for better or for worse

Opposites Attract?

Opposites Attract?

- a story by seokminz -

 

| I. for better or for worse |

 

 

Kyungsoo winces a little as his mother swoops in to give him one last, wet kiss as she bids him her final goodbyes before he leaves for his sixth year at Hogwarts.

He thought that his fifth year in Hogwarts was bad, but this year was probably going to be his toughest one yet, he thinks with a mild feeling of dread. Although the actual N.E.W.T exams were still another year away, they would be starting N.E.W.T level classes this term. As a result, there would be significantly less time to have fun; the classes would be extremely amped up in difficulty this year. Although there were free periods, he just knew that they would consist of extra time spent doing homework.

Not that he normally had a lot of fun, anyways... his "fun" usually consisted of being cooped up in the library for hours until Jongdae and Chanyeol dragged his sorry  out of there. 

His father smiles at him, and his elder brother, Seungsoo, watches the scene as well, trying hard not to chortle behind his hand. Kyungsoo eyes him pointedly, with a glare that clearly read 'don't you dare'. 

His mother pats his head comfortingly, a warm smile gracing her features. 

"Goodbye, Soo, be careful and keep up the good work on your studies, all right? We'll write you every week and update you on everything that's going on at home—"

"Yeah, and I'll definitely make sure to send you kisses in each letter Mum sends off." Seungsoo snarkily adds, pretending to wipe a tear with their mother's hankerchief in his hands. He continues to mock sob into the cloth, and Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. He looks at his mother helplessly, who looks at the two in amusement.

The Hogwarts Express was about to leave. Kyungsoo, with much difficulty, gently pries himself from his mother's grasp and gives her a small, heart-shaped smile at his family before heading towards the train. 

"I promise I'll come back for Christmas."

"Tell Chanyeol that he's always welcome too if he doesn't have any plans," She tells him, and he nods a little too quickly, feeling a small jump in his heart at the mention of Chanyeol's name.

He waves a final goodbye to his family before he sprints towards the train, finally making his way on board, clutching his owl's cage in one hand and levitating his heavy luggage with his wand in the other.

As soon as he got inside, the first years were running up and down the passageway, to his annoyance. The prefects were shouting out demands for the students not to run, but to no avail. When one first year steps on his foot and doesn't apologize right away (he hears a meek "sorry!" as the first year continues to sprint down the train), Kyungsoo swears under his breath, tempted to whip out his wand and mutter a jinx under his breath, when he sees his best friend in his line of vision.

"Kyungsoo, how've you been!" Chanyeol says excitedly and loudly, a large and blinding grin on his face per usual.

Just like that, all of his previous annoyance was swept away and was gradually replaced by a warm feeling that was starting to spread throughout his body.

The Gryffindor engulfs Kyungsoo in an enormous bear hug without warning, and the Slytherin lets out a frantic noise of surprise, feeling an intense flush dangerously spread across his face. He is unsure of what to say (as he is too busy furiously trying to make the blush go away) when Chanyeol looks at him with a soft look in his eyes and says, "I missed you."

Kyungsoo silently adjusts his grip on his owl's cage before replying.

"I missed you too, idiot." He mutters, and Chanyeol's grin grows wider. Kyungsoo looks away at once, pretending he was checking on his pet, and quickly adds, "It's damn crowded in here... stupid first years, running around like they own the place."

"Can't blame them. I remember being as excited when we first came, too, though that seemed forever ago." Chanyeol laughs, and Kyungsoo, not for the first time, wonders how he is always so happy all the time. "I was able to get a compartment along with Jongdae, by the way. It's just over here..." 

He gestures to the right, and the taller male pulls the door open when they get closer. Chanyeol helps Kyungsoo place his luggage in the compartment above them, where all the rest of their baggage were. As soon as they get inside, Jongdae lets out a loud hoot of happiness at the sight of the Slytherin, his own barn owl fluttering around the space happily.

