Ch 1.1: Dark Chocolates

I'm Gonna Punch You

(note: this is set before chap 1 excluding the last part)

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo wakes up to his cellphone alarm playing ‘A Little Night Music’. He jolts up the moment it played. He never turns his alarm off and let it play as he prepares to go to school, it’s his morning ritual. The song make him feel rushing like he’s going to be late but he’s not, it may be stressful to others but for him it’s calming.

While eating pancakes which her mom cooked, his phone vibrated. He took one final bite of the pancake and grimaced at the sweetness of the flat cake.

“Mom, I told you to lessen the honey, it’s too sweet!” he cried out to her mom upstairs who’s probably doing household chores.

He opened his phone.

 

Oh God, Kyungsoo. Where are you? There’s a transferee. I’m dead.

Good morning, too, Baekhyun. U dead? That’s wonderful.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He was half an hour early for class when he saw the unfamiliar face. He ogled at the mysterious boy and scans his face, his eyes zooming in. He grabbed the doorframe and leaned back on it; he needed something to lean on to. The boy is exactly his type.

He made a beeline to his self-assigned seat.

“Good morning, my name’s Park Chanyeol. Nice to meet you.” The boy greeted his voice cheerful and his smile’s so bright that Baekhyun almost lift his hand cover his eyes with the back of his hand.

“Hi. I’m Baekhyun.” He says as he put his bag on his seat, his voice aloof. He didn’t glance at the friendly guy and keep himself busy preparing his notes.

“Not so friendly, are we?”

Baekhyun’s is too immersed typing something on his phone that he didn’t hear the other’s comment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Puh-lease. You could’ve seat somewhere else if you didn’t want to sit next to him.” Kyungsoo scoffs at him.

Baekhyun fake gasped at him. “Kyungsoo, it’s an unspoken rule to sit on the chair you sat on since your first day of school.”

His best friend rolls his eye in to back of his head in irritation. “I’m done with you. Whatever makes you sleep at night.” Kyungsoo shrugs as he goes back to his seat adjacent to Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Their technical writing professor dismissed them early in the afternoon only to left them with an essay. Baekhyun internally groaned at this but his frustration clearly shows on his face. Kyungsoo, on the other hand, swiftly starts writing. He loves writing essay; his ideas pour outs like a river of words as he articulate his opinion on the certain subject of the given essay.

He can hear Baekhyun groan behind him. “Kyungsoo-ah, can I borrow your pen eraser?”

Kyungsoo passed the eraser diagonally behind him without looking back.

“Thanks.” Baekhyun muttered, leaning back a little to give his friend’s back a judging look, his friend is concentrating too much on their seatwork. Chanyeol watched their interaction, Baekhyun’s playful side made him chuckle.

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo finished his essay without a hitch. He smiled at his finished work.

“Here, Kyungsoo. Thanks for the eraser.”

Kyungsoo finally turns around to get his eraser only to grab something else. He accidentally cups a feel of the class representative’s crotch. Oh dear God. Kim Jongin jumps a little at the touch. Kyungsoo tries to cover his blushing face only to quickly put it away realizing he just touched that. He could see Baekhyun putting his fist in his gaping mouth in shock.

 

 

 

 

“I didn’t know you were that aggressive.” Baekhyun whistles.

“Oh God. Oh God, what should I do?” Kyungsoo is acting hysterical, he didn’t even registers Baekhyun’s bad joke.

“Kyungsoo, you’re starting to sound like me.”

They are walking out of the school. The corridor is bustling with students on their way home.

“This is all your fault.” Kyungsoo points at his face. “You and your poor eye-hand coordination.”

“What?” he dismissively laughs at him. “Don’t worry, I think that Jongin guy enjoyed it. Your touch electrified his balls.” He said as he wiggles his eyebrows.

“I can’t believe you just said that.” Kyungsoo looks at him with disgust. “People don’t usually say balls in public.”

“People don’t usually grab somebody’s crotch in public.” Baekhyun crosses his arms over his chest with sass. Kyungsoo can’t think of a retort and let Baekhyun win—only—this time.

“And oh, before I forget. Is it big?” Before Kyungsoo could hit Baekhyun on the face with his solid bag packed with thick books, the latter runs ahead like a track and field club member would.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What’s that cute little guy’s full name?”

Chanyeol knew Sehun and Jongin from middle school so they’re catching up and gathering around Sehun’s desk on the back of the classroom.

“Chanyeol, I can’t believe the first thing you think of after transferring is to flirt.” Sehun grimaced at him.

“Oh, that’s Byun Baekhyun. He may not look like it but he’s the class’ top achiever.”

“Is he usually a snob?”

“Nah, he’s friendly. He lets me copy his notes all the time,” says Sehun who is busy writing a draft for his essay.

“Anyway, I’m going to erase the writings on the board. You guys, should finish your essays.”

The two stands up. Chanyeol went back to his seat next to the cute little guy named Byun Baekhyun. Jongin walks between the two.

Before Jongin knew it, Do Kyungsoo—the odd kid and Baekhyun’s double act partner, is grabbing the eraser Baekhyun is trying to hand to him. He’s already moving forward so he inevitably places himself where Kyungsoo should be grabbing the pen eraser. Jongin jumps stiffly. The touch was electrifying; no one has touched the d before or at least in that way.

Kyungsoo immediately draws his hand to cover his face but pulled it back and gawks at him. Jongin found his reaction cute and endearing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I, also, have been looking for someone like you.”

Kyungsoo can’t process the words he just heard. It’s the first time he heard a sentence with the words phrased like that said to him. Oh, this is a confession. Right?

Right? He questions himself. His heart beats faster and faster like how Für Elise’ tempo sped up a minute into the song.

Seeing as Kyungsoo isn’t responding, Jongin moves closer.

“Uh… I’m the one who’s been giving you gifts. I like yo—”

“So you’re the one who’s been hanging gifts on my locker.” Kyungsoo finally looks at him in the eye, his mouth forming an ‘o’, things clearing up on his maze-like head.

“Yes.” Jongin admits then scratches his nape, a habit when he’s embarrassed.

“I don’t like white chocolates, they’re too sweet.” Kyungsoo states out of nowhere and busies himself doing a knot on the strings of the balloons only to untie them, repeating it again for a few times.

“Oh.” Jongin doesn’t know what to say.

“I like dark chocolates though.” He added.

“O-oh.” The taller guy smiles, his brows furrowing, he’s wondering where this conversation’s going.

“I also like tanned handsome guys like you.” Kyungsoo buries his face in the pink balloons. What was that? Oh my gosh.

Kyungsoo has been completely oblivious who’s been leaving gifts hanging at his locker’s lock. The gifts contains small notes with messages like ‘you’re cute when you’re stupid’ (he crushed the note inside his fist and hit Baekhyun because he can’t contain his feelings—of annoyance and butterflies in the stomach that he’s read somewhere in girls’ magazine before—earning a Why did you do that for! from Baekhyun) and a ‘I think I fall for you more and more each day’ note with a red rose that are a little too sweet for his taste but makes his heart tremble anyway.

“I’m so happy.” Jongin scoops Kyngsoo in his arms. “I thought you’re going to reject me.”

“Meep.”

Jongin looks at him, his brows cocked.

“I mean me too.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun is walking out his cute little white bichon pup, Vivi. They’re walking through the downtown and decided to take a break on the bench in front of a café. He bends down to pat Vivi’s head, his pet leaning to his touch. He then saw something—someone—familiar. Jongin is feeding Kyungsoo with a spoonful of chocolate shortcake; they’re eyes b with honey-like love for each other. Sehun hastily stands up and pulls on Vivi’s leash.

“C’mon, Vivi. Let’s go buy ice cream.” The dog joyfully barks at him.

The duo stumbled across a lovey-dovey couple, Chanyeol and Baekhyun, who’s holding each other’s sticky hands, rubbing to Sehun’s face their closeness.

“Oh hi, Sehun. And hello, to you, too, Vivi.” Baekhyun crouches and rubs the dog’s ears with his left hand, the other hand still intact with Chanyeol’s. Chanyeol nods at his friend. Sehun nods back.

“Baby, let’s go. We’re going to be late, the movie starts at 2.”

The two bid farewell at Sehun and Vivi.

“Don’t ever call me baby again.” He could hear Baekhyun reprimanding Chanyeol as they go on their way. Damn, he’s so whipped.

Sehun watched as the two left.

“Oh, Vivi, you’re the only one I need.” He cooed at the dog and picks him up to hug him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

author's note: i hope u guys enjoyed this extra chap I might add a few more. sehun stay strong /cackles