Bear vs. Beagle

I Like Girls with Attitude
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[AN]: Gosh, it's been light years since I updated ;v; I've been focusing on other stories a lot, and this story is more of my relaxed ones so I usually come back to this to refresh myself. Sorry for typos and errors! Read, subscribe, comment and enjoy! ^^ ]

 

Chapter 5 - Bear vs. Beagle

 

 

 

In an alternate universe, the bear and the beagle had always been natural enemies. 

Legend has it that the bear would always prevail over the beagle, but some argued against it. 

Who's the winner? It's hard to tell.

Nobody knows for sure, except for the beagle and the bear themselves. 

 

 

“Jongin, seriously—stop,” Kris pestered him. “It’s weirding me out, it’s weirding Kyungsoo out, and it’s totally icking Kang Seol,”

“What?” Jongin glanced at him confusingly, unable to understand what he means.

“You’ve been staring at her for ages!” he stressed, slapping the back of his head to get his attention.

“Ouw—what was that for?!” he hissed.

 

Kris and Kyungsoo stared at each other in utter disappointment. It’s finally that time of the year when Jongin loses his senses to a girl.

 

“You do know that you’re using a fork to eat your cream soup, right?” Kyungsoo pointed at the fork he’s holding.

“Yeah, sure,” the male nodded, his eyes scanning for a certain girl.

“He’s hopeless,” Kris clicks his tongue. “Let’s just go sit somewhere else,”

“I’m with you,” Kyungsoo nods with a sigh, standing up as he takes his tray and moved away from Jongin before his odd virus spreads to them. Jongin didn’t even notice that they left.

 

Jongin doesn’t know if this is a crush or whatnot, but he just couldn’t take his eyes off Seol. He doesn’t feel all nervous or lovey dovey when he sees her, nor does his heart skip a beat just from a whiff of her perfume, yet he just couldn’t afford to not see her for one second, or else he’d just go mad.

 

“Don’t even think about it, wimp,” Baekhyun took his attention when he came to his table and shoves a spoonful of soup into his mouth with an actual spoon this time. “Kang Seol has no room for boys in her heart,” he warns him as he sat down. “Actually, she really has no room for boys anywhere except for her dad. When I went to her house to do our group project, she’d make me work in the living room while she and that fattie works in her room, I mean—isn’t that just ridiculous?” he talks in disdain as he stresses his words with the fork in his hand.

Jongin shrugs to his words. “I don’t know, I mean I’m not intending to confront her or anything, it’s not like I have feelings for her,”

Baekhyun gives him a face. “You’re not serious, are you.” he didn’t even bother to make it sound like a question, he knows just how ed up Jongin is.

“There’s no reason for me to like her,” Jongin stresses his words. “She’s cold, she’s mean, she’s cruel, she’s unfriendly—“

“You talked for five whole minutes about how y she is in your opinion,” Baekhyun cuts in with an un-amused expression.

“That’s because she is hot,” he smirked. “But, I don’t like her. At least not in a romantic way,”

Baekhyun pinched the bridge of his nose. “Nobody talks repeatedly about how y or attractive someone is without actually liking that person, genius,”

“Excuse me?” Jongin scoffed before narrowing his eyes and pointing a judging finger at him. “You’ve been talking about how fat Min Ji is for the past few days. If that’s not admiration or attraction, I don’t know what is. If anything, you’re the one who has a crush,”

“That’s it, I’ve had it with you and your stupid excuse of a brain—I’m eating with Kyungsoo,” Baekhyun stood up, a big pout on his lips.

“He’d never accept you on his table,” Jongin muttered.

“Watch me,” Baekhyun flips his imaginary hair and stomps to Kyungsoo and Kris’ table. Before he could even place his tray, Kyungsoo pointed his hand to the opposite direction, wordlessly commanding him to go away. Baekhyun marched back with an upset look on his face to Jongin before whispering, “This is not over!” and placed his tray on Jongin’s table, only taking his burger with him as he stomped out of the cafeteria.

 

Jongin shakes his head as she watched Baekhyun disappear. He really doesn’t understand that friend of his. Although, he does have a point—perhaps he’s been admiring Kang Seol for too long. He hasn’t been able to kick her out of his head ever since the day she actually called him by his name.

Don’t get him wrong, I mean—it’s not every day you hear the ice princess call the idiot named Kim Jongin by his name.

When she catches his staring, he’d often look away. He couldn’t believe he’s stealing glances of Kang Seol, but it’s not that he cared about it, he often does what he likes anyway. It was only moments later when he noticed someone sitting right on his table.

 

“Hey, Jongin…” Min Ji timidly called his name.

Jongin turns his head and slightly widened his eyes to see her. “Oh—hi. Uhm, Min Ji, right?”

“Yeah,” she nods, giving a bashful smile as she did so. “I need your help on something, is it alright?”

“Sure,” he nods, tossing his fork to drink his soup straight from the bowl.

Min Ji eyes him awkwardly before clicking her tongue, proceeding in an awkward laugh. “Baekhyun left his glasses in Seol’s house again, I’m wondering if you’d return it to him for me,”

Jongin puts down his bowl and eyes the glasses for a moment, as if he was thinking, before nodding. “Alright, no problem,” he takes the glasses from her hand and splits it in half.

Min Ji’s smile immediately dropped and stood up out of panic, “What are you doing?!”

“He doesn’t need this,” he held the broken glasses in his hand. “These aren’t real,”

“W-what do you mean?” she frowns.

“I’ve known Baekhyun for a long time now,” Jongin beckons her to sit back down. “The idiot doesn’t need glasses, his eyes are perfectly fine,” he mentions. “Also, I saw him wearing his other glasses today, so don’t worry,”

 

“What are you doing with my mom’s glasses?”

 

Jongin and Min Ji turns their head to see Kang Seol staring coldly at the glasses in Jongin’s hands. The two glanced at each other in panic, eyes wide out of fear. At that moment, the two of them realized—

 

That they ed up.

 

“I-it belongs to your mother?” Min Ji stuttered.

“Yeah, I was looking for it yesterday. She left it in my room when she was cleaning,” she told her before asking for it from him with her open hand.

Jongin gulps. “Uhh…” he his dry lips. Well, there’s no point in hiding, he’d die anyway so why not show her the truth. Jongin opens his fist and he watched as Seol’s cold expression turned into a surprised one.

“What the did you do?” she asked in a scowl now.

“I can explain,” Jongin stood up,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter