[fin]

Setting Fire to the Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It all started with a phone call at three in the morning.

Yoongi tried to ignore it but the annoying sound of his ringtone, because he wasn't one to pick up his phone ever if it was on silent, woke him up from his slumber. He was wondering who the would be calling him, Min Yoongi, at three in the ing morning considering the fact that anyone who disrupts his sleep is an enemy in his book.

The ringing eventually stops and he figures whoever called him probably realized they had the wrong number or they realized what time it currently was. It wasn't the first time Yoongi's received a ridiculous phone call at an ungodly hour, though he usually wasn't trying to get sleep at this time they called so he never cared, but he swears to everything he owns that he wished people would quit calling him. 

Closing his eyes to get at least a few hours of sleep before having to get up at eight for a meeting with two of his idiot friends, he feels himself drifting off until - his phones rings. Yoongi sits up, ready to chuck his phone at the nearest wall, and grabs his phone to look at the number. It's the same number that he had just missed a call from and he decides to pick up so he can curse the person out. "Hello?" Yoongi starts with casually, biting his bottom lip with medium force to refrain from saying something he wouldn't regret.

"From the other siiiiide!" The other person on the line yells into the phone, making Yoongi cringe. That was probably the worst singing, if it was even considered singing, Yoongi's heard in awhile.

Before Yoongi could curse the mother er out who woke him up at three in the morning just to yell an Adele song at him, the person hangs up promptly after making Yoongi temporarily deaf. "Are you ing kidding me?" He grumbles, shutting his phone off to prevent being pranked called at an ungodly time for, technically, the third time that night. 

Needless to say, Yoongi did not sleep well that night and should be deemed the grumpiest man on the planet as of right now. He's out of bed by seven thirty, dressed by seven forty, and out of the house by seven fifty. Considering he was only meeting up Namjoon and Hoseok, he didn't bother caring if he was excessively late or not, they weren't his co-workers. They were just idiot friends from his music course in college. 

"Someone's grumpy." Hoseok announces as Yoongi comes into Starbucks and he grimaces at the younger male in front of him before pushing past him to order coffee. "Extra grumpy if he's ordering coffee." He says afterwards, making Yoongi elbow him in the ribcage. Hoseok makes a noise of displeasure and gives Namjoon a look.

Namjoon coughs to break the awkward vibe and they all go to sit down in the back of the sitting area. "So why're you so grumpy today? Never seen you so pissed off looking in my life." That wasn't true, Yoongi thinks in his head. He's been in much more foul moods but being prank called when he's trying to sleep really takes the cake.

Taking a sip of his coffee, his face scrunches up at the taste of the dirt mixed in hot water (as he likes to describe coffee), and sighs as he places his cup onto the table. "Question. How would you feel if someone called you at three in the morning just to yell an Adele lyric at you?"

Namjoon sits and stares at him as if he were a ghost before snorting, trying to keep his composure instead of laughing out loud. "Prank call at three in the morning with Adele lyrics?" It sounds unbelievable, really it does, but Yoongi can only nod. "I wouldn't know how I'd feel considering no one has ever done that to me before."

Hoseok has a thoughtful look on his face. "Well, maybe I'd sing along too! I mean maybe. What song depends on if I do that." Yoongi almost faceplants the table because really, what kind of friends are these people?

"You're a in' moron, Hoseok." Yoongi mutters before sipping his coffee. It because Yoongi doesn't even like coffee that much but if he didn't have something, he'd fall asleep on the spot. He has enough trouble sleeping as it is, he doesn't need some idiot prankster at a sleep over, or something, to keep him up. "Last night some kid kept calling me so I in' picked up. He literally yelled an Adele lyric at me and hung up right before I was about to yell at him." Namjoon throws his whole 'not losing his composure' thing out the window and starts laughing out loud. Hoseok joins in seconds later and people start giving them looks from their own tables which makes Yoongi scowl. "Quit laughing."

"No wonder you're so ing grumpy." Hoseok musters out between laughs, taking a deep breath to calm himself down. "That's something I never thought I'd hear from you in my life."

Yoongi sighs and looks out the window before muttering a, "Yeah, never thought I'd have to in' deal with it in my life time either," before groaning. He wants to go back to sleep and pretend that there's nothing going on in his life. He's about ready to toss his responsibilities out the window just for a few more hours of eye-shut. Though, sadly, he knows he can't and proceeds to about it mentally.

"Why not call him back? Or did he use that star number crap that hides the real number?" Namjoon asks as he watches Yoongi, who eventually gives him a look.

"Why the hell would I do that?" Yoongi asks, glancing over at his cup of coffee that he honestly wants to toss. The after taste of coffee always left a bitter taste in his mouth that he really, really, hated. "There's no point in calling him back, he prank called me and that's that." 

"And if he calls you again?" Namjoon asks, leaning his back against the booth. 

"I in' kill him verbally." Yoongi replies back without any hesitation because he will not allow himself to be punked by the same kid again. "Enough about this dumb prankster before I dump my coffee over your head."

"Savage." Hoseok says, flinching as Yoongi reaches for his coffee to drink it, not toss it. He gives Hoseok the stink eye before rolling his eyes, sipping at his mildly hot coffee. It was too bitter and not sweet enough for him, he definitely wasn't going to order coffee again. 

Later that evening, no later than eight at night, Yoongi's at the studio stressing over a project for his music class. There's no inspiration and he's tempted to scrap what he already has which is almost a full composition meaning if he deletes it now, he would lose days of work. He didn't have the time to restart it so that was a no-go and he wasn't going to toy around with it and ruin it.

After sitting at his desk, staring at his screen for God knows how long, his ringtone comes into play, snapping him out of his trance. He grabs the annoying piece of technology and looks at the number, scowling instantly. It was the kid who prank called him at three in the morning. The moment he picks up, there's a loud noise from the other line and Yoongi flinches before muttering a 'what the ?'

When no one says anything, Yoongi ends up initiating the conversation. "...Can I help you?" He almost started with a 'hello' but he wasn't ready for more Adele lyrics, especially since that song annoyed the hell out of him.

"Oh um, yeah hi!" The voice on the other line starts before falling silent. The voice is deeper than it originally sounded at three in the morning and Yoongi definitely thinks the kid has a better talking voice compared to his screechful singing. "I think I called you last night." 

"No ing you called me last night at three in the ing morning." Yoongi starts, ranting all of his stress and frustrations onto the unknowing male over the phone. "What the hell is wrong with you? Calling me at three ing in the morning to make me deaf with whatever that was and who the hell even listens to Adele anymore?" 

"Hey, I do!" The male defends before huffing. "I called you to apologize so you don't need to raise your voice at me. I'm sorry, okay?" 

Yoongi says nothing before promptly ending the call. He texts Namjoon about how the kid dared to call him back and he sweared to everything he didn't want to know about this kid anymore.

Though, sadly, Yoongi never gets what he wants.

[Unknown Number] 
8:24 PM
Hello, it's me.
I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
To go over everything
They say that time's supposed to heal ya
But I ain't done much healing

[Yoongi]
8:25 PM
You're going to need healing after I ing find you and beat the living out of you.
Stop texting me, stop calling me, and please go the away.

[Unknown Number]
8:30 PM
Hello, can you hear me?
I'm in Seoul dreaming about who we used to be

[Yoongi]
8:32 PM
You're lucky I don't know where in Seoul you are because I'll end you.
Better hope we never cross paths.

After sending the last message, the text messages stop and Yoongi's about one hundred percent done with this Adele wannabe. Instead of raging over whoever this kid is, he decides to finish his project and go home. Namjoon and Hoseok weren't at the studio tonight and he was glad for the peace and the quiet. He definitely needed both.

