Arrival

Fly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Breath heaving, the two of you collapsed onto the desk, the air hostesses looking at you in surprise as you offered up your passports and boarding passes for inspection. 

“You wouldn’t happen to be flying first class now would you?” He asked.

You looked yourself up and down, glanced at the bag on your back. 

“What do you think?”

“Well, we’ll just have to fix that, now won’t we?” And with that, it was his turn to drag you past the air stewardesses and onto the plane.

***

You were staring out the window at dawning light, when you felt a poke in your side.

“I can see you’re not sleeping you know.”

You didn’t reply. Not like you owed him anything. 

“Look, I just wanted to say - thank you. Sincerely.” 

Maybe he wasn’t so bad after all? Some manners at least. 

“Don’t worry about it. It needed doing, I was there, so I did it.”

“Come on, not like just anyone would do that for a stranger. I mean, I’m not sure I’d go so far as to tackle my way through a bunch of crazy fans.”

You turned away, so he couldn’t see you fighting off a smile.

“Ok, ok I get it - I’ll leave you alone. Please, get some rest! After all, who knows what sort of a crowd is waiting on the other side. I might need your help again.”

And there he was, back to being a bit of a muppet.

***

When you next woke up the plane had landed. He hadn’t bothered to wake you, and you told yourself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter