Painful love

Painful love

Sungmin tensed up as he sees Kyuhyun all dressed up and walking out the door, again. He knew that having a late night schedule at Sukira would make him and Kyuhyun drift further apart, he just didn’t know how much they would.

“Hyung! Let’s go!” Ryeowook chirped as he knocked onto the door. “We are going to be late!”

Sungmin nods, feeling the uncertainty of his relationship with Kyuhyun. He and Kyuhyun had been close ever since Kyuhyun walked into their dorm but now, it seemed like Kyuhyun had found something else that he enjoyed.

Yes, Kyuhyun would still buy wine and drink it with him but their time together was short. Their time would always be after their hectic schedule and most probably they would drink till either of them fell asleep without any words being said. Sungmin hated this, he didn’t sign up for this when he agreed to be Kyuhyun’s boyfriend.

“Hyung?!” Ryeowook asked concernedly.

Sungmin nodded in attempt to answer as a lone tear escaped from his eye. He managed to wipe it away in time, hoping it was all just a dream.

-----

He tries everyday in Sukira. He always talks about Kyuhyun whenever he could and was hoping that one day Kyuhyun would text him during Sukira so that he could show off, telling the whole world that Kyuhyun belonged to him. He was happy, elated that his wish finally came true the very next day.

Kyuhyun had text him, twice. He smiled to his phone as his heart beats faster and faster. The feeling was back, the feeling that was once in him that he hadn’t felt for so long. He loved it and he couldn’t stop smiling like a fool for the rest of the day.

It was all fine with Kyuhyun going out at night until that one day when Shindong had called Kyuhyun during Shimshimtapa. He was out with his Kyuline. Sungmin heart clenched so hard for the first time.

Sungmin knew that Kyuhyun was just trying to form another group like Heechul and had gone out to ‘recruit’ members. Sungmin could only confide in certain people, namely Shindong, Eunhyuk, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun.

One reason or another, Sungmin chose Eunhyuk. How could he not? Sungmin had known Eunhyuk since ages ago and Eunhyuk kind of knew Sungmin inside out.

---------

Sungmin heart clenches so hard for the second time in 3 days. Kyuhyun had came back to the dorm all tipsy and wobbly. He wanted to rush forward to help Kyuhyun to his bed but somehow all those emotion holed up in him stops him from doing so.

So, he sits back and watched Kyuhyun as he stumble into a pajamas and roll into bed.

“Good night Kyu..” He whispered into the cold air, hoping that the next time he opens his eyes, Kyuhyun would be right beside him peppering him with kisses.

Sungmin wakes up the next morning, feeling all cold and feverish. He tugs the blanket higher to cover his body as he shivered from the morning cold. He glanced over to Kyuhyun’s side of the room and sees a peaceful sleeping figure all curled up in the corner. He closes his eyes, hoping that Kyuhyun would just come next to him and radiate his warmth.

“Hyung, You have a fever!” Eunhyuk said worriedly as he placed his hands over Sungmin’s forehead. “You are burning hot! I’ll go get some medicine.” Eunhyuk said as he ran out to the kitchen.

“Where is Kyuhyun?” Sungmin asked when Eunhyuk came back with a bottle of pills. “I don’t know.” Eunhyuk answered before taking 2 pills out from the bottle and handling it over to Sungmin. “You should rest more.” Eunhyuk cooed and laid Sungmin back down.

It was a few more days to Sungmin’s birthday and Sungmin had a very bad cold. He pops another 2 pills into his mouth before gulping it down with mouthfuls of water. “You don’t have to go if you are not feeling well.” One of their managers said. “Eunhyuk could go for you.” He suggested but Sungmin had shook his head.

Sungmin sounded bad on music shows, his voice wasn’t up to par and he felt like a burden to the entire group. Ryeowook and Eunhyuk were constantly there to cheer him up, he was grateful for them but he only wanted one person to do it. Cho Kyuhyun.

-----

His bed sank on one side, he was about to turn when someone’s arm crept around his waist. He smiled as he felt the familiarity of it.

“I’m sorry, Min.” He apologized. “Forgive me?”

Sungmin nods, finally assured that Kyuhyun was by his side again. He falls into deep sleep within the matter of seconds, unlike the other days without Kyuhyun. The warmth that Kyuhyun emits was no joke and Sungmin loved that about Kyuhyun.

“Sungmin Hyung~~” Ryeowook whines as he tried to wake Sungmin up. Ryeowook bounces on the bed and shook Sungmin awake.

“Where is Kyuhyun?” Sungmin asked and Ryeowook frowned. “He didn’t come back last night.” Ryeowook stated and Sungmin immediately wondered about last night. He was sure Kyuhyun was here, holding him and singing him to sleep.

------

It was the last straw, he couldn’t let someone hurt him for so long. He decided that once and for all, he would confront Kyuhyun.

“Had fun with Siwon?” Sungmin asked, much hostility in his voice. “And Minho and Changmin too?”

“Min? What’s wrong?” Kyuhyun had managed to detect the anger in Sungmin’s voice.

Sungmin scoffed. “What’s wrong?!” He exclaimed. “What’s wrong is you! YOU, have been the one leaving me alone. YOU, have been going out with your clan everyday. YOU-!”

Sungmin stopped in his tracks as Kyuhyun walked towards him and placed a hand over his mouth. “Don’t you ing touch me Cho Kyuhyun!” Sungmin yelled, stomping his way over to the sofa.

“Why are you blaming it all on me?!” Kyuhyun yelled back. “You were the one who said we had to keep it a low profile! So, I go out with my friends and you blame me?!” He retorts, but every single word comes back to stab him in the heart making it more painful to say it out loud to Sungmin.

“Fine. It’s all my fault!” Sungmin wailed as he punched his chest in agony. “It’s all my fault!” He shouts as he runs back to his room, locking the door firmly.

Sungmin goes inside and thrashed the room completely, thrashing Kyuhyun stuff together too. He grabs a photo of him and Kyuhyun and tears it into pieces and started venting his anger on the wall. He heard banging on his door but he was too fueled up to give a ing damn about it.

An hour had passed and Sungmin had finally calmed down so has the banging on the door. Sungmin sat still on the floor as he stared at his bloodied hands in despair. He couldn’t cry anymore, he had no more tears for the guy named Cho Kyuhyun. He was done.

“Hyung?” He heard Eunhyuk calling out for him. “Can you open the door?”

A few seconds later, the door creaked open and Eunhyuk immediately flew in and grabbed Sungmin into his arms. “I’m glad you are ok.” Sungmin gave a weak smile after Eunhyuk let him loose to look around the room. “You two should talk.” Eunhyuk said as he let Kyuhyun into the room.

“I’m not talking to him.” Sungmin gritted and tried to push his way through but Kyuhyun had held him tight. Sungmin struggled in Kyuhyun’s grip, pushing and pulling away from the younger male but Kyuhyun had his firm grip on Sungmin and not letting go.

Sungmin became frustrated from all the struggles, both now and then all because of Kyuhyun. He finally let himself drop into Kyuhyun’s arm and started to cry. Kyuhyun held him tighter and started to sob himself.

“I’m sorry Min. I’m so sorry. I didn’t know how much I hurt you and you were suffering so badly and I wasn’t there for you. You were sick and I was out partying, I deserve to die.” He sobbed

“Kyuhyun…” Sungmin cried into Kyuhyun’s arms.

“I’m so sorry. Forgive me. Forgive me who had been the worse boyfriend on this planet. I promise to stay by your side from now on. Screw Kyu-line and everything else because I only need you to live Min.”

Sungmin managed to calm down after awhile. In the midst of all the crying, they had taken a seat near Sungmin’s bed with Kyuhyun seated behind Sungmin as he back hugged the older male. Sungmin’s tears had dried along his cheeks and Kyuhyun’s arms were also stained with dried tears.

“Forgive me?” Kyuhyun asked, sniffling as he placed his chin on Sungmin’s shoulder. He turned slightly to place kisses on Sungmin’s cheek, tasting the saltiness of the tears.

“Only if you promise to keep your promise.” Sungmin turned in the direction of Kyuhyun’s face.

“Mhmm.” Kyuhyun hummed and nodded in response before he moved closer to Sungmin. “I’m really sorry, Min. I will make it up to you, one way or another.”