Promise

Art
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Juhyun couldn’t sleep that night.

How could she when Seulgi had been so close to finding out about her condition just a few hours ago? The younger girl before her had no problems sleeping though; the monolid’s lips slightly parted while she let out light snores. Juhyun found the view endearing as she subconsciously reached out to trace her fingers gently along a stray strand of hair that plastered on Seulgi’s cheek. Her hand tremored as she did, unintentionally grazing against the younger girl’s cheek harder than she intended. Seulgi started to stir which startled Juhyun. The older girl wanted to pull back in reflex, only to find her wrist caught by Seulgi while the younger girl guided her palm back against her cheek.

“ Just a little longer.”

The monolid whispered, with her eyes still shut and relaxed her grip when she felt Juhyun relent into her request. Juhyun rubbed her thumb gently across Seulgi’s cheek as she watched as the younger girl started falling back into her deep sleep once again but not before being dragged into an embrace by the lazy bear. Juhyun let out a light chuckle as she snuggled closer into the scent of citrus which was gladly accepted with Seulgi’s arms instinctively wrapped protectively around her. After what seemed like eternity, Juhyun finally felt her eyelids grow heavy and drifted to sleep from the lull of Seulgi’s heartbeat.

Morning came later than usual and Juhyun awoke to the warm rays of sun against her face. Looking at the clock by her bedside dresser, she realized it was already almost noon and forced herself to get up. She was usually the early riser who got up in the wee hours of the morning from habit but it was an exception that day––since she had fallen asleep only in the wee hours of the morning. Juhyun turned and realized that Seulgi wasn’t beside her––which made the older girl wonder where she would have gone. They were supposed to start on the practical lesson in her studio 2 hours ago but she had overslept.

 

After washing up, Juhyun made her way downstairs in search for her protégé. As she did, she was entranced by the aroma of doenjang jjigae and kimchi fried rice which made her stomach rumble.

 

It was lunch time after all.

“ Good morning, sleepyhead. ”
Juhyun smiled at the familiar face which beamed radiance from the sun.

“ You’re getting bold with the nicknames.”
Juhyun leaned in to press a soft kiss to the side of Seulgi’s cheek.

“I learn from the best.”
Seulgi winked, as she stirred the rice for the last time and plated it nicely.

“ Looks like you’re familiar with my kitchen now too.”
Juhyun teased, sitting herself down by the dining table.

“ Ah… I’m sorry about that. You were sleeping really soundly and I didn’t want to wake you.  I hope you don’t mind. I just thought to wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter