Epilogue

stars can lie. | 별들은 거짓말을 할 수있다

Two Years Later

It was another warm day in spring when Yumi dragged you along to Namjoon and Youngjae's joint birthday party. You actually had a lot of work to do, but you decided to spend the night celebrating since Namjoon and Youngjae, in fact, were your friends as well.

"Make sure you don't drink anything, Y/N, because I swear I'll be drinking until I pass out! Also, I need someone to take me home," Yumi giggled, poking your side as the two of you stopped at the entrance to the large hall they had booked out for the occasion. 

"Fine, I won't drink at all tonight. But make sure you don't drink too much, alright? Namjoon hates it when you get all weird and drunk out of nowhere."

"No, he thinks it's cute," she defended, twirling the ends of her hair with her finger, "I just that think my best friend forgot what it was like to have some fun."

You rolled your eyes at her, giving her the honor of winning the discussion that had barely even started. You were worried that someone would open the door amidst your childish argument, so you decided it was a perfect time to stop. And almost in an instant, the door swung open, revealing the handsome eldest BTS member holding a plastic red cup in his free hand. Yumi's eyes widened at the sight of the alcoholic drink, quickly pushing the door even wider for her entrance.

"No way! You guys already started drinking?"

"Someone's a little too excited," he chuckled as Yumi shoved past him, "It's actually just cola."

You entered the door as Seokjin stepped aside, the loud music echoing throughout the entire room. It had been a while since you last attended a party, for obvious personal commitments regarding work. You were finally more than a secretary since your promotion last year, when you earned yourself an office of your own as the new team leader. Work was no longer a place where you ran around in an uncomfortable skirt, photocopying papers for your boss and fetching Starbucks for your seniors. With all your hardwork in the previous months, it all finally paid off.

"Y/N! Thanks for coming!"

You looked up from the drink Seokjin had offered you, smiling as you were met with the birthday boy, who had Yumi's arms wrapped around his waist. You frowned at the girl, laughing as she refused to let go of her long-term boyfriend.

"Happy birthday, Joon."

As annoying as Yumi was when it came to PDA, you were happy to see that she was in a happy and committed relationship. The past few years of your life had taught you that finding the right one wasn't so easy. It also taught you that being in no relationship left you a lot of time to think about yourself and learn who truly makes you happy.

"Y/N! What a surprise! You actually came!"

You spun around to see Youngjae standing there, his arms open for a hug. You ran into your friend's arms, greeting him an early happy birthday before pulling away after a moment. It had been a while since you had seen any of the GOT7 members, since they had just returned from their six-month tour around the world.

"Everyone is looking for you, ya know? You should probably get moving. He's waiting."

"I know, I know. I'll make sure I introduce myself to him later tonight," you joked, earning a nudge from Youngjae who threw his head back, laughing.

"Alright, you should probably head towards the upstairs. I'd hate to keep you from him for too long."

Before you could even say anything more, Youngjae was out of your sight in an instant. Following his suggestion for no particular reason, you started climbing the stairs when you heard a voice calling your name. You your heel, almost walking into Park Jimin, who stopped the drink from slipping from your hand.

"Woah, careful there," he chuckled, "My outfit is pretty expensive, you know,"

Following behind him was Jackson and Bambam, trays of several plastic cups in their arms. Your eyes widened at the sight of the numbers, wondering when the latter had suddenly grown into a heavy drinking habit.

"Oh, trust me, it isn't only for us," Jimin defended, "You could join us in the karaoke room if you want, Y/N."

"But maybe later, since you look kinda busy," Jackson added, as Bambam nodded beside him.

"We should go and hurry, Jaebum and Jinyoung are probably tired of waiting."

"Right," Jimin's laughter filled the air once again, "See you around, Y/N."

You nodded your head, watching as they continued climbing the stairs with their drinks. Curiously, you lifted the drink Seokjin had offered you to your lips, the heavy scent of alcohol overpowering your senses. You scrunched your nose in distaste, looking around the dancefloor below to catch a glimpse of the eldest member who had lied to you about the drink. It was definitely not cola.

As much as you wanted to call him out for deceiving you, you reminded yourself how much of a prankster he could be. You didn't want Yumi catching sight of you telling him off and reminding you of how much of a party-pooper you had become lately.

You reached the final step of the staircase, eyes scanning the room for the one person you had been looking for since your arrival. Just before you could start advancing towards the balcony, the first place you thought he'd be, you felt a hand rest on your shoulder.

"Woah, Hoseok. You scared the hell out of me."

The boy laughed at your reaction, and only then did you realize how long it had been since you last saw them. Jungkook, who had caught up to his older member, no longer looked like the younger child you remembered him to be. Mark, who followed closely behind Jungkook greeted you with a friendly smile accompanied with a nod.

"Yumi said she'd do everything for you to come tonight, so I guess she really did, eh?"

"Yeah, but I think I regret coming," you joked, "I've literally been everywhere and I can't seem to find him anywhere. I'm starting to get exhausted, but the night has barely even started."

"Maybe you should check the balcony," Jungkook suggested, "My best bet is that he's there, waiting for you to meet him there."

"Actually, I was on my way there until you guys--"

"Y/N!" Yoongi lazily called out to you, waving his arm to greet you.

"Is he already drunk?" Mark groaned, glancing at his watch for a moment to check the time, "Everyone's getting drunk and Namjoon hasn't even served his cake yet."

"I'm not drunk, idiot," Yoongi snorted, "I just wanted to say hi to a friend I haven't seen in so long. How long has it been? Two months?"

"Something like that," you nodded.

You laughed at how Hoseok suddenly threw his arms around Yoongi, dragging him away.

"You ruined everything, you know? Y/N was on her way to meet him outside, but you came stumbling out of nowhere... Seriously, Min Yoongi."

Hoseok winked at you, advising you leave the conversation to head towards the balcony now, or you'd never see him until the end of the party. Although you had your pent-up frustrations from not being able to see him immediately upon arrival, you were more than happy to reunite with your friends along the way. They just had to save the best for last. You pushed past the other guests towards the balcony, where he waited, his back facing you.

Your smile grew as your hand settled on the doorknob, twisting it to allow yourself the entrance. He turned his head slightly at the sound of the door opening, his warm smile greeting you as you stepped out into the cold night air.

"Miss me?"

"That would be the understatement of the century," he replied, pulling you into his chest. You stood still in his embrace, smiling as you tightened your grip around his waist.

"You know, I've been dying all day for this."

"So I guess you haven't been dying for as long as I have," he chuckled, kissing the top of your forehead before releasing you.

You smiled up at him, biting down on your lip nervously. He was the only person in the world who could make you feel this way. The way he'd message you in the mornings to cheer you on for the day, the way he'd send you flowers on your anniversaries or special days. You loved the way he would drop by your apartment whenever he could, and would spend the entire day with you binge watching your favorite movies on his days off work. You loved the way he would try to leave work early so that he could pick you up from work before taking you out somewhere for dinner. You were so in love with him; him and his beautiful box-shaped smile.