Chapter 3

Daddy's Little Girl

The next morning, Youngjae was startled awake, yet again, by another noise. This time, it was the shrieking of his little girl.

"(Y/n)?! What's wrong?!" he had questioned frantically when he reached the living room, his heart racing rapidly since he sprinted there.

"Daddy, look! Uncle Jackson is here!!" He sighed in relief when he realized that his lovely daughter wasn't in any danger and was happily being carried by an equally excited Jackson. The blond man was squeezing her cheeks and saying, "You've grown so much!"

"These people really love to give me heart problems..." Youngjae's hand was on his heart, which was doing its best to slow down.

"Morning." A deep, husky, and a little y (scratch that: very y) voice made the poor brunette jump and his heart began to race tenfold. Maybe it was the fact that the person just scared him again, or maybe it was who it was.

"Mark hyung, good morning," he managed to reply. The latter sent him a lazy smile and walked past him.

"Uncle Jackson. Who's that?" (Y/n) had gone from being carried to being given a horse back ride. The horse looked up at her after being called, then he looked at Mark, who was grabbing some water.

"That's your Uncle Mark. He's from America and is going to live in the same apartment complex as you and your dad." When he noticed that he was the center of attention, Mark waved to the little girl. She shyly hid her face in Jackson's blond locks, but not before muttering a quiet "hi".

"She's so cute," Mark began as he walked into the living room, "Is she your little sister?"

The one question made Jackson burst into incredulous laughter and Youngjae to blush but still emit a few nervous chuckles.

"What?" Mark's confused face made seemed to make even funnier to the two adults, making him frown.

"(Y/n)'s Youngjae's daughter," Jackson explained after he was finished cackling.

"Oh," was all Mark replied with, and Youngjae noticed how his face fell when he met eyes with him, almost as if he lost hope.

"I didn't realize you were married."

"I'm not married!" The younger was quick to deny. "But she really is my daughter."

"Oh... So you have a girlfriend then?" Now, Mark wasn't one to pry, and he definitely wasn't the type to directly ask someone their relationship status, but he just really wanted to know whether the attractive male he had met only last night was already claimed by someone else or not. He hopes not.

"Divorced actually." Though the questions were some that Youngjae would've thought were a little too personal, he found himself answering to them anyway.

He wasn't even phased that he had been married before. He was just glad that Youngjae was single now at this moment in time, and the way his eyes seemed to light up the slightest was enough to prove that point. But, another thought struck Mark that troubled him quite a bit.

'Is Youngjae even gay?'

He hadn't considered the younger's uality until now. The fact that he had a daughter and was previously married led him to believe that Youngjae was probably straight, and that dropped his mood.

"Daddy, it's 7: 30."

Youngjae did a double take at the clock and let out a mumbled "fudge" before stating that (Y/n) had to go and get ready for school. She pouted but decided that it was best to listen to him and change into her school uniform.

When the parent-daughter duo left, Jackson plopped down next to a still-sulking Mark. He wrapped a muscular arm around the male's shoulders and gave him a look.

"What?" Mark questioned. The man next to him was busy wiggling his eyebrows at him, and he didn't know why.

"So, Youngjae, huh?"

At the sound of his name being said, Mark groaned and covered his face with both of his hands. He hadn't thought that he was that obvious. Okay, maybe just a little.

"Oh man! Markiepoo has a little crush~," Jackson began to taunt, making his face and the tips of his ears begin to heat up.

"Stop it, Jackson. Even if I do like him, it's not like he's going to like me back anyway." Mark had dropped his hands to his lap and averted his eyes away from his friend's eyes. Instead, they were fixated on a picture frame that held a photo of Youngjae, (Y/n), and a man he hadn't seen before.

His eyes left the picture frame when an excited, not to mention, girly squeal came out of Jackson. "You just admitted that you like him!" He began to have exaggerated spasms right next to Mark, something that seemed so normal to them after knowing each other for a while.

"I already told you. Even if I like him, he won't reciprocate my feelings."

"What? Why not?" Jackson had stopped his spasms and was now looking at his friend with a dumbstruck look on his face, eyebrows furrowed.

"Because he probably doesn't even like guys," Mark said with exasperation in his voice. "He has a daughter and was already married, so unless men can now give birth to babies, the only thing I can say is that he married a lucky girl, had a beautiful baby girl, and got divorced because things didn't work out."

Mark's explanation had left him out of breath, and Jackson was just looking at him as if the brunette had just thoroughly lectured him about Einstein's theory of relativity and the concept of waves and genetics combined.

After letting what he had said sink, Jackson's eyes began to widen as he had an "Aha!" moment.

"Ohh! That's what you're worried about?" He began to laugh. "I've known Youngjae for years, and I can proudly say that he is, in fact, absolutely not strai-" The ringing of the doorbell cut off the male's sentence, leaving Mark in anticipation of what he was going say.

"Jackson! Can you get that, please?" Youngjae called from one of the rooms.

"Sure!"

Mark was left sitting alone on the couch while he waited for Jackson to come back. From his spot, he could hear the boisterous laughter from his friend as he greeted the person at the door. They seemed to be having a casual conversation with each other, so Mark deduced that it was an old friend.

"Mark hyung," Jackson called as he came back, a brunette man in tow.

"This is Jaebum hyung.  Jaebum hyung, this is Mark hyung." The two men stood in front of the other and bowed while exchanging greetings.

"You should've told me you were coming back to Korea."

"It was a surprise." While the two friends conversed, Mark indulged himself in his phone, seeing as he didn't have anything else to do.

"Did Youngjae make breakfast yet?" When the other guys shook their heads for "no", Jaebum got up and headed towards the kitchen.

"Was that Jaebum hyung?" Youngjae's face peered from around the corner, followed by (Y/n)'s smaller form next to him.

"In the kitchen!"

Youngjae's eyebrows furrowed, and he whispered, "But it's still early."

"I made scrambled eggs, and there's toast in the toaster, enough for everyone."

Everyone had gathered around the table and began to eat the simple breakfast made by Jaebum. When (Y/n) had finished her breakfast, he told her to grab her stuff so that they could get going.

"But Daddy, it's still early," the little girl whined, her small pointer finger pointing at the round clock, which read 7:45.

At the sound of (Y/n) calling Jaebum "daddy", Mark's ears perked.

"That's true, hyung. What's the rush?" Youngjae questioned.

"N-Nothing. There's nothing wrong with being a little early."

"Oho~ Did Mr. Chic and Cool just stutter?" Jackson leaned in towards his face, a mischievous grin forming.

"No!" He defended, a little too quick actually. "(Y/n), let's go."

"Okay..." She grabbed her backpack and went to go give Youngjae a kiss on the cheek and the remaining uncles a hug. Then, she was gone.

The table was left with all three men helping to clean up in silence. Jackson was clearing the table, while Mark and Youngjae worked on washing and drying the dishes.

"Youngjae," Mark called after some debating in his mind. When the younger hummed, the latter struggled to find the words to ask what was on his mind.

"Um... (Y/n) called Jaebum "daddy", so is he..." Mark didn't know how to continue.

"Oh! I didn't tell you, did I?" Youngjae asked as he finished drying the last plate. Mark simply shook his head.

"Well," he began, becoming a little flustered in the process, "Jaebum and I used to be married, and we decided to adopt (Y/n) when we were in college."

Though it was only a sliver of information, it still struck the older of the two hard. Even though it was a dumb question to ask, Mark still went for it. "You mean you didn't marry a woman?"

He was actually glad he had asked such a dumb question, because the younger's laughter that resonated throughout the apartment after that had made Mark's heart flutter. In the background, he could even hear Jackson laughing.

"I wouldn't exactly marry someone of the I'm not attracted to," Youngjae chuckled. "Though, there could be exceptions, now that I think about it."

"Wait, so you're into guys?"

Jackson, who had been listening in on the conversation, finally couldn't handle Mark's stupidity anymore and decided to chime in. "Oh my Jesus! Yes, Mark! Youngjae is gay as . He has never been attracted to anyone of the opposite , from what he told me."

Youngjae rolled his eyes at his outburst and continued cleaning the kitchen. He also prompted Jackson to do the same. Because they were so busy, neither of them noticed an overly happy Mark silently cheering and doing a victory dance. Well, maybe they did see the oldest's funky dance moves.

"When you're done with... whatever it is you're doing, we'll be in the living room."

Jackson and Youngjae both left with giggles that they didn't try to hide, leaving Mark to bang his head on the table for being caught.