Chapter 11

Not so ordinary day

After their lunch out, both Jessica and Tiffany went to a nearby café to get some coffee. Jessica thinks this would be her second coffee for today and too much caffeine can give her palpitations and from her previous experiences, this can definitely give her a hard time sleeping later.

Jessica could have said no to Tiffany because she values her sleep more than anything else (except of course, food and her sister) but when Tiffany asked with her pouting lips and sad puppy eyes, who would dare not to say no?

No one, right?

Including her. Including Jessica aka sleep addict.

While her sunbae volunteered to order for her, Jessica took a seat and just observes the café while waiting for Tiffany.

The café was not that filled of customers and you can see a handful of people just quietly enjoying their own world; fixated on their laptops, with books or some with chitchats with their friends. The aroma of the brewed coffee lingers on the whole space and she really likes the scent, it somehow relaxes her. She’s so much used to this café setting since Yuri is a coffee lover and they have literally checked out all cafes near their campus back in college.

After realizing that she have thought about Yuri again, she was shocked because this was the first time in months that she have thought about that black girl who’s a coffee addict (or she-who-must-be-named – as per, Soojung) who left her. And thinking about her now, feels different.

Before, she would just cry just thinking about what happened between them. About how she misses Yuri and badly wanting to be with her again.

But today feels different.

Why does it feel different now? Have I already fully moved on? Jessica thinks and thinks about it deeper that made her unaware that Tiffany is already near and calling her.

Come to think of it, I feel happy nowadays. Is it because I'm happy with work? Is it because Soojung and Yoona is around? No. Aniyaa.

“Jessi.” Tiffany calls out as she hands out Jessica’s drink but the blonde is unresponsive – still in daze.

“Jessi.” She calls out again and wave her hand at Jessica’s face.

Tiffany let out a sigh as Jessica is still not answering her.

An idea popped up in her head and she smiled mischievously before she leaned to Jessica’s left ear and calls out her again.

Or is it beacuse I always around with Tiff-

“Jessi” Tiffany said with her husky voice.

Upon hearing Tiffany’s voice Jessica immediately got out of whatever she’s thinking and definitely shocked to see a pair of bright eye-smile as she turns to her sunbae’s direction.

For a second, Jessica couldn’t think of anything. She’s still looking into Tiffany’s eyes and when someone accidentally bump Tiffany and made the space between them merely an inch away and from their faces and from a kiss.

 

And it made her heart flutter. Again.

“Yah, watch where you’re going!” Tiffany got up few seconds after their intense eye-contact and glared at the person who bumped into her.

But, in the back of her mind, she was thanking all heavens for that person.

Tiffany cleared and as she handed the coffee to Jessica “Y-yah, here’s your c-coffee. C’mon, let’s go and get back to the office. Get your stuff. I’ll wait for you outside.”

Tiffany dashes off to the exit and leaned on the wall while Jessica was left still in daze in whatever position she was but now with a coffee.

Ottokeeee both girls thought as obvious red flushes on their cheeks and squealed at the same time.

 

 

 

 

 

Their way back to the office was the most awkward five minutes of their lives. Nobody dared talked after the incident and they just walked quietly.

Now still silence is between the two girls as they continue their daily hustle.

Both girls are stealing glances with each other while the other will look into a different direction.

It’s frustrating for Tiffany, she’s the person who acts whatever she’s feeling right away. She’s overly happy right now with what happened in the café but she can’t of course tell it to Jessica. She smiled as she recall the sudden contact again with her back in the café and just bowed her head in her desk to refrain herself showing how much she liked it and quietly arguing with her thoughts right now.

Ah. Babo-yah Tiffany! That’s just a merely an inch from kiss! That was still not a kiss and you acted this way? You see how awkward Jessica, right now? You have to clean this up! You better think of something!

What am I supposed to do? You know me! Just a glance from Jessica will be a death of me.

Yeah. In loved much.

You're not helping.

Tiffany mentally punch inside her head.

Jessica in the other hand is confused at the same time happy and she don’t even know what’s keeping her palpitation right now, is it because she had two coffees today or is it because of what happened in the café earlier with Tiffany?

With that, she glances backed to her sunbae who at the same time looked at her.

“Hey, Jessi! Sorry about a while ago. I mean… in the café… You know…. I just want to clear this awkward thing up coz I don’t want to be awkward with you and we have to visit our old friend tonight, right?” Tiffany said nonstop and gave her puppy eyes again to Jessica.

Those puppy eyes again! I swear, one of this time I will just close my eyes for me not to see that! Jessica thought.

“I-it’s okay, sunbae. It’s just that I was deep in thoughts that time. Sorry I have not heard you calling out my name.”

“O-okay. So, we’re okay now, right? Actually, I was really worried and at the same time amazed since I thought you have managed to sleep with your eyes open knowing how much you love your sleep!” Tffany said innocently.

Jessica upon hearing that was hysterical and laughing out loud. Tiffany’s statement was funny and cute at the same time and she can’t imagine how the hell Tiffany thought of that. She will never know what’s going on inside her sunbae’s head.

But what she also doesn’t know is that there’s nothing much – except the thoughts of Jessica herself.

“Yah, Jessica! Waaae??”

“Jinjaa, I never thought you will think of that but okay. Yes, we’re okay now.” Jessica said as she finished laughing.

“Aish, you’re weird you know.” Tiffany countered and made face.

“Weird back to you. You’re the one who’s weird since morning.”

“Not as weird as you.”

“Yes, you said I’m cutely weird, right?”

“Yes, but still a large part of it is weird, Weirdo.”

Tiffany don’t mind being called a Weirdo by this blonde Jung. As of now, things are going well and she can’t wait until their shift ends. Tonight’s gonna be the night she will confess to Jessica.

“Okay, Cucumber-nim. Don’t forget that will visit our old friend way up there later so let’s go back to work now.”

“Nae! Let’s buy lots of food again!” Jessica said enthusiastically and Tiffany just shooked her head as she cannot believe how much this Jung can eat again. Nevertheless, Tiffany loves her anyway.

 

(A/N) Annyeong, readers!!!! Woah, thank you so much for the messages and the new subscribers! Happy New Year, everyone! <3 Here's the first update for the year and I will update next week again! Thank you again! <3 leave some comments juseyooo

Random bits of the next update:

"Thank you for telling me, Tiff."

Tiffany just gave a quick smiledat Jessica and immediately look down again. She don't know what would happen next. She don't know if there would be a next time honestly.

"That means a lot to me."

Still Tiffany remains silent. She can't even lift her head to see Jessica.

"But..." Jessica hesitates to continue. She doesn't know if it would be okay to say.

Jessica opens as if she will say something but closes it again.

"It's okay, you don't need -" Tiffany wasn't able to finish talking due to a sudden move from Jessica.