One

I Remember You (Dream Escape)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanbin's POV

I look at the city lights twinkling and blinking across the skyline. They're beautiful to the point that it somehow lightened up my dull night.

It made me smile. Those lights are like her who brought colors to me. She warmed my cold heart just like how flowers bloom when the spring comes.

Ugh why am I saying these things right now? Tss.

I started to walk and sat on one of the benches as I put my hands inside my pocket and felt the cold breeze of the summer air.

When is she coming? Its already 11 PM but she's still nowhere.

Did she leave?

Already?

"Kim Hanbin!"

A smile automatically appeared across my face as I heard that beautiful husky voice. That voice that makes me warm and comfortable.

I excitedly looked at her direction and a girl with her PJs is running towards me. This dork looks so smol with that outfit as always.

"You're late." I said as soon as she stopped in front of me.

Well not really late, maybe a few minutes, but she's still late.

"Don't you know how bored am I the whole day?" I told her again but she just smiled and pinched my cheeks.

Childish, yes. But she's the only one I could talk to like this. Free of judging and somehow we both served each other as a diary. 

"You are so cute." She said as she pinched my cheeks again and sat beside me.

When did we start meeting like this? Maybe months ago? I couldn't remember anymore but the important thing is I was able to meet this girl. This girl who taught me how wonderful it is to be happy and to live.

I looked at her side profile. Her eyes, nose and lips.

Perfect.

Beautiful. 

"Hanbin, he still couldn't recognize me." I was brought back to my senses when she started talking while looking at the starless dark sky.

She's talking about her ex-boyfriend.

Again.

She must really loved him. Ah, I mean she really still loves him.

"I must be crazy. I shouldn't be wishing for it because we couldn't be back together again but you know, I'm still hurting." She ranted as tears glistened in her eyes.

Seeing you like this hurts me more.

Who would hurt you like this?

I showed her my cheeky smile and looked at the sky together with her. "He's so lucky to have a girl like you."

I envy him. Too much.

He's got someone like Hayi but he chose to hurt her. What a jerk. 

Can I just be the man who will make her happy again? Can I just replace him in her heart?

I saw her looking at me with a knotted forehead as I turned to face her.

"Ah right! You haven't talked about your life since we met." She suddenly said as she pouted her soft lips.

Damn so cute.

And seducing, . Get back to your senses Hanbin.

"Mind telling me your past love stories?" She giggled as she looked at me excitedly.

I smiled cautiously and shook my head. "No."

"Tssssss. That's unfair. How could you?" She hissed as she stood up and tried to walk away from me.

"Okay okay. Just stay here a little longer." I immediately said and faster than the speed of light, she sat back beside me with her puppy eyes.

I shifted my gaze to the sky. I let out a heavy sigh and reminisced the day when I first got my heart broken.

"I was on my first year as a high school student when I met them." I paused and looked at her thinking twice whether I should continue or just stop. "You're really into it, huh?" I said as I tried to ease my nervous inner being before spilling my own failed love story.

She rolled her eyes. "Just continue your story please. I'm gonna listen attentively so please go on."

I nodded unsurely and looked back at the sky asking for a lil help from nowhere. "They were bestfriends. But I just ruined them." I finally started after

"How? Why?" Hayi asked with her serious voice.

"I was a transferee then. Jennie Kim, she's the girl who approached me and made me comfortable with the new school. She's very friendly. She even introduced me to her bestfriend, Lalice."

"Okay? I think I know where you're going." She stopped me. "You're that typical hot transferee that every girl wanted and you freaking ruined the friendship of these two girls. Tell me, which one was the lucky girl?"

I rested my head on the backboard of the bench and closed my eyes. "Lalice. We dated."

I heard her gasp. "Woah. And the Jennie girl actually liked you?"

I nodded in response.

"That was a sad story for her." She said with a soft voice. I opened my eyes and stared at her.

"It was sad for me too. I felt guilty of everything."

She looked at me with sharp eyes. "Did you regret dating Lalice?"

Boom.

I did not expect that question at all.

Did I?

I stood up and looked at her. "Can we just talk about now? Talking about my past was pretty awkward. And besides I think I like someone else."

She creased her forehead. "Do I know her?"

I just shrugged and walked a few steps.

I felt her running towards me. "Ya! How could you leave me there?! You're unbelievable." She snorted as she stopped beside me panting.

I patted her head and pinched her cheeks. "Short legs are really disadvantageous, huh?" I said as I stopped my laugh but I failed.

She gritted her teeth. "Ya Kim Hanbin! You're so mean!" She shouted as she hit me everywhere.

"That hurts!" I screamed out of pain as I ran away from her but she just chased me in return.

---

I couldn't stop myself from grinning as I remembered the things we did last night. That was so happy.

I could still picture her beautiful face while laughing with me. She's beautiful.

I stretched out my arms and ran to the bench I always sat to wait for Hayi. She must be here soon.

I closed my eyes for a couple of minutes as I listen to the crickets that filled the silence of this place. It's soothing.

I'm actually afraid of silence. That's why any noise would be really helpful for me. Just like tonight, the crickets.

I started to sing, rap and dance for few more minutes. But I just tired myself. Stupid. I sat back on the bench and looked around but there's no sign of her. Maybe something just went up.

I looked at my watch and realized that it's already past midnigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter