Shining Stars

Stars

                                                  

 

            Sitting in the balcony, under the clear night sky, two best friends were chit-chatting about various things. They share every detail about their life with each other, except one thing. Both of them liked each other more than a friend but both never spilled a word about that. They were both graduating very soon so, they were talking about their future plans. L was planning to take over his father’s company and be the next CEO. But, Sungyeol had no definite plans.

            Pointing a finger at the sky high above, L said, “Yeol! Look the stars form the shape “L”! Wow!! I’m up in the sky!”

            Yeol too looked at the sight fascinatingly. “Indeed L, you shine so brightly up there.”

 

 

L’s POV:

I saw the stars forming my initial so, I felt extreme happy. But when I looked down to Yeol, he had sad eyes. I didn’t know why his mood was suddenly down. I tried to cheer him up & said, “Yeol! Let’s find “Y”. But he said he was feeling cold and wanted to go in.

 

Yeol’s POV:

L was happy to see stars forming “L” in the sky. It made me feel like “Wow! He is really a star. He is shining really bright up in the sky but I’m a rock lying down on the Earth.” I really wanted to cherish the sight of L when he was showing his innocent smile but I was feeling like a loser inside, that I just asked him to go in.

 

 

 

            Everything was going normal until one day Yeol disappeared without a word. L was so shocked while reading letter that Yeol left for him.

Yeol’s letter:

I’m so sorry to leave suddenly. But I promise to be back again after being able to shine brightly like you. I love you, L and I want to be someone who will not fade away the glory you illustrate. Will you wait for me till then?

 

Yours always loving,

Yeol

Saranghae

 

 

L couldn’t stop his tears from falling.

 

 

L’s POV:

Stupid Yeol, I didn’t show you those star so that you would run away from me. For me, you are always the brightest star in the entire universe. But I’m happy that my love was not one-sided. I’ll wait for you till the stars exist.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 5 yrs.

L was at his office going through some files when his Secretary announced that a friend of his has come to see him. Upon asking his name, L jumped out of his room and there he was as beautiful as always, love of his life, Yeol. He rushed to him in a speed of light and hugged him like there is no tomorrow.

            “Yeol, I missed you so much”.

            “Me too!”

 

 

At L’s house:

            “I thought that you have moved on. After all, you are handsome, successful and heart of many girls. Were you really waiting for me?” Yeol asked nervously.

            With full smile decorating his face, L said, “Phabo! You were the one who asked me to wait for you. And after knowing that you also felt the same way as me, do you think I’ll be able to move on? But, I always wanted to know something. What sparked on you when I showed you those stars?”

            With deep sigh, Yeol replied, “I felt useless. You shine so bright in person & in sky as well. I’m nothing compared to you. So, I left for America and worked hard for 5 years to be able to stand next to you. Now I have owned some name, fame and money after all the hardships. First few months were difficult but then I got lucky and was chosen as a model for a famous magazine, I walked in different fashion shows and earned a lot. I recently bought a magazine publication house in Korea. When I thought I was able to have some light upon myself, I decided to come meet you.”

            “Really you thought like that? You abandoned me to be able to be with me? Come here, you phabo! I want to show you something.

 

                               

           

 

We both have always been the stars! We shine brightly when we are together.”

 

 

All the loneliness and the suffering they went through during the past years was nothing in comparison to the joy they were feeling then. 

 

The whole night was spent talking about all the things they missed like in those old days.
“Were you angry with me when I left you suddenly?” Yeol asked.

“Angry…hmm…I don’t think so. I was sad that you left me but I had the hope that I would meet you soon. Each day I waited for you, never once I thought that you would move on or you would leave me, I always believed in you. There were days when I missed you so bad and sometimes I thought if only you told me about your plans, I could have helped you.” L confessed.

“I knew that you would help me if I told you but I wanted do something on my own. You can help me to get into any job I liked by the power you have but I wanted to conquer something with my own effort. You were working hard to be the CEO of such a huge enterprise but I had no any dreams, no fixed plans. So, it was like an adventure to find out my strength.” Yeol recalled his thoughts then.

 L was staring at Yeol and the sweet voice of his beloved was so addicting, L would never get tired of hearing them.

Yeol moved the handsome boy a little, “L ah, are you even listening?”

“Hm…keep on talking. I have missed to hear this angelic voice for 5 whole years.” L said.

“Back then when I was writing the letter, I was not sure if you too loved me. So, I was hesitating to write my feelings.”

“That sentence was the driving force for these entire years. Knowing that you too loved me made me work hard and keep on waiting until the day you would finally show up.” Myungsoo hurriedly said to emphasize he did the great job letting him know his feelings.

“Saranghae.” Yeol always wanted to say these words facing L.

“Saranghae. Na du.” Myungsoo spoke and kissed Yeol on the lips to show he really meant it.

 

 


 

 

A/N : This is the fic I wrote before I officially started writing fics and posting in AFF. So you can call it a rookie writing and I didn’t want to change it now. Hope you like the one-shot. Please let me know your thoughts through your precious comments. I wrote this story while I was looking at the constellations in the sky, btw, I love watching night sky. The “L” shaped constellation of Aries while “Y” shaped one is of Cancer, they are real. But from my place I only see “M” shaped constellation.

 

I would like to thank a lot to all those who subscribed, commented and showed interest in the fic. I was in hiatus for some time so, could not upload it sooner. But I would sincerely like to thank all who supported me //90 degree bow Infinite way//