first time I've seen her doing aegyo! Aigoo, such a cute girl!

"Yes! Come on! I know just a place!" Tiffany said as she grabbed Jessica's hand and went to elevator. She choose the top floor and Jessica was curious why the hell they would go to the roof deck. She is hungry and she wants food.

"Why are we heading to the top floor, sunbae? I am hungry." she said and pouted.

Tiffany just laughed at Jessica's remarks. She's enjoying all these things she's seeing with Jessica today. Omo, her pout is just too adorable!

"Yah. Don't worry, I've got food there! Let's just meet my old friend."  Tiffany said as she patted her hoobae's head.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(A/N): ANNYEONG EVERYONE!

Woah! I've got subscribers now! Thank you, thank you!!!

JETI's accomplishment = date? And ohh, Tiffany-ssi is a player turned hopeless romantic for ice princess! Isn't that cute?

 Wait for the next update! Probably later tonight or tomorrow! FIGHTING!!! :)