Chapter Six: Waking Truth

Glass Clockwork

Chapter Six: Waking Truth

 

Bright sunlight streamed down and Mirai slowly blinked her eyes open. Her eyelids felt heavy and there were far too many faces looking at her. A warm weight was on her chest. However, the only face that stood out was her Uncle’s. Mirai gasped and sat up. She yelped at the searing pain in her side.

 

“The first rule I told you was to not leave this manor unless someone was with you…and you broke it. You went out and nearly got yourself killed by a rough werewolf! Thank God Yuto stopped the bleeding and Ryosuke stitched you up. I hate to do this to you, but you are grounded to your room until your stitches can be taken out. Rena will do everything for you. I do not want to hear or see something like this every again. Do you understand?” asked Takki with a frown.

 

“I am sorry for disobeying you. I understand” replied Mirai. Takki stood and left but the rest stayed behind. It was quiet.

 

“You safe! Yay!” cheered Kaoru before snuggling his face into her neck.

 

“Yes, I am safe.” She glanced up at Ryosuke who gave her an unamused look before leaving.

 

“You know…Ryosuke was frantic when you passed out. He almost bit me when I told him that your dress had to be taken off for stitching. He insisted he do it” said Yuri.

 

“Huh, guess seeing the one you love in pain makes you do crazy things” said Keito.

 

“That is crossing the line. He does not love me. If anything, he did it because he was in a panic and that was how he handled it” said Mirai.

 

“Let us all agree on that story for now” said Rena with a smile. “Now everyone except Kaoru needs to get out! My lady needs rest. Out!”

 

Everyone shuffled out and Rena shut the door with a huff.

 

“You should have told me that you were sneaking out! I would have happily gone with you” said Rena.

 

“We will sneak out together if there every is a next time. Promise” said Mirai.

 

“You caused quite the scene. Those four busted through the door and woke nearly everyone up. It was kind of funny. Yuto’s shirt was wadded up against your side and soaked in blood, Ryosuke was carrying you like a bride and was screaming orders at the top of his lungs. Keito was yelling about medical supplies but it was all in English so only Jesse and Marius understood him. They ran to get the supplies, and then Yuri howled that you needed stitches ASAP and were losing too much blood. Ryosuke brought you to the dining table and we laid you out. Your nightgown was torn…and Yuri almost took it off, but Ryosuke nearly took his fingers off, so I cut away the fabric while everyone else got the needles and thread ready. Fifteen stitches. It will take a while to heal. Till then, I will be the best maid!”

 

“Noisy” huffed Kaoru. The two of them laughed and Mirai made space on her bed for Rena to lay down. Kaoru shifted between them.

 

 

 

Ryosuke was in the bathroom washing off the blood that was still stained on his hands. Even if he tried to, he could not stop the scene from replaying in his head.

 

Once the werewolf was sealed, he rushed over. Mirai was shaking and whimpering in pain. Keito was doing his best to say a healing spell, but Ryosuke’s protective mood kicked into high gear. He pressed the cloth tighter to her side and scooped her up. He all but ran back to the manor. His mind was numb. She…could not die. He would not let her. Everything past by in a blur. He faintly remembers stitching her side. Keito attempted to say a healing spell but his voice was too shaky so Marius did it for him. He watched the blue flames around the stitches. This would speed up the healing process. They could be taken out in two weeks. 

 

Leaning against the door, he sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He could not stop the rapid heartbeat in his chest. Is she really worth it?

 

 

 

Loop it here, then add a stitch. Tighten then pull, add a stitch then skip. Loop again. Repeat” whispered Mirai. It was nearing the evening yet Kaoru had refused to leave her side. Taiga had attempted to come in and bring him down for dinner, but Kaoru started wailing and Rena had ran up and informed Taiga that only she was allowed into Mirai’s room before kicking him out.

 

“Dinner is bound to be rowdy tonight, but Master gave me the night off so we can stay in and eat here. However Kaoru has to sleep in his own bed tonight” said Rena as she set down a tray with food.

 

“Do you suppose something is not right here?” asked Mirai.

 

“Why would you say that?” asked Rena.

 

“I did not know that werewolves were real. Their blades were made of glass and glowed in colors. It was so beautiful and they sliced through the werewolf as if it were made of nothing. Ryosuke…he looked so brave…but that does not mean anything. However, I still must thank him and the others for saving me. So I am making them knitted scarves.”

 

Mirai proudly held up a beautiful red scarf that she had been working on.

 

“I still have three more to knit. Maybe I shall knit a hat for the younger three” said Mirai.

 

“You are very much like a mother. Kaoru had taken a liking to you” mused Rena.

 

“And it seems that Kauan and Ren like you as well.”

 

Downstairs, the dinner table was in full discussion mood. The rough werewolf attack had all of them on high alert. It was rare, so very rare, for something like this to happened. 

 

“Should we start placing stronger protection spells around the town?” asked Yugo. Keito shook his head.

 

“That would be too much of a risk. Jesse just completed his training and Marius is almost done with his. It would take far too much energy and power from the three of us and even then it is not known that the town will be fine” explained Keito. 

 

“Plus, it would draw more attention to the manor and we already have too many rumors swirling” added Fu.

 

“We will figure out something in the morning. In the meantime, I want to know if my niece will survive” said Takki.

 

“She is all stitched up and I performed the healing spell. She will be up and moving in two weeks. The poison had no effect” confirmed Marius.

 

“No effect?” asked Takki.

 

“We were shocked too…would it be possible to run tests of her blood?” asked Taiga.

 

“That would be in our best interest.”

 

As the night grew softer and more quiet, Ryosuke decided to stop by Mirai’s room to check up on her. Knocking on the door, Rena opened it and gave him a sharp look.

 

“How is she doing?” he asked not wanting to cross her.

 

“She is well and asleep. If you wish to speak with her then you will have to wait till the morning.”

 

“Then I will see her in the morning.”

 

A/N: Sorry for the late update, but rest assure that most of the chapters are already typed up. I just need to upload them. Thanks for reading!