Eris

Two-Faced Galaxy {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Eris- Greek goddess of strife and discord


The next day didn't get any better- well, not like Jeonghan expected it to.

Except the problem was, he didn't expect for it to somehow get worse.

Like any other day, he woke up and ran to the bus since the stop was far away and arrived during rush hour and if he didn't get there early then he'll always end up late to school. He stood by Jisoo yet again but they didn't interact at all, neither did Jeonghan have the courage to return the handkerchief he still had on him. Even in that suffocating atmosphere, Jeonghan did find it weird how he hadn't heard snickering yet or any sort of humiliation happening to him.

When he entered the bus, he noted how the bullies were chatting to themselves, not even looking up to Jeonghan. Somewhere in his mind, this was some sort of alarm but he ignored it when he found a spot before Junhui filled the other seat- much to his dismay.

"How's your head doing? You did get a chair thrown at you," so was what Junhui asked.

"Well you answered it yourself..." Jeonghan mumbled as he turned to face the window instead.

"Jeez, so mean..." Junhui pouted before trying a different topic like normal, "Then what about your beanie?" and tried to reach up to poke at it or something before Jeonghan slapped his hand away, hissing, "Don't touch it."

And the bus ride went quiet for the two as Jeonghan turned away again.

When the bus reached school, they entered school premises with Jeonghan not even bothering to run away from Junhui since he knew that the latter would follow and no matter what he would be glared at by his admirers.

That's where it was different.

Right when he reached the middle of the school yard, he reacted too late to the mocking curse thrown at him before feeling that familiar weight being lifted off of his head and his hair falling down to his neck and immediately the school yard went silent as everyone was in shock.

For what reason? Jeonghan knew, but he didn't even bother remembering the reason why he always wore his beanie when outside of his home.

He was just mad.

"GIVE THAT BACK!" Jeonghan yelled, unintentionally making the students more immobile than before as they've never seen the quiet, asocial boy that was always picked on without fighting back even yell with that amount of fury to step right up to the one he took his beanie before yanking it and running off.

And he just ran.

He didn't care where, he just ran.


Eventually, he reached a park and leaned against a tree before sliding down, on the verge of hyperventilating as the tears burned his eyes. Jeonghan looks at his beanie still clutched tightly in his hand. Somehow, that worn-out accessory was an eyesore to him as he clenched his teeth before throwing it far away, not even bothering to look to see where it landed before closing his eyes and just focusing on calming down.

"Unnie dropped this."

He hated how he old habits hadn't died yet when he opened his eyes to see who called out even if it's not even the right way to address him. He looks up slightly to see a little girl standing in front of him, curly pigtails laying on her shoulder along with a noticeable mole at the bottom corner of her lip as she clutched the beanie in her tiny hands.

"I don't want it anymore," he answered as he looked away, not even bothering to fix her mistake.

"But it's special to unnie?"

Jeonghan was confused as to why the little girl said that because she obviously couldn't have known... right? He quickly shakes that bizarre idea out of his mind before saying, "It's... Yes it is... but I really can't deal with it anymore..."

"Then will unnie play with Chaeyoung?"

The little girl in front of him was odd to say the least to suddenly tell her name to a complete stranger and ask that same stranger to play with her. She continues to innocently explain, "Chaeyoung can take the beanie if unnie doesn't want it anymore, but then unnie has to play with Chaeyoung." Unluckily for Jeonghan, he had a soft-spot for children- especially with how this little girl's innocence reminded him of when he first met Chan when they became a family.

"Okay, I'll play with you," Jeonghan sighed as he pushed himself to stand up again and inside he doesn't regret it when he sees the little girl immediately light up, putting the beanie onto her head before dragging Jeonghan over to the bench a couple meters ahead where a sketchbook and markers laid. When he looked around the park and realized that it was only the two of them, he had to ask, "Where are your parents?"

"Chaeyoung was gonna go to school but umma got sick and mama already went to work so Chaeyoung went to the park because no one could drive Chaeyoung there," she said, to which Jeonghan was kind of surprised as to how she truthfully told about how she had two mothers in such a conservative country. She looks up to Jeonghan with a smile, "Does unnie know the story about the Guardians of Pandora's Box?"

Never before has Jeonghan ever heard about such a story in his life. Slowly, he says, "No... I know about Pandora's Box but not the guardians... do you mind telling me?"

"It's a story that umma told Chaeyoung about- she said it's part two to the story of Pandora's Box," Chaeyoung looks to the sketchbook and point to five characters with varying colors, respectively saying, "The guardians are Venus, Mars, Minerva, Vulcan, Mercury and Saturn but umma said that they liked to be called other names though.

"And what are those?"

"Chaeyoung doesn't remember," she grinned, making Jeonghan feel a slight tug at the corner of his lips at the sight. She goes back to her drawing, "Umma said that Venus loves Mars and Mars loved Venus but Minerva also loves Venus but Minerva never told Venus."

Well doesn't that sound familiar... Jeonghan quickly pushed that thought away and asked, "Oh? And why's that?"

"Minerva though that Venus and Mars were happy together so he kept his mouth shut."

"Her."

Chaeyoung innocently blinked at Jeonghan.

"Minerva's a girl," Jeonghan added only because he thought that the little girl should be more correct history-wise; however, she shook her head slowly, "Chaeyoung thought that too, but umma said that Minerva was a boy- oh, now Chaeyoung remembers! Minerva liked to be called Minhyun!"

"'Minhyu-'?"

"Jeonghan!"