Lee Sang Eun

Unexpected Love

Sang Eun groaned as she heard a knock on her bedroom door.

 

“Yeah?” She croaked out.

 

Dad poked his head in the room. “You have a young man named Yongguk here to see you.”

 

Sang Eun sat up. “Yongguk?”

 

Dad chuckled. “ Yes.” He paused before squinting his eyes. “I would let him in here, but I don’t want grand babies.”

 

“Dad!” Sang Eun shouted. 

 

“Hurry up and get dressed because he is downstairs waiting.” Dad said then closed the door.

 

Sang Eun leapt out of bed, got dressed in pants and a shirt. She grabbed her phone and looked to see if she missed any messages.

 

Eunmi- 3 messages

Eunmi - 3 missed calls

Mr. Hopeful Not A Creeper Yongguk - 1 missed call

Mr. Hopeful Not A Creeper Yongguk - 7 messages

 

Sang Eun brushed her hair as she looked at the messages.

 

Eunmi: SANG EUN!

Eunmi: YOU NEED TO ANSWER ME RIGHT NOW!

Eunmi: CALL ME!

 

Mr. Hopeful Not A Creeper Yongguk: Morning Sang Eun.

Mr. Hopeful Not A Creeper Yongguk: Please tell me you haven’t looked on any social media or read any articles.

Mr. Hopeful Not A Creeper Yongguk: Sang Eun?

Mr. Hopeful Not A Creeper Yongguk: Sang Eun…please

Mr. Hopeful Not A Creeper Yongguk: I tried calling.

Mr. Hopeful Not A Creeper Yongguk: I need to talk to you.

Mr. Hopeful Not A Creeper Yongguk: I’m coming over.

 

“What is going on?” She mumbled putting her phone in her back pocket as she went downstairs. 

 

As Sang Eun reached the bottom of the stairwell, she felt eyes on her. Looking around she found them to be Mom, Dad, and Yongguk.

 

“Uh…hi.” She said as her eyes darted around the room.

 

Yongguk stood there nervously.

 

“Let’s go talk outside.” Taking Yongguk outside to the backyard.

 

“No grand babies.” Dad shouted as she opened the back door.

 

She heard Mom smack Dad in the back of the head. “Hajoon! Leave those kids alone!”

 

Sang Eun shut the back door and they sat down in the yard.

 

Sang Eun broke the silence that had filled the two. “So what’s going on?”

 

“Have you seen any social media or any articles?”

 

Sang Eun shook her head. “No. Why?”

 

Yongguk sighed in relief. “Good.”

 

Sang Eun raised an eyebrow at Yongguk.

 

Noticing, he continued. “ I wanted to explain it well talk to you about all of it without you reading it what was written or the comments that were written.”

 

“Okay…what was said.” Sang Eun replied with caution.

 

“Comments are fifty fifty. Some congratulations and happy for me. Others..” He paused and Sang Eun finished his sentence. “Not so much.”

 

He nodded. “Sadly dating me comes with articles, people knowing who you are, and negativity.” 

 

Sang Eun didn’t think about that. “I honestly didn’t think about all that because you are human, so I am not going to treat you any differently then I do another person.”

 

“Good to know.” Yongguk smiled. “Does that mean, if I asked about a second date that could be a yes.

 

Sang Eun thought for a second. “Yes it would be a yes.”

 

Then a thought came to Sang Eun. Something she never thought of. Youngjae. “Hey Yongguk did anyone else have an article written about them dating with pictures?”

 

“Actually another one of my members, however there are no pictures of the date. Just the article of speculation of him dating.” Yongguk replied. “Why?”

 

“Youngjae…” Sang Eun whispered.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Can you call Youngjae? No wait scratch that, take me to him and I promise I will explain why I need to talk to him on the way.” Sang Eun stated. 

 

Yongguk was skeptical, but had a feeling it wasn’t what he was thinking. He nodded his head and took her to the dorms. 

 

Upon entering the dorm, they were greeted by some of the members. 

 

“Hey Yongguk you brought her, so I am guessing it went well. I’m Junhong.” Junhong introduced as they walked in. 

 

“Hi. I’m..” Before Sang Eun could finished Youngjae said, “Sang Eun?”

 

Sang Eun looked at him and her eyes turned to a glare. “Youngjae.Sit. Now.” She said through gritted teeth.

 

The rest were shocked at Sang Eun, except Youngjae. “That’s scary.” Junhong mumbled to Yongguk earning a stern look from Sang Eun making him zip his mouth not to say another word.

 

Sang Eun looked back at Youngjae. “Does Seul Tae know?”

 

Youngjae scrunched his eyebrows together. “Know what?”

 

Sang Eun took a deep breathe. “Youngjae now is not the time to act stupid. Does she know you are in B.A.P. And does she know about the article that is out?”

 

“I don’t think she knows I am in B.A.P. And I hope she doesn’t know about the article.”

 

“What happens if she does?” Sang Eun questioned. 

 

Youngjae hadn’t thought about that and Sang Eun could tell he hadn’t. “I swear Youngjae if you hurt her again B.A.P. Will be a group of five not six.”

 

Youngjae’s eyes widened. He knew she wouldn’t go that far, but it still wouldn’t be pretty. “Don’t worry Sang Eun. I promise I won’t hurt her.”

 

“Again. You won’t hurt her again.” Sang Eun responded. “You already hurt her once.”

 

“Look Sang Eun, I won’t hurt her again. I promise. I love her with all my heart. I always have.” Youngjae snapped.

 

Junhong's eyes widened. “Youngjae hyung you want your kicked.”

 

Sang Eun gave Junhong another look causing him to zip his lips again.

 

“Do better than promises Youngjae. If you love my sister like you say you do, then do better than promises.” Sang Eun snapped back, then walked out of the dorm not looking back. 

 

As she was walking along the street, someone caught her arm causing her to turn around to find Yongguk. “You are lucky my reflexes did not come through.”

 

Yongguk smiled. “Yeah, I definitely am.”

 

“Sorry about earlier.” Sang Eun looked down. 

 

Yongguk lifted her face until their eyes locked. “Don’t be sorry. He needed to come to that realization. He probably didn’t think about it.”

 

Sang Eun nodded her head. She didn’t know what to say.  She just got super protective and because of that she felt like she disrespected not only his place but the others that live there too.  

 

A pair of arms wrapped around her. “Hey it is okay. I promise.” He paused. “Even if you scared Junhong a little bit.”

 

“I didn’t mean to scare him.” She pouted. “I’m sorry.”

 

“You didn’t scare him scare him. It is more like he knows not to make you mad.” Yongguk chuckled. 

 

Sang Eun  gave a small smile.

 

“Is that a smile?” Yongguk joked. 

 

“Maybe.” Sang Eun stuck her tongue out at him.

 

Laughing, Yongguk suggested that they walk around before she goes home. Sang Eun agreed. She didn’t want to go home. She didn’t want to explain that she just scolded the crap out of Youngjae in his own home he shared with other people. Her parents would not be pleased with that part. 

 

“So where to first?” Sang Eun smiled. 

 

Yongguk smiled and lead the way to an ice cream shop. He thought ice cream was needed, which Sang Eun was thankful for. 

 

As they sat down near Han River with their ice cream, Sang Eun revealed why she snapped at Youngjae. “So before he started as a trainee him and my sister were dating. Then one day he broke up with her telling her they needed a break from each other.  It broke her heart. She didn’t know what happened for him to say that and she ended up finishing school in the U.S.. I didn’t get to see my sister in years. The other day when she at work she called me upset telling me she seen him. When I picked her up from work, he was walking her out and she was happy like she was back then. I don’t want to see her get hurt again. It was bad.”

 

Yongguk nodded his head. “You know you don’t have explain. That is your sister. Your family  comes first and that’s understandable. If that happened to my siblings I’d react the same way.”

 

“Still. It was disrespectful to you and your members home.” 

 

“The fact that it bothers you is the reason why I’m telling you it’s okay. Besides Youngjae needed to hear that. I can tell you he does love her. During trainee days he was upset about the no dating ban, but worked hard and has been hoping to get her back.” Yongguk explained.

 

Sang Eun nodded. “Thanks.”

 

“You’re welcome.” Yongguk smiled.

 

Before Sang Eun could ask what they should do next Yongguk’s phone rings.

 

Yongguk sighed and picked up his phone. “Hello?” Sang Eun looked out onto the river. “Okay. I’ll be there soon.”  Yongguk hung up his phone and looked over at Sang Eun. So beautiful he thought. “Sorry to cut this short, but I have to go to a meeting,”

 

“It’s okay. I understand.” She said smiling at him.

 

“First though I am walking you home.” 

 

“You aren’t going to get in trouble are you?“

 

Yongguk shrugged. “Don’t know, but I’m not letting you walk alone so they can wait a little.”

 

Sang Eun bit her lip. “As long as you don’t get into too much trouble.” She didn’t want him to leave. She wanted to spend more time with Yongguk, however she understood that he had to do what he needed to.

 

Yongguk walked her home and to the door. He smiled and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “I’ll text you later.” 

 

Sang Eun blushed and smiled. Nodding she replied, “I’ll talk to you later. Now go before you get into more trouble.” 

 

Yongguk smiled and waved as he walked away. As soon as she couldn’t see him anymore, Sang Eun walked inside and to her room. Laying on the bed, she smiled big. She was happy to have met him and every time she is with him it gets better and better. Sang Eun hoped it would stay that way.