Chapter 1

Daddy's Little Girl

2 years later

"Daddy."

Youngjae's sleeping form didn't even budge as a little girl with a (h/c) mop of hair roughly shook his arm.

"Daddy, wake up!" The girl had shouted this time, but with no avail as the adult male under the white duvet still didn't look to be waking up anytime soon.

"I'm going to be late for my first day of school!"

Silence.

She slumped her shoulders in defeat and sat crisscrossed on the floor. As she  was thinking of new ways to wake up her sleeping father, a doorbell sounded throughout the apartment.

The (h/c) exited the room and went to go see who was visiting their residence at such an early hour. Because she was too short to look through the peephole, she pulled up a chair she managed to drag with her from the kitchen. When she saw who was standing out there door, she let out a soft squeal and threw the door open.

"Daddy! You're here!"

Who was at the door, you ask? Well, it's none other than I'm Jaebum, or JB for short.

"Hey, princess." He picked her up and hugged her tight.

"Where's your dad?" JB asked as he scanned the room for the younger male. Judging by his daughter not being dressed for school yet and the low growl that had come from her stomach, he could already guess that Youngjae wasn't even up yet.

"I tried to wake him up, but he wouldn't," she said, a cute pout forming on her face. JB inwardly squealed at the sight of her adorableness, something that he would never admit to anyone.

"Ok (Y/n). Why don't you go change into your uniform, while I make you breakfast."

"Okay!" JB set the little girl down again, and she quickly went to go change.

He went into the kitchen and glanced at the wall clock to see how much time he had, only to have his eyes pop out of their sockets when he realized they only had 10 minutes before school started. JB started to panic. (Y/n)'s school was a 5 minute drive from here, meaning they only had 5 minutes left before they had to leave.

"Looks like it's gonna have to be toast for breakfast," JB said to himself. He popped in a couple pieces of bread and went to go check up on (Y/n).

"Daddy! Daddy won't let me go!"

JB rushed into Youngjae's room, only for his eyes to narrow at his ex-lover hugging the little girl in his sleep. She was obviously trying to break free, but his strength overpowered hers. He strode up to the duo and attempted to pry the man's arms off. He punched the man's chest when he heard him giggle, indicating that he wasn't asleep at all.

"Yah! Youngjae!"

Knowing he was already figured out, he opened his eyes and released the little girl.

"Good morning~"

"No. No it is not a good morning. Because of you, we lost some time, and now we only have--" He took one glance at the electronic alarm clock on the bedside table and immediately fled the room.

"(Y/n), get your stuff! We're gonna be late!" Obeying her dad's words, she scurried out of the room to get ready.

"Late? Late for what..." Youngjae let the thought sink before finally remembered what day it was.

"Oh my god, my little girl's first day of first grade is today!!" He jumped out of bed, possibly falling along the way, and ran to the kitchen with his phone in his hand.

"We have to take a picture together!" JB already had his keys in his hand and was about to leave, until he was pulled back by the younger male.

"Youngjae, (Y/n)'s going to be late if you don't let go." He knows he shouldn't have, but he looked down and into Youngjae's brown eyes, and he felt his resolve falter. Despite not having any romantic feelings towards him, he still couldn't resist his puppy dog eyes. No one could. So, with a long sigh, he finally agreed.

"Only one, though."

After grabbing their daughter, the three of them stood close together to take a selfie.

"This is a nice picture."

JB looked over his shoulder and scrunched up his face in displeasure.

"I blinked. Let's take another one."

"It's not like anyone will notice."

"Yah!" The younger groaned in pain when his arm was slapped.

"Ow... I thought you said only one, because you guys are going to be late?"

"We wouldn't be late if you would've woken up and got her ready. We agreed, after (Y/n) was late to class every single day last year when you dropped her off, that you would at least get her ready, I would drop her off, and you would pick her up." He was breathing hard after his mini speech.

"Careful, gramps, you might overexert yourself."

"Choi Youngjae, I'm gonna--"

"Daddy, it's 8:30." The little girl's voice interrupted JB's last thought.

"8:30? Dude, you guys aren't even late. Her class starts at 9:15."

JB looked at Youngjae as if he just insulted his mom. "Are you serious? Her school starts at 8:15, not 9:15!!"

"..."

"Whoops...?"

Without another word, JB picked up (Y/n) and sprinted out the door. But of course, not without the little girl kissing her daddy's cheek.

"Bye (Y/n), love you! Bye hyung, used to love you!"

When the duo finally left, Youngjae decided to have some breakfast and go back to sleep. He tried to, until he got a call from one of his best friends.

"Jackson?" Youngjae was surprised that he had called him out of nowhere. The male had gone to America for some fencing training about 6 months ago. Surely, the pay rate for the call would be high.

"Youngjae!!" Said male had to pull his ear away from the phone as to not lose his hearing in his right ear.

"Guess what!"

"Huh?"

"Guess what I'm about to tell you."

"You're finally coming back to Korea?" Although Youngjae was only joking, he spit out the milk he had been drinking when Jackson had questioned how he knew.

"Wait, really?!"

"That's right. Your amazing, perfect, athletic, good-looking best friend is coming home." Youngjae scoffed at the unnecessary adjectives.

"When?"

"Open your door."

At the speed of light, Youngjae ran for the door and threw it open, only to be met with nothing. He unconsciously pouted and flinched when he heard obnoxious laughter coming from his phone.

"Oh my god! You actually did it!"

"Don't be such an ! I actually thought you were here!"

"Aw, don't be sad that you're not in my presence. I can practically feel your pout through the phone."

"Really, when are you coming home?"

"Hmm... My flight leaves in about an hour, so I'd say some time tomorrow. Like, around 1 in the morning."

"Jackson, let's go!" A different voice cut through in English.

"I'm coming!"

"Who's that?"

"Hm? That was my friend, Mark. I'm bringing him back for you so you can get laid."

"I'm hanging up."

"Wait!! I'm just joking!" He's coming with me to Korea to become an English teacher." Youngjae hummed.

"By the way, there are still apartments available in your building right? He still needs a place to stay."

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are plenty rooms available."

"Great. Look I gotta go. Don't tell (Y/n) that her favorite uncle is coming back. I want to be a surprise."

"Okay."

"See you soon!"

"Bye."

The line went dead and he let out a sigh. Talking to Jackson always tired him out.

"At least I don't start work until next week." With that, he went to his room and fell fast asleep, making sure to set an alarm so that he doesn't forget to pick up (Y/n).

-With JB-

JB had finally arrived at the school and was now standing in front of the classroom door. He was contemplating whether he should beg the teacher to not mark her as late and use the excuse of it only being the first day or not.

' it'

He took (Y/n)'S small hand in his and knocked on the door. He was expecting some old, strict-looking lady to come out, but it was an angel instead. He knew he was staring, but JB didn't care, for the man in front of him was just so handsome.

"I'm guessing you're the Ims?"

'Even his voice is amazing!'

"Hi! I'm Im (Y/n)!" The little girl put on a smile and bowed to greet her teacher.

"Hello, (Y/n). My name is Mr. Park, and I'll be your teacher this year. Why don't you go inside and wait for me; I'd like to have a word with your dad." She nodded and gave her dad a quick hug. When she went in, that's when JB decided to speak up.

"I am so sorry that we're late. We were caught up in traffic and--"

"Say no more, I already know of (Y/n)'s lateness from her previous teacher. She warned me just this morning about it." At those words, JB inwardly groaned. All the times that the girl was late was due to Youngjae, and now the hot teacher probably thought he was a bad parent.

A melodic chuckle broke him from his thoughts. "Don't worry, I'll excuse her for today. Although, I would appreciate it if she were to arrive on time in the future."

"O-Of course."

"Good. Have a great day, Mr. Im," he said before walking back and closing the door.

JB was left in a daze, and the only thing that snapped him out of it was his phone ringing.

"Hyung, where are you? The dance lesson starts soon." It was Yugyeom.

He and Yugyeom co-owned a dance studio, and the first lesson of the day was about to start soon.

"Sorry, I'll be there in a few." He hung up the phone without hearing a response.

"Get it together, Jaebum; don't think about the amazingly handsome teacher right now. You have a class to teach." After that mini self talk, he finally left the school and drove towards the studio.