final step: add powered sugar to taste

and dust with powdered sugar to taste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

---

Jongdae is a good kitty, always has been.

Jongdae knows that because Kyungsoo tells him everyday, and he basks in the praise and affection.


Kyungsoo is the best owner, the bestest owner.

Kyungsoo knows that because Jongdae tells him everyday, every morning, every afternoon, evening and night.


Kyungsoo and Jongdae know that they are the perfect matches for each other.

They know because when Kyungsoo comes home tired and a little grumpy from work, he knows that Jongdae will always be there to greet him with a calm and content kittenish smile and a happy ‘welcome home Kyungsoo’ and always an affectionate nuzzle under his chin.


Jongdae is still a young kitty, and he's been through things Kyungsoo wishes he could erase from Jongdae’s memories, but they learn and grow together.

Kyungsoo is older than Jongdae and there's so much he wants teach him, but he still has a young heart that wishes, hopes, his baking will someday change the world.

 

 

On Kyungsoo’s rare days off from the bakery or long weekends, he still likes to bake extravagant desserts and delicious meals at home. 

Jongdae is very fortunate when it happens.


“Jongdae, what did we say about being on the counter while I'm cooking?”

“Not to do it when you're cooking,” Jongdae answered, his tail flicking over his spine as he laid sprawled out on the kitchen island.

“Okay then why are you still on--”

The kitty hybrid smiled mischievously, lips curling and all. “Well, you said not to be on the counter when there are guests over, becaus--”

“Okay! Alright, no need to bring up the past Jongdae,” Kyungsoo chuckled nervously, still embarrassed with what happened a few weeks prior.

Long story short, Kyungsoo had invited their friends over for dinner, when Jongdae had slyly sashayed his way into the kitchen while he was cooking and demanded to be pet and draped himself on the counter and teasing him with an enticing strip of soft pale skin. Eventually leading a Kyungsoo being distracted and the food overcooking and burning, which prompted his friends to for the next few days.

Whipped they called him.

They were probably right. Damn you Byun Baekhyun, damn you.

 

“So breakfast?” Jongdae asked, wrapping his arms around his owner's waist and nuzzled his face between strong shoulders.

Kyungsoo smiled.

Yup, definitely whipped.

 

 

After breakfast the two make their way to work, or well Kyungsoo’s work.

Kyungsoo is the baker at Kitty Chat --owned by his friends and coworkers Yifan and Minseok--, a quiet but well known cafe in the area pointed more to owners looking for a safe place to bring their hybrids to just relax, socialize and play.

Jongdae doesn't necessarily work there, seeing as hybrids aren't yet allowed to work legally, but he does help out and earns little tips he and everyone else likes to call his allowance. It's not exactly illegal for him and other hybrids to work like this, but without proper paperwork and documents it'll be difficult to defend themselves if anything ever arises.

Jongdae, Yifan’s kitty and puppy; Zitao and Chanyeol, and Minseok’s kitty; Sehun, are the ones that serve, and entertain the customers. 

Jongdae likes playing with the little hybrids that's occasionally stop by.

But besides taking orders and playing with the little hybrids, Jongdae loves spending time in the kitchen the most, watching Kyungsoo bake and tasting new recipes and new flavors.

 


This time however, even as the hour hand of the clock reaches six o'clock and the shop is beginning to close up, Kyungsoo is still running around his kitchen, constantly stirring or tasting things almost 3 times with every round he did.

Jongdae saunters up to him with a careful swish of his tail, lip curling and eyes curving into crescents.

“Not right now Jongdae, I'm incredibly busy right now,” Kyungsoo mumbled absentmindedly, giving Jongdae a quick kiss to his cheek before moving away to check the convection oven where a variety of cookies were baking.

“But I want to cuddle! Give me attention!” the hybrid whined, throwing his arms in the air. “Just for a little bit? Please?”

Kyungsoo turned from the big mixer, where raspberry buttercream was whirring away at medium speed. “No Jongdae, this is an important client and I need  everything be perfect because they should only receive perfection.”


Jongdae pursed his lips, brows furrowing with dissatisfaction.

“More important than me?” he pouted. Of course he knew that these clients weren't more important than him, Kyungsoo just had his people pleaser switch on.

Jongdae smiled internally as he watched Kyungsoo drop what he had in his hands and immediately stomped his way to Jongdae.

“No, never Jongdae.” the baker’s hands--still stained with berry juices and flour-- came up to catch Jongdae’s face. “You know you will always be my number o--”

“One. Yes Kyungsoo, I will always be your number one. I was just messing with you,” Jongdae purred gently, giving Kyungsoo a reassuring kiss to his cheek. “But really, who's got your feathers so ruffled that you can't even take a break?” he asked, wrapping his tail around Kyungsoo’s wrist.


Kyungsoo gave him an exasperated smile before releasing an exasperated sigh. “Remember when I told you Baekhyun and Yixing were getting married?” he gently ran his fingers over Jongdae’s ears as the other nodded. “Well, they needed a caterer, someone to make the sweets and cakes for the wedding, and you know I could never let them hire someone else. They love my cakes!” Kyungsoo exclaimed, aggressively smearing flour over Jongdae’s cheeks, “So of course I volunteered, but in my enthusiasm I totally forgot how much of a spontaneous gluten Baekhyun and Yixing are for sugar.”

Jongdae laughs at that, Kyungsoo is definitely not wrong.


“What’d they ask for?” Jongdae asked, still attached to Kyungsoo as he shuffled his way to the ovens where the chewy chocolate chip cookies and perfectly browned and ready to be taken out of the oven.

“Everything!” he wailed, pulling out sheets of cookies, “Brownies, cookies, cheesecake, cupcakes, cakepops, candy, their own wedding cake, and baklava! I didn't even know they knew what baklava was!” he put down the cookie sheets and grabbed Jongdae by the shoulders, “And they want more.” he growled, shaking Jongdae’s shoulders.

Jongdae laughed happily, grabbing Kyungsoo’s elbows to make him stop. “So why are you working yourself up? It's just family and close friends, and a week and a half from now; no need to stress yourself out.”

Kyungsoo sighed, slumping against Jongdae with a little pout.

“But I need to get everything perfectly right, they're our friends Dae.” he whined.


Jongdae cooed at him, his ears flicking cutely and his tail brushing against Kyungsoo’s leg, tickling his ankles. “They're our friends, they'll love it no matter what.”

Kyungsoo and Jongdae stood in the middle just enjoying each other's company surrounded by the sweet smell of baked goods.

 

Ten minutes after eight, Kris poked his head in through the kitchen doors.

“Oh? You guys still here?” he asked, stepping in with a dirty rag clutched in hand.


Kyungsoo looked up from where he had been decorating cupcakes that would be sold the next day.

“Huh? Oh yeah, we were just getting a head start for tomorrow.” Kyungsoo hummed, moving slowly as to not disturb Jongdae who was quietly draped over his back, quietly dozing off.

Kris gave him a gummy smile, “You both should go home, today was busy; get some rest.” he ordered lightly, moving to gently run a hand through Jongdae’s hair, over his ears and down his back, getting a sleepy ‘mrr?’ in reply. Tail and bottom popping out in an automatic reaction, his eyes still barely opened.

Kyungsoo gave him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter