Update (Unfortunately) and Question

Whistle, Whistle, Whistle

I hate not having a chapter to make this disappointing update a little better, but I will give you guys a snippet of the chapter I have been working on.

That leads me to the point of this update.

The issue I've been having is that I've already veered very off course of this story's original purpose. "Whistle, Whistle, Whistle" is supposed to be very lighthearted and fluffy. It's not really supposed to have a main plotline: it's just a story following WooYa and MyungYeol through the summer, with a side of DongGyu and SungjongxOC.

The chapter I hinted at last chapter (and above), "Freak Accident," is very different. It's a lot more serious. Two people get pretty injured (one gets hospitalized briefly), and there's none of the lighthearted tone I started with (save for a few bits of "humor"). This chapter has more plot and character development than the others, and furthers the Woohyun/Hoya/Chae Seon relationship.

Recently, I started my job as a summer lifeguard again, and I've come up with another premise for a different chapter, that would return the story to its lighthearted tone again. However, I haven't even started that one yet, I've just planned it out.

Would you guys be okay with me publishing "Freak Accident?" It's not strictly necessary, so it's okay if it's taken out. If you really want it, I can publish the first part (I have ~1200 words already) and then publish the other part as soon as I can conclude it properly.

The other option is to wait for me to write "Swim Lessons," the chapter I've planned out, but definitely keep the lighthearted tone, and not have some weird chapter that's not like all the rest. "Swim Lessons" will definitely happen, it's just that "Freak Accident" won't have happened at all.

Here's the intro to "Freak Accident," to give you a better idea of how different it is:


Okay, Woohyun, you can do this, Woohyun thought to himself as he stood in front of the door. Just put your hand on the door and knock.

He’d never been this nervous. Then again, he’d never done this before. This was nerve wracking, having to walk up to this person’s door. Before, he’d only known this person in the context of their own work. It was like living in a bubble: their work lives never intersected with their personal lives. Being here felt wrong, like Woohyun had broken a rule. He hadn’t expected he’d be doing this. This felt too wrong, too real. Summer was supposed to be carefree, with no trace of reality. This was too much. Woohyun knew, however, that he had to do this. Reality had hit and broken their bubble a couple days ago, and he knew he had fix it.

Taking a deep breath, he reached out, and rapped his knuckles at the door.

After several hours, or a few short moments, the door creaked open.

He gasped. He hadn’t expected this. The person in front of him was usually so strong, so independent, so brave. The person in front of him now was broken, weak, and vulnerable.

“Woohyun-”