Epilogue

The Unlikely Match

Anew

In the late afternoon, the sweltering heat had turned into balmy weather, one that didn’t feel like scorching the soles of his feet while walking barefoot on the ground, the grass or the sand. This was the usual time in which Junmyeon would put on his sun hat, grab the watering can and made his way into the garden. When Junmyeon had visited the beach house for the second time, he had hired Jaehyun, a local gardener, who had done an excellent job taking care of the place all year round and had planted new flowers and plants as well as looked after the already existing vegetation. Every time Junmyeon returned to the beach house, he enjoyed helping in the maintenance of the picturesque garden. One of his beloved spots was sitting underneath the small pergola, where a cluster of honeysuckle vines bloomed, and he could bathe in their fragrance while enjoying the view of the shore.

It was the beginning days of July, characteristically warm. The proper weather for swimming in the ocean or the pool, an activity Junmyeon tended to do at night where he laid on his back stargazing and looking at the moon. Around one week had passed since his vacation had begun.

The break had been needed. With Junmyeon working at Kim Industries and his grandfather retiring at the end of the year, he was in the final stages of learning about the position he would inherit soon because his dad had believed Junmyeon would be more capable than himself. Of course, his dad hadn’t demanded him to accept the position, but Junmyeon had been happy to be offered the opportunity to help at the family business two years ago. However, it was a greater responsibility than before, and he was putting a lot of effort into learning so he would be a suitable successor to his family’s legacy. To balance out the challenging work days, Junmyeon made sure of taking vacations regularly. Most of the times he would be free during the summers and would spend the days at the beach house, away from the city, the company, business meetings, and all that everyday stress. Here he could find peace and tranquility before resuming his responsibilities.

Sometimes his friends and family would accompany him here, after all, there was more than enough space to accommodate them. This year, his parents had already returned to the city because they were leaving for a journey across southern Europe in a couple of days. Tao and Yifan were visiting Yifan’s grandparents, but they would arrive the day after tomorrow and stay for one week. Tingting, their two-year-old daughter, loved the beach and was looking forward to it, had Yifan mentioned. Junmyeon had been so touched when Tao and Yifan had asked him to be her godfather, he had accepted the role with delight. He also had the pleasure to look after Tingting on his own, whenever he wanted to spend time with her or his friends’ asked him if he could babysit. The first times Junmyeon had been nervous and unsure of himself, but luckily, Yixing had been one phone call away whenever he had needed advice.

Last year, even Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, Sohee and Dongwon had come to stay with him at the beach house. Junmyeon believed Yixing must have influenced a great deal for Kyungsoo and Chanyeol to decide to be friends with him again. The first time Junmyeon had seen them since the breakup with Yixing had been during his 28th birthday. Unexpectedly, Kyungsoo stood in the elevator hall, asking for permission to enter because he had brought him a surprise gift from Yixing, a kladdkaka (for his subsequent birthdays, Yixing had continued sending him one of those cakes). He and Kyungsoo had a long talk about what had happened. The conversation had been difficult, and Junmyeon got to hear once again how vile he had acted, something he agreed with and expressed his remorse over. But at the end of their talk, Junmyeon was surprised to know that their friendship wasn’t over. Because Kyungsoo had said that if Yixing had given him a second chance to be friends, despite everything, perhaps it would be okay to do the same. Before the unfortunate incidents, they had never believed Junmyeon had been all that bad. After that long talk, they had continued keeping in touch and became friends again. Time evidently slipped like a fistful of sand because suddenly Sohee was already twelve-years-old and participating on junior figure skating competitions, while Dongwon would be turning five-years-old and was learning how to ride a bike.

When Junmyeon was watering the heliotropes, Jaehyun’s newest addition to the garden, Byul startled him with her snout nuzzling on his feet.

“Hey there, Byul. Did you enjoy your nap?” Junmyeon playfully asked. He leaned down to give her a pat on the head between the two perky ears. Earlier, Byul had been sleeping in the living room where the temperature was fresh and pleasant, thanks to the air conditioner. She liked to sleep near his feet while he read a book, watched TV or talked to Yixing on the phone. “You’re gonna take a bath later, okay?” he said. Byul barked in response.