Though, what Yoongi really craved was sleep. Twenty-four hours of sleep, that is. He was ready to become a rock, not moving from the safety of his bed. Of course, responsibilities got in the way of his dreams of becoming a rock but he could dream still.

He leaves the studio around one in the morning but he finished his project and he's feeling pretty good about himself for once. The Adele kid stopped bothering him, his project was complete, and he could have a rest day tomorrow; it was a slice of Heaven. While walking back home to his apartment, he wondered if he could track the number that kept bothering him considering the not-so-smart prankster forgot to hide his number. Maybe he really would track him down if he was in Seoul and kick him in the shin.

If only.

Yoongi enters his apartment with a sigh, the quiet and unlit home feeling too spacious for someone like Yoongi. Yoongi was never a party animal, he's pretty sure that was obvious to anyone that's seen him, but he liked feeling as if there was life around. In his apartment, everything felt dead. It made him feel dead, too. 

Instead of staying up longer, he goes to change into comfortable sleep wear and crashes face first onto his bed, groaning afterwards. His back felt relaxed as he laid sprawled out onto his bed and he makes the executive decision to shut his phone off to prevent a certain idiot from trying to bother him. Though, maybe, he's moved onto someone else to call with Adele lyrics.

Shutting his eyes, he falls asleep almost immediately and by the time he wakes up, it's almost two in the afternoon. He shrugs it off, not caring that he woke up extremely late, considering the fact that he has indeed slept twenty-four hours before, and he gets up to brush his teeth and use the bathroom.

Yoongi goes back to his bedroom to grab his phone, hitting the button to bring it back to life, and he thinks about turning it off every damn night to get better sleep. His messages start slowly flowing in and he almost bangs his head on the wall the moment he sees an unknown number.

[Unknown Number]
9:05 AM
Hello, how are you?
It's so typical of me to talk about myself. I'm sorry
I hope that you're well
Did you ever make it out of that town where nothing ever happened?

"You have got to be ing kidding me right now." Yoongi says to himself about ready to track the kid down. Yoongi glances at the time once more before getting dressed in a black hoodie with his ripped jeans, his black hair easily being ruffled back into place. "I need a goddamn coffee or something." 

He curses at himself for even thinking about drinking coffee, as he really does hate it, but he apparently likes torturing himself. There's a small coffee shop ten minutes in walking distance from his house and he feels blessed that someone thought of him while putting it there. Yoongi never really goes to the coffee shop, as it's no Starbucks, but he was making an exception. When he walked in, there was only a few people there - mainly teenagers - and he just grimaces as he goes to order his dirt in water. 

"Hello, how can I help you?" The voice says and Yoongi swears to everything he's heard that voice before. Yoongi inspects the name tag and he realizes he might be mixing the kid up with someone else he knows.

"Just a coffee, venti is fine." Yoongi deadpans and the kid looks at him funny.

"You just want black coffee?" He asks and Yoongi gives him a threatening look which makes the kid shrug. "Sounds gross but can do. Your total is 2.45!" Yoongi almost flings his credit card at the kid in front of him out of annoyance but he didn't want to seem that rude. "There you go!" He says as he hands the credit card back to him. 

"Yeah, thanks." Yoongi says in utter annoyance, moving to the side to wait for his digusting black coffee, something he will definitely regret ordering. Yoongi watches as the kid, whose name is Taehyung, prepare his coffee. He seemed too cheery for life and it annoyed him because life was not cheery whatsoever. 

Another employee emerges from the back and Taehyung, who Yoongi really wants to hurry up with his coffee so he doesn't have to see him anymore, waves enthusiastically at him which makes the other kid snort. "Happy pills again, I see." Yoongi stopped paying attention to the two and glanced around the shop at the other customers.

"Oh shut up, Kook, I'm just in a good mood." He retorts, placing the lid onto Yoongi's cup. He brings the coffee over to Yoongi and he smiles. "Here's your um, well, black coffee. Have a good day!" 

Yoongi mutters back something before taking his hot coffee and leaving the coffee shop to head back to his own apartment. He's pretty sure the kid slipped something into his drink since he was way too happy for a normal human being so he'd probably toss it in the end; plus, it was mainly just an excuse to leave the house.

When he gets home, his hand feels like it's been burned to a degree and he places the coffee on his kitchen table before opening the fridge to grab something worth drinking. There's nothing besides a few soda cans so he grabs the sprite and slides it onto the table. As for the coffee, he reaches out to grab the cup before stopping mid-way. 

There's writing on his cup and he turns the cup slightly to read what's written.

You're grumpily cute, call me. 
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Yoongi almost loses his . 

[Yoongi]
3:10 PM
You are never going to ing believe what just happened.

[Namjoon]
3:12 PM
I don't know Yoongi, you've had some weird happen to you

[Yoongi]
3:15 PM
I went to that stupid coffee shop near my house, right?
The cashier was a ing happy-go-lucky annoying piece of
Oh, but look. (Picture Attachment)

[Namjoon]
3:16 PM
HAHAHAHA, I'M ING SNORTING.
He put his ing number on the cup for YOU. Oh that's golden.

[Yoongi]
3:19 PM
Shut up. My point is, that number is the same as the who has been prank calling me.
Which means that this Taehyung kid is the face behind this Adele crap.

[Namjoon]
3:20 PM
, him up.
Let's go there tomorrow and see if he's there.

Namjoon was smart with an IQ of 148 but he did dumb things and gave dumb suggestions such as this one. Yoongi did not want to go back to that place where the spawn of Adele (since he was far from Satan) worked. Of course he agreed because he didn't want to seem like a pansy for denying so he'd suffer a little longer.

Hoseok ends up texting him, laughing at his misery. Though, compared to Namjoon, Hoseok's texts were much more ridiculous and he seemed as if he was drunk. Maybe he was, who knows. Yoongi wished he was drunk, it would help him feel at ease. "Maybe next time," he mumbles to himself before dumping the coffee down the drain. He definitely did not want to drink that knowing a complete prankster made his coffee for him as for the cup, he threw it away without glancing at the writing again. 

Yoongi's starting to think he should write a book on his whole damn life, from how he suffered from social phobia as a teenager to how an Adele wannabe stormed into his life making him want to punch something, or someone, in the throat. He was positive it'd be a damn best seller.

 

 

When Yoongi wakes up the next morning, he's in misery. Not only did he get less than five hours of sleep but him, Namjoon, and Hoseok, were going to the coffee shop to see if the spawn of Adele was working so he could pour hot coffee on the brat. He was a sworn enemy to Min Yoongi and he was very much tempted to kick him in the shin.

Yoongi knew he was shorter than most of the males he knew but that didn't mean he couldn't beat the hell out of someone if he found necessary. He finds it quite necessary because no one wakes him up at o'clock in the morning to yell Adele at him and gets away with it unharmed. 

It's almost twelve by the time Yoongi arrives to the front of the coffee shop dressed in a black buttoned up v-neck with black ripped skinny jeans and a light grey jacket topped on that alongside a necklace. His hair was a bit messy, not wanting to cooperate, but he didn't care - he wasn't trying to impress anyone. "I can't wait to see if this kid is here, I want Yoongi to maul him. Oh- hi Yoongi," Hoseok says once his presence is noticed and frowns.

"I'm not mauling anyone, not yet at least." He says, brushing past the two buffoons he calls friends. "Now let's get this over with so I can pretend this day never ever happened." 

Namjoon grins, saying nothing as the trio walk into the coffee shop. Taehyung isn't there and the other two catch onto that fact quite quickly, a look of disappointment appearing on their features. Yoongi, on the other hand, feels quite blessed because Taehyung seemed to be nowhere. 

"Damn, this ! Oh well, tomorrow is always another try." Hoseok replies with a mischevious grin to which Yoongi groans.

When they approach the counter, a boy around Yoongi's height comes to take their orders with a blinding smile on his face. "Hello! How may I help you today?" His hair is a faded pink color and he looks quite young, according to Yoongi.

"You can help me by giving me your number," Hoseok ends up blurting out and Yoongi side-eyes him while Namjoon covers his mouth in an attempt to not laugh. "I mean by giving me a vanilla latte." He says shortly after with an embarrassed cough and the male, named Jimin according to the tag, can only smile with an obvious blush on his cheeks.

"Vanilla latte is a nice choice," he says afterwards before clearing his throat. "What about you two?" He asks, trying to break the awkwardness.

"Just a coffee," Yoongi deadpans and glances over at Hoseok who looks flustered. "Just leave it black." He says before Jimin can ask him if he wants anything in it because he doesn't. He doesn't even want coffee but it was the cheapest thing that they had and Yoongi, like most people, like cheap.

"I'll take a cappuccino." Namjoon states while looking up at the menu they showcase. Jimin nods and puts in their orders while another worker, the one Yoongi saw with Taehyung, comes out. 

Yoongi pulls Hoseok away to the side where they pick up their drinks and gives him a look. Namjoon follows them with an amused grin. "Did you really just flirt with the barista? You're so ing lame."

"I blurted it out, I wasn't thinking! He's cute though, isn't he?" Hoseok asks while side-eyeing Jimin as he made their drinks and Yoongi lets out a sigh.

"Un-ing-believable." He mutters, looking over at Namjoon who was snickering to himself. "Why am I friends with you guys again? You're both the worst people I've had to suffer because of."

Namjoon cackles, nudging his arm with his elbow. "Oh come on Yoongs, you ing love us. I mean, Hoseok does a lot of stupid but him flirting is a truck waiting to drive off a cliff." 

Hoseok sounds offended at the accusations give to him. "I'm an A-plus flirter, you." He snaps back and crosses his arms. 

Jimin comes to give them their drinks and smiles politely at Hoseok, who almost drops his drink in the process, and they take their seats close enough for Hoseok to watch Jimin as he worked. "Such a creeper," Yoongi mutters, taking a sip of his coffee before scrunching up his nose. They mostly small talk for a few minutes before Yoongi notices someone come out from the back room and he groans. " me."

"IS HE HERE?" Hoseok almost yells and Yoongi reaches over to smack his upside the head. "Ouch!" 

"Shut the up, would you? You've already attracted his attention, you ." Yoongi says with a scowl. Taehyung's looking at him directly and he looks like he wants to say something to him. Jimin's also saying something that gets an amused look from Taehyung, probably having to do with Hoseok's flirting, and he groans. Yoongi takes the cup out of Hoseok's hand to inspect it, frowning as he saw no number scribbled on it. "How come the kid doesn't give you his number when you flirt with him but I got the annoying Adele wannabe?" He asks in disbelief, almost shoving the cup back to Hoseok.

"That," Namjoon starts before taking a sip of his drink. "Is what you call unlucky. The kid's not bad looking though." 

"Adele, Namjoon. Adele."

Namjoon pauses. "Yeah okay, I can understand why you're annoyed. Adele is pretty annoying at this point like holy hell, if I have to listen to her song 'Hello' one more ing time on the radio." 

"Hello from the-" Hoseok starts before Yoongi kicks him in the shin from under the table. "ING OUCH."

Jimin looks over towards them and Yoongi's glaring daggers. "You deserved that one, Hobi." Namjoon says with a laugh, shaking his head. "Good news though, that Jimin kid is coming over here to protect you from big bad Yoongi." He says with a playful tone, looking to the side as if he's said nothing the moment Jimin reaches their table.

Yoongi's just rolling his eyes as he scrolls through his phone. "Hi, um, I-" Jimin says nervously while looking b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter