Final~

Pain In A Happy Place

~Finale~


~WARNING: CHARACTER DEATH AHEAD~


Kim Mingyu had always loved seeing the moon shine bright, spread across the Han River like an eagle's wings. Tonight was different as dark cloud swallowed the moon and sky and instead it rained down harder than Mingyu had ever thought was possible.

 

He was a nice and gleeful man, with tall legs and shiny black hair. His friends saw him as a goofball, but he was a good guy. Once, he had even rescued an injured squirrel that had gotten stuck in a fence. That's the sort of man he was.

 

Mingyu looked out of the window of his car and reflected on his once cheerful surroundings. The rain hammering down on the pavement like hail.
 

Then he saw something in the distance, or rather someone, walking towards his car. It was the figure of Jeon Wonwoo. He was a trust worthy, quiet guy with white legs and dark eyes. He was also Mingyu's boyfriend of three years.

 

Mingyu swallowed the saliva gathering in his throat and gulped. He was not prepared for Wonwoo. Sure he had called him to the park, but he wasn't sure if what he was about to do was the right thing.

 

As Mingyu stepped outside and Wonwoo came closer, he could see the unnatural glint in his boyfriends eyes.

 

Wonwoo gazed with unsure affection and feeling.

 

“Why did you call me here late at night?” Wonwoo asked, shivering because of the rain.

 

Mingyu looked back at his car, even more unsure of what he was about to do.

 

"Wonwoo, we can't continue like this," he replied, looking directly at him, silently hoping Wonwoo would understand.

 

They looked at each other with hurt feelings, like a married couple who had caught one another cheating.

 

“What do you mean Mingyu?” Wonwoo asked, tears already forming in his eyes.

 

Mingyu studied Wonwoo's face and every feature about the boy he loved. Eventually, he took a deep breath. "I'm sorry," he began in apologetic tones, "but I don't feel the same way anymore. I don't love you anymore Wonwoo."

 

Wonwoo looked shattered, his emotions raw and true on his face.

 

Mingyu could actually hear his heart shatter into a million pieces at the look Wonwoo was giving him.

 

“How much pain do you think you can cause me tonight Mingyu?” a saddened Wonwoo asked, glancing up at the moon.

 

“I never wanted to Wonwoo, but this has to end tonight...I'm sorry.” Mingyu said, turning and walking away from his now ex-boyfriend.

 

“Why won't you tell me the truth?” Wonwoo asked, his voice heard but left unanswered.

 

'Because I don't want you to miss me when I'm gone.' Mingyu though, getting into his car and driving away.

 

Three months later Mingyu passed away due to complications of a heart defect that couldn't be repaired. The broken Wonwoo never showed up to the funeral to say goodbye to his first and last true love.


I'm sure I just broke my own heart...I'm sorry guys T~T