Kratos

Two-Faced Galaxy {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Kratos- Greek god of strength


"Weak weak! How do you think you'll defend yourself if you can't even swing properly?!"

Jeonghan gritted his teeth, trying to swing his bamboo sword 'properly' before getting scolded again. Out of pure frustration, he turned to his full body mirror stand where Ren was standing with his hands on his hips, his blond hair down as he also had on Jeonghan's pajamas consisting of a large sweater and pajama pants.

"'Swing properly' you say! You've been saying that for the past 20 minutes when I've been swinging as how I was taught?! What is your definition of properly even?!" Jeonghan yelled but Ren was unphased by his actions.

"I mean swing it like you're swinging at water."

"Hah?! Swinging at water is useless and won't create a difference!"

"That's what I mean! Move your sword quickly like there's nothing to stop it! From the way you're carrying your sword you're making it seem like you're preparing to swing at a rock!" to which Jeonghan only groaned, tossing his sword onto the ground before grumpily sitting on his bed at the back of his room.

Ren sighed, shaking his head, "Is that Jinyoung and Jun guy bothering you that much?" His jade-green eyes softened at Jeonghan without realizing that the latter hated his pitying look. No, he despised the act of being pitied on- because pity never led to anything better.

"First of all, it's Jisoo, not Jinyoung. Second of all, it's just the situation I've been thrown into so abruptly in general. From humanity, to love, to you, to the world is ending..." Jeonghan murmured, wishing for time to rewind to simpler times.

"I know that it's hard but I know that you also have the ability to make it, you just need to put in more effort. Because I share practically everything with you now, I know that you are capable of effort too."

"... Does that mean we share memories too?" his voice came out quietly.

"Yes, but that's only because you're mentally weak. If your mental strength was stronger, I wouldn't have access to it."

At this, Jeonghan thought that the world was truly unfair, after all, it's not like he wants to be mentally weak. He actually thought that he had maybe grown stronger after trying to isolate himself from the world. He blamed everyone else who constantly beated him down to this weakness that Ren had called him out on. That was why he closed himself to become the shell he was today, that was why he thought it was pointless to try to protect the world from the seven sins.

"If you're so mentally strong then why don't you share your memories with me?" Jeonghan knew that it sounded childish- petty even- but he got up and started to swing his bamboo sword again for practice, ignoring that he was acting petty. He saw how Ren gazed at him with something akin to hesitance. He wasn't sure, some times it was hard to tell if the god of love truly felt anything in relations to being human, but considering that Chaeyoung talked about how Venus loved another god then maybe he does experience human faults.

The god of love quietly asked, "Would you like to see my memories? Surely there's so many memories of mine with much harsher experiences that it might take a physical toll on you." Jeonghan only scoffs in a rather arrogant manner, "I'll be fine."

There was a moment of silence before a thousand things came flooding through to Jeonghan, blurring reality from memory.

Ruins.

Laughter.

Ruby-red eyes.

Pain.

Sapphire-blue eyes.

Warmth.

Screams.

The images and feelings suddenly disappeared, bringing Jeonghan back to reality as he was gasping for air and had fallen to the ground. His eyes felt shaky with sweat breaking out at a rapid pace even when he was simply staring at the floor of his bedroom.

"Those were only a skim of my memories since I figured that the details would cause you to faint- after all, even a god like me could only take your memories with ease when I could rest a bit while you weren't thinking. Even then I had to stop because you froze and stopped breathing."

He could barely register those words as he still hyperventilated. He barely managed to utter the words, "Th-Th...Than...ks...!" still shaking slightly. Jeonghan closed his eyes, thinking of things that brought him peace to calm his body and heart. The boy thought of when he first met Chan, of when his father was home at one point and brought them to get ice cream, of a small blonde girl handing a small bouquet of small flowers out to him with a big smile on her face.

Jeonghan froze at that, wondering where she came from. He pushes himself up slightly, looking at the mirror where Ren was sitting with his knees up and tugged securely between his arms and chest. He thought of the blonde girl and asked, "Who is she?"

Ren stayed silent for a moment before answering, "Sana."

"Is she special to you? When I was trying to relax, she appeared for some reason," Jeonghan murmured, closing his eyes and the same scene replayed in his head. Another scene appeared of him (or Ren from first-person perspective, seeing how 'his' fingernails were painted a pastel pink) braiding flowers into her hair, turning slightly with those innocent warm brown eyes and smiling happily.

"Yes. I think without her... I wouldn't have been able to understand feelings," Ren gave a small smile, probably reminiscing of the same scene. "When you're a god, you're not born with feelings for you start off all powerful and it feels like everything belongs to you."

"... You think people like to play god because of power?" Jeonghan questioned quietly, twiddling with a strand of hair.

"From what I've seen, mortals love to get drunk off of power. Although, you're a bit different from others," there was a sparkle to Ren's jade-green eyes that Jeonghan couldn't define as to what it meant.

"Different doesn't always mean a good thing."

"Really? I define it as strength."

"No, different just lets everyone pick on you."

The god silently stared at Jeonghan, unnerving the latter, before letting out a sigh, "Alright, if you're so adamant about it, let's just return to training to become your so-called 'stronger' then."