"Blimey, Kyungsoo, we thought you were never going to make it! You're usually on time... in fact, unusually always early." The other Gryffindor grins, scooting over to let him sit next to him. 

"We would've been on time if my mother hadn't forgotten to bring her purse," Kyungsoo sighs as he places himself next to the other Gryffindor, rubbing his temples in mild exhaustion. He cringes once he remembers the exasperation he and the rest of his family felt at the time, and he shakes his head. "We were halfway to the station when she realized."

"Ahhh," Jongdae pats his knee in sympathy. "At least you're here now, though."

Kyungsoo shrugs; yes, that was true. As he looked from Jongdae to Chanyeol, he smiles a little to himself.

Even though they were all sixth years, now, people still found it odd for someone like Do Kyungsoo to have befriended two of the loudest students in his year—what was especially even more odd was that they were both Gryffindors, and he, the lone Slytherin. However, it was admittedly nice to have those two around for company, even though Chanyeol was incredibly popular and Jongdae was the epitome of trouble. Although Kyungsoo was someone who cared about academics, he did need distractions every once in a while. In fact, everyone he knew was still curious about how the three of them managed to even become friends in the first place.

As the trio chatted some more, updating each other about their respective summers, the door to the compartment slides open, and Byun Baekhyun's face poked inside.

Kyungsoo involuntarily stiffens at the sight of the Slytherin—he had not seen him in months. His hair was dyed again; it was silver this time. Grudgingly, Kyungsoo admits to himself, the color suit him well.

At the sight of him, the three of them immediately fell into an uncomfortable silence.

"Oh... sorry." Baekhyun's eyes widen in surprise.

Across from Kyungsoo, Chanyeol noticeably tenses up. Baekhyun smiles sheepishly before he slides the door closed almost as quickly as it had opened. 

After he leaves, the three of them all looked at each other, unsure of what to say.

"Well... all right, then." Kyungsoo says awkwardly, surprised that he was the one to take up the initiative to start up conversation again. The tension was getting stifling, however, and he desperately wanted to talk about something else. He looks over to Chanyeol carefully, whose eyes were now glued on the floor.

"I can't believe that he actually dyed his hair that color. Remember when he was talking about dyeing it in the middle of fifth year, and when Kyungsoo and I said pastel pink to mess with him, Chanyeol suggested silver? I'm sure he did that on purpose," Jongdae immediately says, frowning.

Irritably, the Slytherin asks, "What, just him dyeing his hair?"

"No, like, him dyeing his hair and coming into our compartment to prove that he did it."

"He probably just came in on accident," Chanyeol mumbles. "Plus, he did think that silver was a good color, back then, before anything happened."

"Yeah, and I'm actually Dumbledore." Jongdae rolls his eyes and crosses his arms. "Mate, nothing like that is ever an accident. Why would he just do it now?"

Kyungsoo glares at Jongdae, as if to tell him to shut up, but the other Gryffindor raises his eyebrows back at him as if to say 'you know I'm right'. The Slytherin shakes his head before glancing at Chanyeol, who was no longer smiling.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun had gone out the year prior. In fact, Baekhyun used to also be a part of their friend group in the past even before he and Chanyeol started dating; he was especially close with Jongdae, and the two enjoyed playing pranks on others together. About a year or so of Baekhyun and Chanyeol being extremely close, Chanyeol confessed to Kyungsoo that he liked Baekhyun. Of course, Kyungsoo could tell. He knew that the looks the two sent each other were more than just platonic. Shortly after, Kyungsoo heard from Jongdae that Baekhyun reciprocated those feelings. After a bit of pining, the two started dating.

Although Kyungsoo found Baekhyun to be as equally annoying or even more annoying than Jongdae (which was an accomplishment in itself), he found himself liking the other Slytherin's company. Since Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were in the same house, they used to sit next to each other during lessons. Kyungsoo couldn't even bring himself to hate Baekhyun since they were friends before Baekhyun and Chanyeol started dating. Though, he still couldn't help but feel sad whenever he saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol together—they were so happy.

However, Baekhyun and Chanyeol had stopped seeing each other towards the end of fifth year, and after that he never spoke to any of them again; he cut all of them off. It was incredibly strange, though. Their break-up was incredibly surprising for everyone, and Chanyeol told Kyungsoo that Baekhyun didn't even bother to explain why he had ended it. He was even more surprised (and also offended) that Baekhyun stopped talking to him and Jongdae as well.

The worst thing about all of this was the fact that Baekhyun seemed to move on from Chanyeol very quickly. Almost two weeks after they broke up, he was already dating somebody else in the year above them; a girl named Kim Taeyeon, who was very beautiful and someone who was wanted by almost every straight guy Kyungsoo knew. When Chanyeol found out that Baekhyun was dating a girl, he felt even more hurt.

"Did I turn him straight?" Chanyeol had asked Kyungsoo when he found out, a horrified look on his face.

It had been months since it happened, but Kyungsoo knew that Chanyeol still felt something for the other Slytherin, which was quite depressing considering how Baekhyun didn't really want anything to do with the younger anymore.

"Chanyeol, just forget him." Kyungsoo frowns deeply. "He's an for doing that to you."

"I don't know..." Chanyeol sighs, looking completely out of it now. "I should be over it by now, but I really miss him. I've never felt the same way towards anyone else."

That hurt a little to hear. Kyungsoo bites his lip.

Jongdae clicks his tongue.

"Maybe it would be more understanding if he even bothered to tell you why you guys needed to break up, but he didn't even say anything. I just don't even know why he just refuses to even look at us. Seriously, to even think that I even considered him as one of my best friends..." Jongdae grumbles, as he takes out a stray copy of the Daily Prophet under his seat.

Kyungsoo looks at Jongdae sympathetically. If anything, he was the person who was almost as affected as Chanyeol was with the whole situation. Baekhyun and Jongdae were extremely close, so he couldn't even imagine the utter betrayal Jongdae felt after Baekhyun stopped talking to them altogether. 

"Also, there's always somebody out there; you're not always limited to just one person, you know."

Jongdae's eyes trail not-so-subtly over to Kyungsoo, who glares back at him, his eyes wide. Fortunately, Chanyeol did not notice this exchange, as he was still too busy staring out the window, a faraway gaze on his face.

Honestly, it was probably a curse for Kyungsoo to have the stupidest and biggest crush on Chanyeol, ever since they met three years ago in third year. It had all started when the Gryffindors and Slytherins had Potions together, and Chanyeol had accidentally blown up his cauldron. Kyungsoo was ready to hex the Gryffindor, but Chanyeol's apologetic (and helpless) grin kept him from doing so; the frustration had died in that instant, much to everyone (including his own's) surprise. 

Honestly, he didn't know how it happened at all. He and Chanyeol were on opposite ends of the spectrum.

But despite them being completely different from each other, Kyungsoo found Chanyeol's presence comforting. The Gryffindor was so talented, and he was always so energetic and enthusiastic; not to mention the fact that he was just about kind to everyone. Chanyeol was also there for him whenever Kyungsoo needed anything, and his heart never failed to flip each time the Gryffindor offered him one of those million-dollar smiles of his.

Having this crush on Chanyeol was so painful. Kyungsoo hated—absolutely hated—how Chanyeol was his only weakness, yet he couldn't stop the feeling from growing, even though it hurt him so much. He also hadn't told anyone out of fear that Chanyeol would find out and their three year friendship would end.

And yes, there was that lingering problem that time was running out... they were sixth years now, after all. Despite this, Kyungsoo still didn't think that there was any possibility of telling him any time soon.

The thing was, he didn't even tell Jongdae either (nor was he planning to), but the Gryffindor found out eventually. Jongdae was very observant, apparently. When Chanyeol gleefully announced his and Baekhyun's relationship, Kyungsoo had congratulated them, but the immense pain he experienced afterwards was completely indescribable.

The worse part of all was that he couldn't even be mad about it. Chanyeol and Baekhyun seemed to fit together perfectly, like they were meant to be. It was Jongdae who went to him when he was sulking in the corner of the library and comforted him about it.

And yes, Kyungsoo thought of himself stupid—no, beyond stupid—to continue to pursue Chanyeol when the Gryffindor was clearly still hung up over Baekhyun. It still hurt a lot when the topic was brought up, but at least he knew he could trust Jongdae about it.

Whatever. He's been pining after him for years... At this point, he's used to the heartache.

"Trolley's here." Jongdae then says to lighten up the mood, and sure enough, Chanyeol's eyes widen in excitement.

As the three of them pick out the sweets they wanted, Kyungsoo couldn't help but continue to picture the sad expression on Chanyeol's face after Baekhyun had left the compartment.

A newfound irritation which was directed towards the other Slytherin bubbled inside of him, but there was also a small twinge of sadness that he felt at the same time. Although he sort of considered Baekhyun as his nemesis in love, it was truly a pity that Kyungsoo had lost someone who he used to call a good friend.

 

 

---

 

 

"I know we literally just got here, but I can't wait for the Sorting Ceremony to be over. I'm starving... I can literally feel my insides starting to eat each other." Jongdae grumbles, as they get off the train. The mass of students started making their way towards the Great Hall. Around the trio, some people were already excitedly talking to the friends that they haven't seen in a while.

"That's gross, Jongdae." Chanyeol wrinkles his nose, looking from side-to-side constantly; he was most likely trying to search for other familiar faces. He waves and sends a few friendly smiles to a few other people before adding, "Besides, what are you so hungry for? You had, like, five chocolate frogs on the train."

"Those things have no substance. I could probably eat one-hundred of those and still be hungry." Jongdae shrugs, and Chanyeol shakes his head in disbelief. 

Afterwards, Jongdae nudges Kyungsoo a bit violently, earning a surprised noise and a pointed glare from the Slytherin.

"What the hell was that for?"

"Check it out." Jongdae grins. Kyungsoo follows his gaze, and it eventually stops on none other than a certain brown haired Gryffindor with a sharp jaw and warm brown eyes; Kim Kai, a fifth year, was clearly the center of attention. Next to him was a tall, blonde Slytherin who had a bored look on his face—his best friend Oh Sehun—a fifth year as well. Although they were simply just walking towards the Great Hall with the rest of the students, many were whispering excitedly around them.

"I heard that Kim Kai doesn't even take the train to Hogwarts, he arrives on some kind of private transportation!"

"Apparently, Sehun's rejected dozens of girls during the past two years. That's crazy... it's like there is no one to satisfy him. I also heard that Kim Kai has someone on his arm every year."

Another student snorts, "Every year? I heard it was every month..."

The students surrounding them stare at the duo in awe, and both boys and girls alike continue to whisper excitedly about them as they continue their journey to the Great Hall.

Kyungsoo resists the urge to roll his eyes.

Chanyeol hums thoughtfully, looking at Kyungsoo. "The rumors about them are always so crazy. They're actually really nice people, you know." 

In response, the Slytherin gives a half-hearted smile.

"I don't know why I find that hard to believe. You're just flexing your popularity at this point."

"Not even." The Gryffindor laughs at his response, "You're just mistrusting."

Kyungsoo swiftly pinches the taller's ear in retaliation, and the Gryffindor yelps in surprise.

If Sehun and Kai were hearing the things that everyone were saying about them, they paid absolutely no attention to it. Instead, they appeared to be in a deep conversation, which was soon interrupted when Byun Baekhyun came out of nowhere and pinched Kai's arm in excitement. Back when Baekhyun was still in their close-knit circle of friends, he would sometimes tell Kyungsoo about some of Kai and Sehun's antics.

At Baekhyun's sudden appearance, Kai flashes the elder a grin before he moves to wrap an arm around the other Slytherin's neck. When Kyungsoo glances at Sehun, he is honestly surprised to see that the blonde was showing the faintest indication of a smile as well; a rare sight it was indeed.

"I feel like they get worse and worse every year." Jongdae snorts, shaking his head. "Did no one even notice that they were both on the train? I literally saw them sitting together earlier. Imagine needing to take a separate mode of transportation to school!"

Kyungsoo shrugs, not really having anything to say in response.

"Listen," Jongdae continues, sounding serious for once. "If any of those rumors are true, any of them... I owe you guys fifty Galleons as well as a liftetime's supply of butterbeer."

Chanyeol lets out a noise of disbelief, "Do you even have one-hundred Galleons, Jongdae?"

"Er..."

Kyungsoo smiles slightly while listening to their exchange. 

Kai and Sehun were popular not only because of their looks but also because of their standings in the Wizarding world; they both come from incredibly wealthy families. It just so happened that the two were also best friends. However, Kyungsoo didn't really have many experiences with them in the past, and they were both younger, hence why he has not bothered to know more about either of them. He did know that there were instances when Kai would sweet talk people to get what he wanted. Although Kyungsoo has never spoke to Sehun personally, he doesn't really want to, as the blonde came off as cold and uninviting.

Lost in his thoughts, Kyungsoo dimly realizes that no one has ever really referred to Kai by using his real name. He wonders if people really forgot the fact that Kai's real name was Kim Jongin, and for a second he wonders why he chose to go by Kai. However, the thought immediately goes away as soon as they reach the Great Hall; with that, he bids a short goodbye to Jongdae and Chanyeol before sitting down with the rest of the Slytherins.

Baekhyun happens to glance up when Kyungsoo takes a seat next to Kris and Tao, who were some of his other friends in his house. For a moment, he and Baekhyun lock eyes with each other until Baekhyun looks away first, his attention now directed at the Sorting Hat. Kyungsoo almost scoffed out loud at the sight, knowing for a fact that Baekhyun was just feigning interest in the ceremony.

Kris watches the exchange with raised eyebrows. "Damn, is Byun really not talking to you anymore?"

"Didn't you see what just happened?" Kyungsoo mutters. One thing that he absolutely hated about this school was how fast gossip spread. As soon as Baekhyun and Chanyeol broke up, everyone was already talking about it the next day, as well as the fact that Baekhyun also cut himself off from Jongdae and Kyungsoo.

"I really wonder why he broke up with Chanyeol, they seemed so happy." Tao says sadly, and Kyungsoo shrugs, already in a bad mood. Honestly, he just wanted to eat and go to sleep as soon as possible.

He looks over at Baekhyun, who was still staring intently at the Sorting Hat; it had just sorted a new first year into Ravenclaw.

Kyungsoo sighs inwardly. 

It was going to be a long year.

 

 

---

 

 

Classes were not all that bad during the first few weeks at Hogwarts, which was a relief.

However, it was only a matter of time until the workload was going to gradually increase as the term went on. Even though everything was still kind of tolerable right now, Kyungsoo found himself in the library per usual, doing his best to do everything he could on time so that he didn't have to worry much about his future deadlines. Jongdae and Chanyeol were off doing whatever with some of their Gryffindor friends, so it was just him inside the library at the moment, along with a few other students scattered throughout the room.

An hour or two later, Kyungsoo was finally able to finish one of his Charms assignments just in time for supper.

"See you, Junmyeon." Kyungsoo addresses the seventh year across from him, who nods at him in farewell, not looking up from the textbook his nose was currently buried in. The Slytherin can't help but smile at the sight before placing all of his belongings in his bag and swiftly getting out of his chair, pushing it in quickly before finally exiting the library—his mind focused on getting something to eat. 

As he heads towards the Great Hall, he is pulled out of his thoughts when he hears somebody calling him. 

"Do Kyungsoo!"

Confused, Kyungsoo wonders if he was just imagining things. Regardless, he stops in his tracks, frowning.

As he turns around to face who was calling him, his eyes widen.

Wait. Hold on.

Kyungsoo squints and curses his vision. He could only see a blob moving closer and closer to him. 

What?

Kim Kai was sprinting towards him. Even with Kyungsoo's horrible eyesight, he could recognize the styled brown hair from a mile away. The Slytherin watches the Gryffindor in stunned silence as the younger student eventually comes to a stop in front of him, slightly hunched over from exhaustion and panting a little heavily.

"I've been looking for you all day," Kai says, straightening up at once. "I'm Kim Jongin."

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow at his introduction, a little surprised that he refers to himself by his real name and not by his nickname. He looks at him cautiously before continuing.

"Yeah... I know."

A beat of silence.

Kai holds out his hand for Kyungsoo to shake and chuckles lightly and casually, as if he's known the Slytherin for years. 

"You are really difficult to find, you know. You really do blend in with the crowd."

"I... I beg your pardon?" The Slytherin replies, becoming more and more bewildered by the second, feeling slightly offended about what Kai just said. He stares at Kai's outstretched hand until the younger student eventually puts his hand back down.

Kai coughs awkwardly but covers it up with a relaxed smile.

"More importantly, I needed to ask you something."

The Slytherin stares at him blankly, still not sure where this is going. He's not even sure why he's even talking to Kai in the first place, or why Kai is talking to him in the first place—he was already starting to get mildly annoyed and confused (albeit more annoyed than confused) at the younger's attitude towards him.

"Which is...?"

"I was asking around and discovered that you're literally a Potions genius." Kai says, combing a hand through his hair. The action made Kyungsoo feel very irritated, for some reason. "I am the opposite: I completely . However, I'm taking O.W.Ls this year, and... I really need help. I'd like to pass at least, since my parents will kill me if I fail this class and exam. Therefore, I was going to ask you if you could tutor me in the subject."

Kyungsoo looks at him for a while.

Eventually, he does not hesitate when he answers with a flat: "No."

Kai looks noticeably shocked by his answer, obviously not used to rejection. The Gryffindor pouts at him, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Why not? I was even thinking of paying you."

"Why don't you ask someone else? Like Oh Sehun, for instance? I've heard that he's actually good at Potions, according to what Slughorn says. Or why don't you ask anyone else who is actually in your grade instead of a stranger like me, who is older and much more busier than you?" Kyungsoo says, giving him a pointed glare. He straightens his posture and dusts off his bookbag before continuing. "I'm getting ready for N.E.W.T exams next year, so I'm planning on using my free time to catch up on homework as the year goes by. Sorry."

He turns to leave, but he is surprised when the younger student immediately grabs his sleeve.

The Slytherin's eyes narrow in a threatening manner, and Kai's expression falters at the sight. Kyungsoo feels satisfied at the younger's reaction, but he is surprised when Kai continues to speak.

"Er... yes, but, the N.E.W.T exams are next year for you, not this year, right?" The Gryffindor says, sounding somewhat embarrassed. For a second, he didn't even sound like the confident Kai; his voice was more shy and quiet now. He lets go of Kyungsoo's sleeve at last. "Plus, Sehun has already made it a point and said that he absolutely does not want to tutor me. He refused to, actually, he called me a 'lazy ' and told me to learn it by myself."

Kyungsoo scoffs at his response, thinking that maybe Oh Sehun did have some sense after all.

"He's right."

Kai continues to pout at him, and Kyungsoo cannot help but find it incredibly annoying on how the Gryffindor looked like a sad puppy. It reminded him of Chanyeol, who would also pout at him when he was asking for a favor... the thought of comparing Kai to Chanyeol made him feel a bit sick.

Kyungsoo shuddered inwardly.

"I'll do anything," Kai then says suddenly, before Kyungsoo turns to leave once more. The Slytherin looks back at him, an eyebrow raised in disbelief. When Kai sees Kyungsoo's unimpressed expression, he continues frantically, "Seriously. I'm damn good at Charms, and Defense Against the Dark Arts, I can do your homework to make it easier for you—"

Kyungsoo holds his hands up to stop the Gryffindor from rambling, and he sighs. 

"You're forgetting that we aren't in the same year. You probably aren't familiar with any of the things that I'm learning now. Can't Junmyeon help tutor you?"

Junmyeon, who was Kai's cousin, was pretty different from Kai when it came to academics. He was rational, smart, and excelled all of his O.W.Ls with straight O's on his report card. He was also known for being stress incarnated, so it was a wonder on how the two shared the same blood, as Kai was much more carefree. Then again, Junmyeon was also blessed with good looks, and Kai actually managed to have good grades, somehow. The only reason why Kyungsoo was on a first name basis with Junmyeon was because the elder frequented the library; as a result, they often studied together. 

"Um..." For once, Kai looks as if he is out of words. He shifts uncomfortably. 

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow.

"I guess you haven't asked him."

"To be completely honest with you, we're not really that close." 

There seemed to be more behind just that statement, but if so, Kai didn't say anything else about it. Kyungsoo looks at him before letting out a quiet sigh, opening his mouth to reject him again.

"Just think about it, please?" Kai interrupts him before he does, a small smile on his face and his head slightly tilted. "I mean, there are no hard feelings if you really can't... I understand that you are going to be busy. But, just this once, can you think it over?"

Merlin, he was so much like a stupid puppy. If anything, Kyungsoo was admittedly a little confused about the fact that Kai was actually giving him a choice; he thought that this kid would've found a way to force him into saying yes.

Kyungsoo sighs, feeling a bit defeated. He drags a hand down his face, suddenly feeling more tired than usual. He curses inwardly. 

"...I suppose."

Even though his answer was not even close to a direct yes, Kai breaks into a wide grin; it's a smile so incredibly big that Kyungsoo is taken aback for a moment.

"Brilliant," Kai says, sounding incredibly excited. If Jongin had a tail, it would definitely be wagging right now... stupid puppy. "Well, let me know as soon as you can. In the meantime, I have to go find Baekhyun and thank him."

"Baek...?" Kyungsoo's eyes narrow at the mention of the Slytherin. "Why is that?"

"He was the one who recommended you in the first place, after he overheard Sehun talking about how he would rather not spend his free time helping me." Kai sends another bright smile towards him, but before Kyungsoo could say anything more, he waves hurriedly to him before sprinting towards the Great Hall. "See you around, Do!"

With that, he left with a skip in his step, leaving Kyungsoo staring ahead of him in stunned silence.

Yep... This was going to be a long year.

 

 

---

 

 

A/N: hello, it has been a while and i decided to come out with a new story :,0 i originally had this idea years ago but never got around to publishing it until now LOL. it was originally unfinished, but i decided to work on it bc i just love harry potter aus; hp is a series that is so dear to me, so i've always wanted to write a story like this! i'm having a lot of fun with it, so we'll see where this one goes ^^ this one will be kaisoo centric, with side chanbaek, side xiuchen, and side hunhan!

i am still currently working on the newest chapter of no distractions, so if you are waiting on that it will come soon... hopefully ! anyways, i hope everyone has been doing well... i've been busy, but recently i've had time to type this up :-) a lot of things has happened in the kpop community since i last got on this website,, for instance, jongdae getting married!!! and having a kid!!! i am so happy for him <3 and also bts coming back soon!! i am so excited for my boys :,)

well, i'll stop rambling for now. hope everyone has a wonderful day, and that you enjoy this first chapter!

-seokminz