Chapter 12

Not so ordinary day

After a long day, the sun finally set, and the dark is slowly creeping the surrounding making the city lights more visible now. It’s kind of calming for Tiffany but at the same time it makes her feel giddy since as the day ends, she will be spending her day in her favorite place with her favorite person – Jessica.

Tiffany already planned everything out, from the food and drinks they will be sharing to carefully transitioning the mood for her to confess her overflowing feelings to Jessica.

As they sat and look at the view while munching their favorite comfort food, she can’t help but to still admire Jessica, stealing glimpse whenever the girl is spacing out. Not noticing that Jessica do the same.

 

“So, the night is still young how about we do 20 questions?” Tiffany asked hoping that Jessica wouldn’t be weirded out by it.

“Hmm, that’s a good idea. How about you start?”

“Me, why me?” Tiffany asked while raising her brows

“Of course, it was your idea!” Jessica retorted.

“Fine.” Tiffany sighs while Jessica find it amusing to see her sunbae sighs in defeat.

 

First few questions were too easy. Too safe from awkward situations.

From Tiffany’s “Why do you hate cucumbers so much” and as expected reply of Jessica’s “Just because they don’t smell nice”

Then to Jessica’s “Why did you choose this company even though there are lots of other good offers outside?” to quite amusing response of Tiffany’s “Well, the company logo is pink and the calling card.”

Jessica wasn’t surprised at all and somehow expected that answer. Somehow, it felt refreshing for her to laugh and chill with her sunbae after draining months with their project.

 

Fits of laughter echoed around the ledge as the two keeps bantering and tossing stupid questions.

The later questions were just too silly.

“Who would win between Iron man and Superman?”

“Really, now? You have to asked me between heroes I don’t really know since I hate movies like that?”

Fair enough Jessica thinks, as a matter of fact she just can’t think of proper questions now. It feels like the wine is working their way up on her head.

“If you were to win the lottery, what would be the first one to do?”

“Well, sleep? I have lots of money. I can sleep whenever I want and not work, right?”

Tiffany huffs in disbelief and flicked the other girl’s forehead.

“Yah. I can’t believe you’ll just sleep it off”

“Hey! You don’t have to be so violent about it!” Jessica says as she keeps rubbing her forehead to ease the pain from her sunbae’s violence.

A moment passed on and Jessica thought of another question. She remembered one question from the movie she loves, and she has been considering to ask that question to whoever that will capture her attention (or heart since Jessica is too shy to admit it).

And of course, Jessica didn’t deny it anymore. That this sunbae with the precious eye-smile has captured her heart attention. Jessica didn’t know how. But whenever she’s with Tiffany everything feel seems so easy. From befriending her, to ask advice, to just seek comfort from her.

 

So slowly, in her turn to ask the question in hopes that Tiffany will give her the right answer she starts.

 

“Let’s say we’re in a room, a pink room with all the pink items you love and there’s a fire. What would the first thing you would grab?”

 

Tiffany laughs at the question since what in the world is Jessica thinking. Putting them together in a pink-filled room with a fire must not be something she dreamed of, doesn’t it?

A few good laughs were thrown to Jessica to much of her dismay. Tiffany didn’t take the question seriously. But when Tiffany notice that Jessica wasn’t laughing with her, she immediately stops and composed herself.

 

“Hey, sorry.” The older girl nudged Jessica, but the girl remains quiet.

“Hey – Jessica, look at me” Tiffany is now serious, Jessica isn’t even looking at her.

With this, Tiffany slowly reach for Jessica and cups her cheeks. Staring right to her hoobae’s eyes with so much intensity that she can see the sadness? Disappointment? In Jessica’s eyes.

 

In Jessica’s head, she felt hurt since maybe Tiffany doesn’t feel the way that she feels. She knows Tiffany was once a player and she’s feels a little hurt since she didn’t expect Tiffany’s reaction. She thinks that there was never a chance to be with Tiffany to begin and this might be the most awkward moment she’s gonna deal with.

 

“Hey, don’t take it that way. I didn’t mean to laugh. I just – I just don’t get the idea of the question. Because, what made you think I will get all the pink stuff item? If ever that happens, the only thing that I would grab…. Is You.”

Jessica’s eyes widened at Tiffany’s answer somehow rejoices since it’s the answer she wants to hear but the next line Tiffany says she didn’t expect at all.

 

 “I am in love with you, Jessica Jung.”

They remain silent for a while after the sudden confession of Tiffany. Jessica knows Tiffany is waiting for an answer but she’s in a sort of gay panic, right now and blurted a simple -

"Thank you for telling me, Tiff."

 

Tiffany just gave a quick smiled at Jessica and immediately look down as she retract her hands from Jessica’s face.

 

Seeing lack of response from the other girl. She doesn’t know what would happen next. She doesn’t know if there would be a next time honestly.

 

"That means a lot to me." I’m in love with you too. Jessica doesn’t know how to say. Tiffany thinks it’s the end.

 

Still Tiffany remains silent. She can't even lift her head to see Jessica.

 

"But..." Jessica hesitates to continue. She doesn't know how to say it without Tiffany thinking that it’s just a forced response since she didn’t said it right away.

 

Jessica opens as if she will say something but closes it again.

 

"It's okay, you don't need -" Tiffany wasn't able to finish talking due to a sudden move from Jessica.

 

That night ended with a kiss. And it’s all Tiffany has been dreaming for so long.

 

 

_______________________________________________

Henlo! I'm back from the dead. Lol.

Happy Birthday to our Ice Princess!! Can't believe she's 31 already. 🥺 

 

PS. I miss AFF. ❤ i am shipping another couple too. Hello to seulrene shippers hahahaha