Jungkook's Arrival

Love Bitten

Laughter filled the long, wide hallways of Busan Academy while students were hanging by the lockers talking about the latest gossip. Park Miyeon didn't see her group of mates among the crowd, so she just trailed towards her locker to grab her things. Dialling in her locker combination, she smiled as a rectangle of mint green paper fluttered from her locker door to the yellow marbled floor below her feet. She picked it up and observed the squiggly writing scattered across the page; as her handwriting was so used to being neat, Miyeon could hardly make out the words. Eventually, she made out what the letter said:

"Hiya Miyeon, it's Leehan, sorry, but me or the group are at school today - today's the school trip, remember? The one that you payed for? You never turned up...so, I'll see you tomorrow, I guess. ~Leehan"

Miyeon then froze for a second as she then realised that she and her mother payed the money for the science trip that her school was arranging for all years. Crap, she thought. However, the guilt suddenly was brushed from her skin and she was alright...but when she turned around, the hallway was still full of kids yet all the  hustle and chatter had hushed to a deafening silence. Curious, Miyeon gradually pushed her way to the front of the massive flock near to the school's large glass doors - blocking the light from the sun was a boy with his head  down, hood up and dressed head to toe in black. She could now see why everyone had halted their chatter. The boy was immensly suspicious  in the way he entered without the sound of a footstep; suddenly, he raised his head. Miyeon was shocked by his...attractivness and blushed slightly, thankfully no-one focused their gaze on her going pink at the sight of the handsome figure. Slowly, the boy shaped as if he was going to say something, he actually did.

"What are you all staring at? I'm not a troll like the lot of you. Go back to being loud and disrespectful, eh?" By his command, everyone - but Miyeon - did. In fact, she slowly walked up to the stranger and put her hand below her chin and was poised to greet him, but he just rushed past, intentionally knocking into her. That made her frustrated. How rude of him, she thought, has he ever learnt manners?! Suddenly, the bell rang signalling  that it was now first period; Miyeon then swiftly gathered all of her things and made her way into her class. Miyeon's teacher was her own uncle, Mr Jihoon, he was in his mid 50s yet he was still a jolly fellow.

"Uncle Jihoon!" Miyeon tried to grab her uncle's attention. No-one in the school (except your friend group) knew that the English teacher was your own uncle, buteven if they did, they wouldn't seem to care less.

"Hello Miyeon, why, isn't someone early for once?" Jihoon replied with a cheeky grin; he knew that his niece was usually late for lesson - he never gave her detentions even for her punishment. Classmates within her set found this quite suspicious...even more suspicious  of the boy who arrived that morning.

"Hey, I was supposed to be going on a trip; I got the time wrong." Miyeon told Jihoon as she slumped in her seat in the middle row. Mr Jihoon's classroom was neatly arranged in five rows of tables, Miyeon sitting in the exact centre of the class. Her uncle could also be a Mathematics teacher if he wanted to (which he didn't want to, he stated he LOATHED Math). Unfortunately, they couldn't finish their conversation and all of her other classmates started to arrive, lazily slumping into their seats and tossing their items onto the table. Unlike everyone else in her class, Miyeon enjoyed English as an overall lesson, and it was much more entertaining when one of your family members taught you. Time seemed to fly when the bell rang for  break, Miyeon already zoomed through two lessons and had 30 minutes all to herself before another two hours of lessons, which were much more boring than the first. Stepping onto the yard, you almost instantly saw the mysterious boy sitting on a bench on the far side of the yard...however, the bench he was sitting on was the memorial of Kim Junghyun, the girl that was stabbed multiple times on school grounds. She was bullied throughout he life, yet she never committed suicide and her life ended by the unclean hands of another person. People even said that Junghyun was a vampire because she was freakishly pale and acted weird towards sunlight. Junghyun's memorial bench was forbidden to sit on, unless it completely nesscercary. Due to this sort of "disrepectful behaviour", Miyeon found herself striding quite quickly to the boy and before she knew it, she was towering over him while he was obliviously listening to tunes on his phone...on a dead girl's memorial.

"Uhh, hey, sorry to trouble you but you might be...sitting on a dead girl's grave?" Miyeon explained to him, he payed no attention towards her. She tried to repeat herself over and over yet he was just not listening. Because Miyeon was angry by been ignored, she then proceeded to grab tight to one ofthe earbuds the boy had shoved in his earhole and yank it out, making the boy look up in shock. "Did you listen to anything I just said?!" Miyeon asked angrily.

"Uhh, no, y'know, earbuds block the sound around you, eh?" The boy replied, his voice dark. This made Miyeon even more angry, she was raised by her parents to be polite and respectful for others; but because of the boy's harsh attitude, she threw them skills out of the window for a short duration.

"Well then, smartass, that gives you zero excuse to sit your pale down on a dead girl's memorial!" Miyeon yelled, never in her life she said a curse words, and  even herself was shocked when she swore. The boy then got quite frustrated, grabbed his earbud tethered to Miyeon's hand, and whispered in her ear: "You better watch that attitude of yours, missy, before you get hurt." With that, he walked off, leaving Miyeon slightly traumitized by the experience she just witness. The bell rang for the second lot of classes and she then grabbed her things and walked off to class.

The school day was over and Miyeon left school grounds before she knew it and began to walk home to her house near the forest where most people were afraid to enter. Once again, Miyeon knew she was alone because every Friday, her parents and her stuck-up  of a younger sister, Kwyan Mihyung, went out shopping for hours and Miyeon could have to house to yourself. Sitting down on the black sofa, Miyeon plopped her bag down at her side and opened it up to make sure everything was in there. After a short yet thorough check, all of her possessions remained inside but there was one extra thing she didn't recall placing in there. A crimson envolope enclosed with a black heart wax seal, a letter hidden within. Miyeon fet a sudden wave of shock, fear yet also excitement. Her hands were violently shaking while she tried to prise open the envolope and when she did, she found a dark blue-purple letter outlined with a fancy golden rim.

"What in the world?" Miyeon asked aloud, her shaky voice echoing and bouncing rapidly off of the bland grey walls of the lounge. She opened the letter and found a paragraph of neat writing written in white. Her eyes widened in both curiosity and shock as she read word by word, analysing closely to what the letter meant. This is what the letter read:

"Greetings, Miyeon, you probably wouldn't know me...but I for sure know you. You're 14 and you attend Busan Academy for Boys and Girls, correct? Well, don't ask me how, but I know the basic information about you and your friends. You friends are Leehan, Yihoon and Nayeon, eh? Anyways, that is against the point of this anonymous letter. As your parents are out for hours and hours, I want to see you...in private without anyone (and I mean, ANYONE) knowing what is going on. For now, I won't make the mistake of slipping out my identity in the form of writing, I'd rather do it when no-one is around so it won't look THAT suspicious. Meet me in the forest near midnight since no soul dares travels deep within that area. So why not? I know you may feel scared at this moment, yet I assure you, tere is absolutely zero things to fret about, eh? I hope you can make it. ~Anonymous"

Miyeon then - out of fear - teared the letter in little pieces so only sections of words at a time were visible. Who was this strange person sending her a letter to meet her in the most feared place around her dwelling landscape? Surely, her heart was telling her not to meet the he/she (because that was the logical idea) but, for some reason, her head was pounding, aching with temptation to find out who this mysterious person was. However, it could be someone Miyeon already knew; for example, Leehan was a well-known culprit for his tricks and mischief, of course he would send prank letters. Mihyung could also be a valid suspect, she always treated Miyeon like she was scraped of the back of her shoe and always wants to get her older, more matured sister in trouble...heaps of it. She would want to place that letter in her bag before school and wanted her to find it and if she did follow the letter's commands, she could tell on Miyeon and get her grounded for at least 2 months. And also not to mention, the people at school - anyone from her class could send it. Because of all of these suspects, Miyeon made her choice - she would follow the orders of the letter. At the of midnight, she'd slip out of plain sight and see this person.