To think that it was already two years since Byul arrived at his life. Byul was an exuberant snorkie, a mixture of a yorkie and a miniature schnauzer, that his mom had gifted him for his 29th birthday. Although his mom had said the reason was that ‘the puppy was cute and needed a home,’ Junmyeon suspected that she had thought he was feeling lonely, so gifting him a companion dog would be the solution. His mother had been right, it was unavoidable not to feel lonely at home sometimes, but Junmyeon was already used to it. Though, he hadn’t minded the addition of a small puppy to his household. The puppy had been named ‘Byul’ because on their first night together, the stars could be seen from the penthouse, and it had been the name that her tail had waggled at the most while he and Yixing were discussing on the phone what to name her. Although Junmyeon hadn’t known much about dogs, he had learned to take care of her over time. Sometimes, he felt worried when he had to be away at work for many hours, but his mother made sure to take care of her then. And whenever Junmyeon had more time, he would make sure to spend it with Byul, going out for walks and playing with her. Byul had become one of his best friends.

Junmyeon kept watering the rest of the flowers while Byul followed him around. He was mindlessly humming the lyrics to a newly released song when Byul let out a bark. She tended to do that whenever there was a butterfly, a bee or another flying insect nearby, and she chased after them. So, Junmyeon didn’t pay much attention. But then Byul’s barks got louder and quicker, Junmyeon had to turn around to see what was upsetting her. His hand let go of the watering can, spilling water on the grass. His lips hung open while he gasped and widened his eyes, flabbergasted. His heart fluttered in his chest in that familiar rhythm only one person could cause. Was this a dream? A vision? Because Junmyeon couldn’t fathom that the person with black hair, deep dimples, adorably pointy ears, thick lips, and every other beautiful detail, was Yixing. Zhang Yixing. Byul proved him wrong because she ran towards Yixing and barked again.

“This garden is incredible, Junmyeon,” Yixing said. He was standing there unfazed, looking around, grasping every shape and form of the plants with wonderment. “The pictures really don’t do it any justice.”

Junmyeon blinked once, twice, thrice and a couple more times. This was real, he had heard the voice loud and clear, seen the grin on those lips, and how Yixing squatted down next to Byul, who let go of her protective behavior after sniffing Yixing’s hands and let him pet her.

Once the jumbled-up thoughts and initial shock faded, Junmyeon found his voice and could say one dumb question. “Yixing?! You-you’re really here?”

Yixing’s gaze met with his, warm and welcoming eyes looked at him. Yixing tilted his head to the side and smiled in that way all of his dimples would appear. “Surprise!” he exclaimed. “I have to wear one of these again,” Yixing complained at the Emotion Watch attached to his wrist. “But at least I could finally return. When my boss said they could move forward my vacation, I just knew I had to come.”

Indeed, Yixing had the opportunity to return. Two months ago, Baekhyun or ‘Taehyuk’ had won the elections with seventy-five percent of the eligible voters on his side. Unfortunately, Baekhyun would have to keep pretending to be his brother. Otherwise, the position would go to Oh Sehun, a valid candidate. Despite that, Baekhyun continued staying true to his words. Perhaps doing things like abolishing the System wouldn’t ever become a reality given that their society had relied on it for so long it was their way of living. But at least there were some significant changes. For example, whenever someone ignored direct orders or recommendations from the System, they would no longer be ‘punished’ with marks on their personal files, which meant that Junmyeon had gotten back his traveling privileges after losing them (when he had dropped out as a candidate). Another important change was that people could visit their relatives at rehabilitation facilities. Most shockingly had been the revelation of unreadables to the public. But Baekhyun hadn’t revealed that Emotion Watches calculated crime coefficients due to the risk it would destroy the efficiency of preventing crimes, had Tao said. Thus, the unreadables were known as individuals whose mental health couldn’t be read. Still, there was a scandal because Baekhyun had admitted that unreadables were locked in even if it wasn’t sure whether their mental health had deteriorated or not. Even now, it continued to be a topic the public talked about, and questions like ‘what to do about the unreadables’ were discussed. That information was confidential, but Junmyeon often got to know more thanks to Tao. In the Security Department, the unreadables were no longer considered a lethal threat to society and wouldn’t be locked in as a prevention measure anymore. Instead, they would try to develop a new type of technology that might be able to read the unreadables’ emotions so they could keep them and the others safe. With this new law in motion, it was safe for Yixing to visit. Jongin, who became the new head of the Security Department, had made sure to delete the records of all the unreadables that hadn’t committed any crimes, and he had also invalidated Yixing’s death certificate. All of this had been done almost three weeks ago.

Despite that Junmyeon and Yixing could now see each other, work and other summer plans had come in their way. They had agreed that Junmyeon would visit Yixing in China during the third week of July, right after Tao and Yifan left the beach house. Yixing hadn’t mentioned anything about coming here, which was why Junmyeon had been so shocked to see him.

“I’m so glad you’re here. Welcome back,” Junmyeon said, smiling.

Yixing stopped playing with Byul and went to stand next to him.

Junmyeon was unsure of what to do next. Shake hands? Nod? He decided to be bold and went with his instinct of opening his arms, a signal to Yixing that he wanted to give him a hug, but if Yixing rejected him, then he would accept it. To his delight, Yixing didn’t mind reciprocating the action and jumped forward to embrace him, surrounding his arms around his upper back. Junmyeon closed his eyes and drew himself a bit closer. How comforting, how wonderful, that after the many times he had yearned for it, he was finally holding Yixing in his arms again.

“Thank you,” Yixing said, “I have to admit it was a bit scary to come back here, but just I couldn’t wait to see you all. I missed you a lot.”

Junmyeon knew Yixing wasn’t talking about him in particular but about all of the friends and relatives he had to leave behind. Junmyeon still couldn’t help grinning wider at hearing those words. “We missed you too.” I missed you too.

The hug didn’t last as long as Junmyeon would have wanted because soon they were standing on their own again. Junmyeon picked up the watering can so he could finish watering the last flowers while Yixing and Byul accompanied him.

“When did you arrive? Where have you been staying?” Junmyeon asked.

Yixing had crouched down do sniffle on some alstroemerias, and while he did that, he explained. “Don’t get mad, but I arrived here three days ago. I wanted to surprise everyone, so I didn’t mention anything. I’ve been staying with Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. Earlier today, I went to see your parents. Then, right before I left, your mom gave me her keys to your house. I figured, why wait until you returned to the city in two weeks when I could easily come to surprise you here? You were the last person who didn’t know. So, after saying goodbye to your folks, I jumped on the next train, and well… Here I am.” He looked up to see him, smiling in a way that said, ‘please understand.’

His mom must have been thrilled to see Yixing again. She had never stopped worrying about him either. Junmyeon didn’t even care that she had given her keys to Yixing without asking him. Neither did he mind Yixing hiding his arrival, on the contrary, he was glad to hear that Yixing couldn’t wait two more weeks and had decided to come here instead. “It’s fine. I almost couldn’t believe seeing you here, but it was a nice surprise.”

“It looked as if you saw a ghost,” Yixing said and chuckled.

When Junmyeon was done watering the flowers, he moved onto his next task, to bathe Byul. Thankfully, it wasn’t a struggle because Byul actually enjoyed the feeling of the water and loved to be washed. So, Byul calmly stood on the metal tub while Junmyeon scrubbed her fur with her shampoo and Yixing held the hosepipe. Junmyeon thought Yixing wouldn’t want to help, but he had been wrong, and they both had done the task while continuing their conversation, a conversation that soon turned to be about Byul, her recent antics, her quirks and comparisons to Yixing’s parent’s cat.

Byul was clean and fresh as she laid on a towel on the patio. Junmyeon wouldn’t let her inside the house until her fur was dry. But she didn’t have long hairs because he preferred to keep them short and with this warm weather, it wouldn’t take too long. Byul napped again while waiting.

Meanwhile, his and Yixing’s clothes had gotten wet and somewhat dirty. Yixing didn’t have anything with him since he had come here on a whim and thought of returning to the city on the last train. Junmyeon let Yixing borrow some clothes from his closet until Yixing’s were washed and dry. He also made sure to put on a clean pair of chino shorts and a new t-shirt. As he stepped down the stairs and walked into the living room, he found Yixing standing near the fireplace, observing the picture frames that were on top of the wooden shelf.

“She was so little,” Yixing said.

The picture frame Yixing was holding had the photograph of the day Junmyeon had become Tingting’s godfather. Tingting had been a few months old and was a small lump in his arms. She had grown so much since then and was even walking by now, which kept her parents busy because she was a rather curious toddler. As Yixing grabbed a new frame to take a closer look, Junmyeon explained the moment behind the pictures taken. There was one photograph of him and Jaemin. It was a rare photo in which both were grinning because it had been taken after the brothers’ competition at summer camp, and they were celebrating that their team had won. Junmyeon had the same picture back at the penthouse, only it was in a much bigger size. The rest of the picture frames showed Byul as a puppy, the day Junmyeon had turned thirty and his friends and family had thrown him a surprise birthday party, pictures with his grandparents, even one of him and Yixing was there. Yixing held that last picture frame, staring at the photograph that had been taken while they were dancing on the day their fake engagement had been announced. Junmyeon couldn’t figure out if Yixing were smiling due to fondness, nostalgia, or because of how strange those times had been. At least Yixing hadn’t said it was odd that Junmyeon kept a picture like that.

After Yixing put back the picture frame on the shelf, he said, “I always thought you didn’t like showcasing pictures like this, you never had any back then.”

“I came to like how you use to have yours around the house. I liked the idea and thought they would make this place look… Homey.”

“I see. It’s also fun to look back at them, isn’t it?”

Junmyeon agreed.

Yixing continued wandering around the living room, looking at the rest of the decoration. He laughed tenderly at the framed drawing that was hanging on the wall, a drawing of Byul being in space. There was some expensive and beautiful work of arts hanging around the house, but Junmyeon enjoyed looking at this one the most. Dongwon had drawn it for him last year as a birthday present. Yixing mentioned that when Kyungsoo and his family had gone to see him last February, Dongwon had also left him a similar drawing, except that it was his parent’s cat surrounded by flowers. Dongwon was fascinated by the animals, apparently. Other items and their origins were discussed too. For example, there was a purple rattle on top of one shelf, the only thing apart of Dongwon’s drawing that could be associated with a child. The story behind the rattled was that one time when Junmyeon and his mother had walked down memory lane and looked at their old storage room, they had come across Junmyeon’s and Jaemin’s stuff from their childhood. There had been a lot of things, the rattle included. It had belonged to Junmyeon but was later used by Jaemin because Junmyeon had said that he wanted to give it to his little brother. Of course, Junmyeon had only been two or three-years-old and couldn’t remember it. He had asked his mom if he could take the rattle with him. Neither his mother or Yixing questioned why he had done that but nodded in understanding. Why the rattle ended on the beach house was because last year Tingting had taken it from its place on the penthouse and wanted to use it for some time. Her parents tried to give it back to Junmyeon, but he didn’t mind that she kept it for a while. When Tingting had gotten tired of the toy, they had been visiting the beach house, so the rattle found a new place here. He didn’t tell Yixing this, but seeing Tingting playing with the rattle and laughing because of it, created a silly yearn in his heart. Maybe one day his own children would also play with it.

“I have a similar thing. Or well, almost,” Yixing said while putting back the rattle on its place, “Apparently, I was very fond of Qian’s princess tiara and would cry until she would lend it to me, so I could be a prince too. Mom said that one day Qian said she ‘abdicated’ the throne and gave it to me, so I became the only prince,” he explained and laughed. “Children, huh?”

Junmyeon nodded while smiling. “Have you eaten by the way?”

“I ate lunch in the train, but that was a while ago.”

“Do you want to grab a quick snack?” Junmyeon had eaten out today, so he didn’t have any prepared food to offer.

After Yixing said yes, they headed towards the kitchen. They decided to go for some fruit salad. Under the tunes of joyful folk music, their newest discovery, they peeled and cut each fruit Junmyeon had picked at the market this morning. Although he and Yixing had talked on the phone while being in the kitchen, it was nothing compared to being there in person, where Junmyeon could actually see the way Yixing laughed and smiled, every reaction of his that had him a bit spellbound and Yixing had to ask ‘Junmyeon, did you hear me?’ For a moment, this had reminded him of those days they had shared so long ago yet felt so close in his heart. They enjoyed their fruit salad sitting on the sun chairs near the pool.

Soon the hours passed, and they had continued talking about many things. One of the topics had been the flower shop. Recently, Junmyeon had invested in a complete remodeling of the shop. The process had culminated in new and fresh interiors, with more space and comfortable working stations. The flower shop looked different, yet Junmyeon had made sure it didn’t lose that touch it used to have. Yixing had swung by some days ago and thought he had done a great job, just like Sooyoung, and everybody else believed. Another conversation topic was Yixing’s life in China. Although he missed being his own boss, he liked his job and was getting along fine with everyone there. Yixing was also thinking of buying his own house. He currently rented an apartment but wanted to live closer to his parents in the suburbs.

Even as they had walked in the sand along with Byul, they had kept the conversation going, telling stories they hadn’t heard about each other yet, or about what this and that person they knew had been up to. Taeyong had become a father, Junmyeon was sent an invitation to his son’s first birthday party. Another big surprise had been Minseok and Jongin’s upcoming wedding. Junmyeon hadn’t known those two were dating until one day the invitation to their engagement party just appeared in his mail. He and Yixing felt happy for them.

In the end, they walked back to the house and sat on the wooden bench underneath the pergola, Byul laid on the grass in front. Dusk had arrived and was painting the sky with orange hues mixed with blue ones, the sea shimmered in the setting sunlight. One time so long ago, he and Yixing had missed this, but Junmyeon was glad they were seeing it now.

“I love their fragrance,” Yixing said. He was holding some of the honeysuckle vines that were clinging to a pole and sniffed them. Once he was done, he looked at sunset taking place in front of them. “And I love this view.”

“Yes, so do I. This is one of my favorite spots.”

“I can see why,” Yixing said. "You know, I had a lot of fun today. This place is… Nice.” He was smiling through his words until it was replaced with a frown, “Although, I regret not properly packing a suitcase because man, I am not looking forward to another train ride. Taking a dip in the ocean sounds more fun.”

“You can stay here tonight, there are a lot of guest rooms. If-if you want of course.”

“I’ll think about it,” Yixing said.

“Don’t think too long, so you don’t miss the train.”

They had only spent a few hours together, and he would see Yixing again, but the thought of him leaving saddened Junmyeon. He had been thrilled to have the man he loved by his side again, and he couldn’t take the departure. At least before Yixing left, Junmyeon wanted to know.

Over the curse of years, they had developed a good friendship despite being former lovers and all that mess. Ever since they had broken up, Junmyeon hadn’t been with anyone else neither did he try forgetting those feelings because his heart would always belong to Yixing, he would always love him, as if it had meant to be with him and only him. Sometimes Junmyeon felt his love grew even more and more if that were possible. Those feelings hadn’t been voiced out, though. He didn’t want to put more pressure or awkwardness into his and Yixing’s friendship. Perhaps it was odd that they were one of those rare ex-couples that kept in touch, but that didn’t have to mean Yixing had feelings for him. Yet Junmyeon hadn’t heard anything about Yixing seeing someone else either, and that had given him hope that maybe Yixing felt the same way too. Then again, maybe Yixing didn’t mention anything regarding his love life due to how strange it’d be to talk about it with his ex-lover. Either way, Junmyeon felt that confessing his feelings would be difficult for them, they lived in different countries and without any chance of seeing each other. But those setbacks were solved now. And Junmyeon’s impatient heart was eager to find out what would happen now. A reasonable voice said that it was too soon to ask such question but knowing Yixing’s thoughts would be much better than overthinking and hesitating.

The sun was hiding underneath the water and the night was upon them, so Junmyeon breathed in and said it.

“Yixing, do you think we’ve reached a point in which… It’s good between us?”

He didn’t even have to specify what, Yixing knew what he meant.

“Well, I wouldn’t have stayed around all these years or even come here, if I thought otherwise.”

Junmyeon smiled in relief.

Yixing stopped staring at the horizon and looked at him instead. “Why do you ask?”

“Because,” Junmyeon said, extending the syllable at the end. “I was wondering if you had someone you like back there.”

Yixing’s widened eyes meant he hadn’t been expecting that question. He shook his head. “No, I don’t… Do you have someone you like here?”

“Yes,” Junmyeon said, and had to bite his tongue to not add ‘he’s sitting right next to me.’ “I hurt him a lot in the past. But he’s one of the kindest persons ever, so eventually, he forgave me. I want to tell him how I feel, actually, how I never stopped feeling. The problem is, I don’t know if he still feels the same way or can even reconsider to give me another chance. Am I even worthy of one?”

Junmyeon didn’t get an answer right away, Yixing waited for the words to sink in. He observed Yixing’s face being lighted up by the final rays of sunlight.

