The Past

Right In Front Of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You guys act like such a couple. Just date already.”

 

If you had a dollar for every time you heard that, you’d be rich.

 

You looked to the boy in the chair at the desk you were sitting on. His cheeks were tinted pink as a little smile was suppressed. You felt yourself laugh at his expression.

 

“Chanyeol, why are you blushing?” You asked, hoping he would actually give you the reason.

 

“It’s nothing.” He looked down at his hands.

 

“People say that all the time. I’m just gonna start calling you Boyfriend.” You joked and waited for him to protest… but he didn’t.

 

-

 

“You better be ready tomorrow morning.” Chanyeol playfully warned you as you slipped out of his truck.

 

“Yeah, yeah. I’ll text you later. Bye, love you!” You smiled widely at his blushing face.

 

“Love you too.” He responded quietly.

 

Your heart skipped a beat, and you closed the door to head into your house. You didn’t think he would say it back.

 

-

 

“Hey, Boyfriend!” You hollered down the hallway, making a certain tall boy turn around along with his curious friends.

 

“I told you to stop yelling that at me.” Chanyeol said to you, looking flustered.

 

“It’s not like everyone doesn’t already think we’re dating.” You laughed and moved your hand to hold onto his arm. He would always walk you to your first class. His friend would bid him goodbye as he continued down the hall with you.

 

-

 

“Alright, now everyone pick a partner.”

 

You immediately ran behind Chanyeol and threw your arms around his torso. His laugh vibrated through his body, and you felt yourself smile.

 

“Of course, you’d always be my partner.” He said, making the both of you rock from side to side.

 

“Are you saying that because I’m smart?”

 

“Well, that and you’re my best friend.”

 

-

 

There were no spots left on the bench. Without a second thought, you sat in Chanyeol’s lap. His hand came to rest on your thigh, and yours moved to hold his. Your friends around you stared at the two of you as you watched the basketball game in front of you.

 

“Why don’t you just date?”

 

-

 

“Hey, Boyfriend!” You called out, jogging to catch up.

 

Chanyeol didn’t turn around this time. You didn’t think mu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter