The Figure In The Mist

Love Bitten

Miyeon was poised and ready for when she heard the chime of the old grandfather clock located in her father's study; the time came quickly. Opening her bedroom door, she glanced into the hallway before her, the coast was clear, so she stepped silently out of her room and sneaked stealthily down the stairs, carefully dodging all of the creaky steps which could lead to someone hearing and catching her mid-way. Eventually, the tackled the first stage of her midnight escape and proceeded to carefully prise the rattlely keys off the hook on the wall closest to the front door. She made some noise and heard her sister shuffling in her sleep as if she was going to awaken and catch her at any moment but it turned out that she was only getting comftable. After grabbing the keys, she was already sweating. Then, she placed them in the door and opened it, showing a new whole world illuminated by the bright white light of the moon, large. Closing the door, she sighed a large breath of relief and tuned to face the new area. It seemed like a completely different place by night because at day, many people pass by or children play near the house opposite Miyeon about 200 yards away. At this time, the grass and sky were both toned down to a misty blue and each house stood lonely, holding their persons inside. It was completely barren, nothing but that. Miyeon begn to walk towards the forest, with each step she took, excitement crept upwards too - but some kind of fear was hidden deep inside too though (but she thought that showing off her fear was quite cowardly). The closer she reached the gloomy gaggle of darkness and trees before her, the closer she was to bursting into tears because of it. All of this was arranged over a few seconds via. letter, which was quite clever as Miyeon thought. Eventually, she reached the entrance of the forest, the trees whistling and towering over her, some even looked intensely at her. Since the forest was extremely deep, Miyeon had a very long piece of rope called into a wide ball, she began to unwrap it and placed the tip on the floor. Miyeon had studied Greek mythology at school when she first started secondary school 2 years ago just before she turned 13, so she recalled that in one of the myths (she couldn't remember the name) that the hero used a long piece of string to help him escaping a maze. She thought this was helpful, so she did exactly what the hero did. Leaving the tip at the entrance, she grabbed the remaining rope and began to walk, unwrapping the rope as she did so, who knows she steps out of the forest alive.

Half an hour later, Miyeon had reached the centre of the forest, where the anonymous stranger in the letter told her to do. She was almost out of rope, but she'd reached her destination, so she just dropped the remaining rope in a bundle behind her feet. She waited, waited for the mysterious boy. Just as Miyeon was about to wrap her rope onto the tall, bulky tree behind her, mist began to close in around her like a huge, white shawl. Suddenly, a shadow was lurking in the shadows of the thick fog, coming closer every second. Miyeon felt a pounding in her heart and it was so loud, it was pounding in her ears too; this could be the person she was meeting. With every step the figure took, the more excited Miyeon got because it was obviously the person who sent the letter. Suddenly, the mist seemed to disappear from around the person but it still thickly covered the deep, gloomy forest miles ahead of her. The person looked up and Miyeon instantly recognised him.