Eventually, Yixing said, “Maybe, he thinks you are. Maybe, he has learned to trust you and isn’t afraid of trying again because he feels this time everything would be all right between you two. And maybe his feelings remained the same too, and that’s another reason why he couldn’t stay away.”

“So, if I were to ask him out on a date, do you think he’ll say yes?”

“Yeah. But you can’t go all out and do something flashy He’ll prefer a simple… Dinner or go out to drink milk tea, something like that.”

Junmyeon chuckled, Yixing had seen right through him and what he would have done. “Then, how about I’ll ask him to eat seafood with me at the prier? He likes that, doesn’t he?”

“Oh, he loves that food. So, yeah, that would be a terrific choice,” Yixing said, laughing along with Junmyeon.

By now, the sun had fully set, the sky was blue with faint tints of orange, darkness was slowly engulfing the sky until the stars and the moon would appear. As they watched the seashore under silence, the only noise being Byul’s faint snores and the water waves hitting the sand, Junmyeon was holding Yixing’s soft hand. He had hesitated at first, had reached slowly until Yixing grabbed him and they ended up clasping their hands together.

“I guess I wouldn’t mind staying here tonight, Junmyeon. I can miss the last train.”

Junmyeon held Yixing’s hand a little tighter. “Then… Would you also not mind going out with me, Yixing? We can visit the seafood restaurant. They have a lobster special tonight.”

“You already know my answer. Just lead the way.”

It wasn’t possible to distinguish Yixing’s face in the darkness, but he knew Yixing was smiling, just like him.

Junmyeon couldn’t wait to see what waited ahead of them, today had only been one of the many, many days they’ll spend together.

 

 

 

Final author's note

 

After 145k words and spending roughly 21 000 minutes writing (according to my Word file stats) this story is finally completed! :D

It has been such a long, long journey, guys. And this story ended up being so different from my original idea. I mean, this would have been another story if I hadn’t changed my mind right before publishing the 1st chapter.

There were also complications along the way. At one point I almost dropped the story completely haha. Mainly because I’m aware of how much it lacks, plus some inconsistencies I may have missed (and will try to edit out when I get the chance). With this story being so loosely connected to Psycho-Pass in terms of the setting (because if you’ve seen the original anime, you may find only a few similarities with this fic), it no longer felt a sci-fi type of story. And this was my fault because I ventured into writing a genre which I had never written before or read much either. So, I was ashamed and cringed so hard at what I was trying to sell as ‘a futuristic world’ and storyline.

Still, I could look past those mistakes and flaws, and ultimately decided to continue the story for the sake of the characters whom I had come to love writing about. I also got a new attitude regarding writing. That attitude actually made me prone to write longer chapters. Back in early 2017, I used to believe that writing a chapter with more than 3K words meant nobody would read it, so I avoided long chapters. Then, I began to think 'Screw this! I’m going to write for myself and for whoever wants to read these silly, silly stories.’ So, I no longer cared if someone would find long chapters too boring or whatever, that’s why now some of the chapters were up to 8-10K words long haha.

Anyways, despite that there are some parts that I love and some that I think could improve tremendously (mostly the sci-fi parts), overall, I’m happy and feel accomplished for having finished the story.

When it comes to the ending, maybe you’ll disagree, but for me it’s perfect! Trying to write that classic ‘and they lived happily ever after’ ending would have taken me at least a 40K epilogue or more chapters, but I don’t want to include any filler chapters on this story. They would have been fillers because there wouldn’t be any drama to balance them out, it would be a y=constant function at the end of the sine wave hahaha. And I rarely write drama-less stories, so this is the perfect ending. Plus, I can leave you guys with the freedom to imagine what happens next. But who knows? Maybe one day I change my mind and come back here with some bonus one-shots (drama-less of course).

Also, a big shout-out to all my commenters. You had such a fantastic comment etiquette, thank you! I had so much fun reading your thoughts and reactions with each chapter, be it in long paragraphs or short ones. They did incentive me to write more. You were all so sweet and never pushed me or demanded I updated like some readers around here tend to do… Thanks for understanding me when I was busy. I appreciated your encouraging words ^_^ And many thanks to you guys who upvoted too!

That's it. Thanks for accompanying me on this journey, everyone who managed to reach the end!

P.S. In case nobody realized it, the divider of the two flowers I use is two honeysuckles. That was how I imagined the brooches to look like.