Replay

Checkpoint

The night sky was in a beautiful dark navy hue, and the stars and the moon acted as the street lights guiding the two. The slight Spring breeze blew through their hair, carrying the scent of vanilla into the air. In her left hand was a box of pizza that was still warm to the touch. To the right, linking arms, was the perfect angel, shining brighter than all the stars and the moon.

The two walked in a comfortable silence, matching each other’s footstep. Tzuyu stared at the girl, admiring her beauty, mesmerized by each facial feature in perfect harmony to create the one and only Sana.

How do her eyes capture the galaxies and put the stars to shame? Wait. Ew, Tzuyu. The , you ain’t no Shakespeare. But damn, Sana be fine. Her side profile is no joke. And her nose! And her lips! Her lips! The way her pink lips curl. She smiles!

Sana smirked, as she noticed that Tzuyu was staring at her for eternity.

“How long are you gonna stare at me for?” Sana asked.

“Huh?” Tzuyu was slightly scared and embarrassed, for she was caught red handed.

“Why? You like what you see?” Sana teased.

Tzuyu couldn’t say anything. Her mind went blank, trying to figure out what to say and how to speak.

“I’m just kidding, Tzuyu. Stop being so tense.” Sana chuckled.

Melodies to my ear.

“Are we almost there?” Sana turned her head to face Tzuyu, but with that her hair flicked in the perfect way, and everything felt like it was in slow motion.

I hope we are not. Tzuyu looked around where she was. .

“Yeah, we’re here.” Tzuyu showed disappointment in her face, which Sana did not fail to catch. Tzuyu could’ve sworn that Sana had the same expression as her.

“Oh… So, this is your house?”

“Yup. Well, technically Dahyun unnie’s house.”

“Ah, I see.”

There was an awkward silence between them. Tzuyu played with her thumbs, while Sana was looking at her right foot swinging around.

“So, I guess, good bye?” Sana spoke first.

“Yeah, I guess. Bye. It was nice to meet you, Sana… unnie.”

Sana chuckled, but she still had disappointment in her eyes.

“It was nice to meet you too.” Sana slowly replied. “See you on Wednesday?”

“Sure. See you.” Tzuyu waved goodbye, and turned her heels to face the door, when she felt a sudden warmness in her back, arms wrapped around her waist. She could feel Sana’s face on her shoulder, and her heart fluttered.

As soon as Sana let go, Tzuyu turned back around. Sana ran backwards, and waved her hands.

“Bye!” Sana yelled, as she almost tripped on her own legs. Sana’s face became even redder from the embarrassment, and she ran away covering her face with her hands.

How can a person be so cute?

Tzuyu’s face was also burning, and she couldn’t stop smiling. Tzuyu turned back and opened the door, only to find Dahyun with a mischievous grin and her arms wrapped around. She had charmander slippers on, and her foot was tapping the ground.

“Who is she?” Dahyun asked with that sly look on her face.

“She’s… uh... a friend.” Tzuyu answered back with sweat starting to form on her forehead.

“A friend who hugs you like that? Was she the reason why you didn’t buy me lunch?”

“Yeah, sorry about that.” Tzuyu couldn’t look at Dahyun in the eyes. “But here’s your pizza!” Tzuyu quickly showed Dahyun the box to which Dahyun took just as quickly.

“Thanks!” Dahyun walked towards the dining table, while opening the box. She looked at the warm pizza, still slightly steaming. “Pineapple… Meh whatever.” Dahyun grabbed a slice of the Hawaiian pizza and took a bite. “So, care to explain?”

Tzuyu took a seat in front of Dahyun, and started to explain what happened throughout the day.

“Wait, wait wait. So I have a date?” Dahyun asked.

“Yeah, but that’s not important. So, Sana… unnie is so-”

“What do you mean that’s not important! You got me a date without asking me.”

“Yeah, but she’s cute, and I’m sure you would like her.”

“What do you mean cute? You know how shy I am in front of others.” Dahyun grabbed her hair from both sides and covered her face with it. “It’s not all about the face, Tzuyu!”

“She owns a restaurant.”

“Well, damn, you should’ve told me sooner!” Dahyun quickly gained interest and moved towards the edge of her seat. “Does she cook well?”

“Mmhmmm.” Tzuyu had a smirk on her face. I know you, Dahyun unnie. I got you.

“So… Free food?”

“Probably? You have a lot aegyo, right?”

“Ha!” Dahyun smirked. “Dubu dubu~” Dahyun did her classic aegyo. “Neo~ Neo~”

“Okay, you can stop now.” Tzuyu gagged.

“But... Tzuyu yah... I’m not joking about the shy part. You know how I am. I’m not like myself in front of people I just met.” Dahyun showed deep concern in her face. After a couple seconds of silence, an idea came up in Dahyun’s head. “I know! How about we make it a double date?”

“A double date?”

“Yeah, you and Sana unnie with me and Momo unnie. It’ll be a win win. You get to have more quality time with Sana unnie, and I don’t need to be awkward.”

Tzuyu thought for a second, and it did sound intriguing. I can be with Sana unnie. Dahyun unnie is a genius!

“Call!” Tzuyu shouted. “Let me ask Sana unnie what she thinks.”

Tzuyu pulled out her phone and went through her contacts. Goddess-Nim, Goddess-Nim. The phone rang for about 2 seconds and there was a loud thud noise.

“Ow!” Momo screamed.

“Sana unnie, are you alright?” Tzuyu asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I just kicked Momo’s leg by accident.” Sana replied.

“I’m not fine! Thanks for asking about me, Tzuyu!” Momo screamed in the back.

“So, what’s up, Tzuyu?” Sana asked, completely ignoring Momo’s agony.

“Umm... So, I talked with Dahyun unnie.”

“What did she say?” Momo screamed in the back. Tzuyu could hear Momo running towards Sana. She must be on speaker.

“She said yes!”

“YES!” Momo screamed.

“Congrats, Momo.” Sana said in the sweetest way.

“But-” Tzuyu was cut off.

“But, what?” Momo said.

“But, she said she wants me and Sana unnie to join you guys. She gets nervous easily, so… yeah…”

“That’s completely fine, Tzuyu. We can’t let my girlfriend feel uncomfortable.” Momo said. “Just don’t be a .”

“You’re not even a guy!” Sana screamed. Tzuyu heard a loud smack, which she assumed was Sana smacking Momo’s back.

“Haha, I won’t. Don’t worry.” Tzuyu said. Same goes for you, Momo unnie.

“I think that sounds delightful, Tzuyu.” Sana said. “It’s almost like a double date! I mean, we aren’t dating, but you know…”

“Yeah… I know.” I know…

“So, is Saturday alright with Dahyun?” Momo asked.

“Wait, let me ask.” Tzuyu replied. She turned her head towards Dahyun.

“Unnie, is Saturday alright for you?” Tzuyu asked.

“Saturday might be hard. Is Sunday alright?” Dahyun replied.

“Is Sunday alright?” Tzuyu asked Momo and Sana.

“Sunday sounds fine.” Momo responded.

“Sunday it is then.” Tzuyu said.

“Aight, see you on Sunday!” Momo yelled.

“See you on Sunday, unnie.” Tzuyu replied.

“And… I guess I will see you on Wednesday?” Sana said in an awkward transition.

“Yeah, see you on Wednesday.”

“Bye, Tzuyu! Thanks for the date!” Momo shouted.

“No problem. Bye.” Tzuyu said.

Tzuyu hung up, and when she turned back, Dahyun had her eyes wide open sparkling with curiosity, waiting for Tzuyu to tell her what happened.

“Double date, it is.” Tzuyu said.

“Yes!” Dahyun was excited. “So, Sunday?”

“Sunday. But, what are you doing on Saturday?”

“I gotta watch Infinite Challenge and Knowing Bros on Saturday!”

Tzuyu face palmed. This bit...

______________________________________________________________________________

Ring. Ring. Ring. Tzuyu grunted and tried to feel her way towards her phone. She turned the alarm off, and slowly stood up from her bed. Morning already. It was 8 AM, and Tzuyu was proud of herself for waking up early. She walked into the bathroom and looked at the mirror. My hair's a mess. Tzuyu walked into the shower and the hot water. As the warm water trickled down her hair, Tzuyu thought about what happened yesterday.

Kyak! Sana unnie is so cute! And she hugged me yesterday! I can’t believe it!

Tzuyu jumped and danced inside the bathtub.

“Chou Tzuyu! Stop ing jumping!” Dahyun screamed from downstairs.

“Sorry!” Tzuyu screamed back.

I just can’t believe it! But, what if she is touchy with everyone? Tzuyu started to get nervous about the fact that Sana might be like a snake to everyone. It would make sense, since Sana only met her that day, and she would already hug her.

But then again, I don't think she’s the type to play with people. Maybe she just feels really comfortable with me? Maybe she shares the same feeling as me? No, Tzuyu. Don’t get your hopes up. A lot of girls touch their friends, right? Friends hug each other. Yeah, that must be it.

After taking a shower and putting on her clothes, Tzuyu walked down the stairs to the kitchen.

The aroma of crisp bacon and butter filled the air and Tzuyu already knew what Dahyun was making. Bacon and pancakes.

“Tzuyu! Come eat some breakfast! I made some for you too this time.”

“Thanks, unnie.”

Tzuyu took a seat at the dining table, and Dahyun brought two plates of the food and took a seat in front of Tzuyu.

“You woke up early today.” Dahyun spoke as she made a river of maple syrup on her plate of pancakes..

“Yeah, I don’t want to be late to class ever again.” Tzuyu took a bite of the bacon. It was slightly burnt, but still crispy.

“That’s a good idea. I’m very proud of you, Tzuyu.”

“Unnie, don’t you have to go to classes too?”

“Meh, I go when I want to go, and today, I don’t want to go.”

“You’re being a great role model.” Tzuyu said sarcastically .

“Thanks! You know, you only live once. You gotta live it to the fullest. YOLO.”

“Stop. Not a single word more. Don’t even.” Tzuyu hated when Dahyun used that term. Dahyun was always a bit, no, a lot late with the trend. Dahyun just recently started dabbing, so that says a lot.

“Sorry.”

______________________________________________________________________________

After finishing breakfast with Dahyun, Tzuyu grabbed her purse and made sure that she had all her school supplies this time. “Bye, Dahyun unnie! I’m going to class!”

“Have fun learning! I know I won’t!”

Tzuyu opened the door and felt the breeze. The sky was clear with not a single speck of cloud. Children were laughing and running, playing tag in the street. The cherry blossoms have bloomed creating the perfect pink hue to contrast with the green trees. The day was perfect, but something was missing, or someone.

I wish Sana unnie was here with me.

Tzuyu walked down the street and saw familiar figure. The girl was short, and had a baby blue blouse on with short denims.

“Chaeyoung!” Tzuyu shouted.

The short girl turned around and smiled. Tzuyu ran towards the girl and stopped in front of her.

“You going to class?” Chaeyoung asked.

“Yup. Where’s Mina unnie? I thought you two were inseparable.”

“She should be here soon. I was just waiting for her to come here.” Chaeyoung said. Chaeyoung looked around, and then her expression changed. She had the biggest smile, and her eyes were twinkling with love. “And there she is.”

“Chaeyoung!” Mina screamed, well at least she tried to.

“Mina unnie!” Chaeyoung yelled back and ran towards her. The two hugged each other for the longest time.

“Mina unnie, I missed you so much!” Chaeyoung said with aegyo in her voice.

“Aww, I missed you too, my sweet cub!” Mina said as she pecked Chaeyoung’s lips.

Gross. Tzuyu made a gagging noise in the back.

“Tzuyu, you’re here too.” Mina smiled shyly.

“Yeah, thanks for noticing.” Tzuyu sulked.

The three walked towards their school through the beautiful pink path covered by petals of cherry blossoms, or, as Tzuyu thought, the couple walked together and Tzuyu just happened to be within 2 meters of them.

Tzuyu has been talking about Sana and what happened yesterday, but Mina and Chaeyoung were too busy being in their own world. They hugged and kissed and laughed, making Tzuyu feel out of place.

“Are you guys even listening to me?” Tzuyu yelled.

“Oh, sorry, Tzuyu.” Mina said apologetically.

“Whatever.” Tzuyu rolled her eyes. They don’t even care.

Mina and Chaeyoung resumed pecking each other.

If they kiss one more ing time. However, Tzuyu felt a little bit of jealousy. I wish I had someone with me too. Not someone, but Sana unnie. What an imperfect perfect day.

______________________________________________________________________________

The rest of the day went by slowly, and Tzuyu just wanted to fall asleep, so that when she woke up, she can meet Sana. She lied on her bed staring at the mundane ceiling. Just a few more hours, Tzuyu. You can make it. It was already 12:29 AM, but Tzuyu was too excited by the thought of meeting Sana that she couldn’t fall asleep.

I wonder how Sana unnie’s day was. I wonder what she’s doing now. She’s probably asleep at this hour. I mean, it is fairly late. I should get some slee-.

Katalk!

Tzuyu turned her face towards the source of the noise, and picked up her phone.

Who’s texting me this la- Sana unnie! Tzuyu immediately sat up and unlocked her phone.

Goddess-Nim: “Tzuyu, are you sleeping?”

Heol. She texted me first. Tzuyu’s heart wouldn’t stop beating. She adjusted herself in a comfortable position, and slid her hair behind her ears.

“No, unnie, I’m just in my bed. What’s up?”

Goddess-Nim: “Well, Tzuyu yah...”

“Yes, unnie?”

Goddess-Nim: “Do you want to walk together to school tomorrow?”

Heol! Of course! I would love to!

“Of course! Where do you want to meet?”

Goddess-Nim: “I’ll go to your place. I heard the weather forecast saying that it will rain tomorrow, so be sure to dress in thick clothing.”

“That sounds great, unnie! Will do!”

Goddess-Nim: “Alright, Tzuyu. See you tomorrow! Actually, see you in a few hours!”

“See you soon! Good night!”

Goddess-Nim: “Sweet dreams!”

But, nothing will be as sweet as you.

Tzuyu jumped back into bed and kicked her blanket into the air.

Oh my god! Sana unnie is going to pick me up. Pick me, pick me, pick me up! How am I supposed to fall asleep now? I’m so excited!

Tzuyu screeched in her blanket and repeatedly punched her bed.

“Shut up, Chou Tzuyu! Let me sleep!” Dahyun screamed from her room across.

“Sorry!” Tzuyu replied.

No matter the weather, it’ll be a perfect day, as long as Sana unnie is with me.

______________________________________________________________________________

Ring. Ring. Ring. Tzuyu jumped out of bed, and unlocked her phone. Finally!

Tzuyu ran to the bathroom and took a quick shower. Once she was done drying her hair, she walked over to her closet.

What style does Sana unnie like? Something cute? y? Classy?

She decided to try on every one of her clothes, and did a mini-fashion show in front of the mirror.

I can’t decide!

“Dahyun unnie!” Tzuyu screamed.

“What do you want?” Dahyun screamed back.

“I need your help! It’s an emergency!”

After a few loud footsteps, the door flew open, and with it, Dahyun came into Tzuyu’s room.

“Tzuyu, what do you- Oh my god! Tzuyu, wear something for God’s sake!” Dahyun covered her eyes with her hands.

“That’s why I called you over. I don’t know what to wear.” Tzuyu whined.

“Clothes, maybe?” Dahyun said.

This smartass of an unnie. “Seriously! I need your help. I don’t know what Sana unnie is going to like.”

“Oh, it’s about her.” Dahyun raised her eyebrows and put on a mischievous smile.

“Yes, it’s always about her. She’s gonna come pick me up soon. Now help me pick some clothes.”

“Okay, okay. Umm… Let’s see. How about this?” Dahyun picked up a yellow flowery blouse.

“Unnie, it’s raining today.”

“Okay, then let’s see… This?” Dahyun picked up a black Supreme sweatshirt.

“Isn’t it too dull?”

“I don’t know then. Honestly, you look good in anything with your superb height and body.”

“Aww, thanks!”

“Only if I had your height…” Dahyun whispered, scanning Tzuyu from head to toe jealously.

“What was that?” Tzuyu asked.

“Nothing!” Dahyun realized that she spoke her mind out loud. “But, really, you do look good in anything, so I suggest you just wear comfortably. That way, you don’t seem like you are going too overboard. Plus, it’s not even a date.”

Hmmm. I guess she is sort of right. I don’t wanna make Sana unnie think of me as a try hard.

“Alright, I will just wear what I would normally wear,” Tzuyu decided to wear the black Supreme sweatshirt and jeans.

Ring ring ring. As she finished putting on her clothes, Tzuyu’s phone rang. Tzuyu took out her phone and looked to see who was calling.

Sana unnie! Tzuyu quickly picked up her phone.

“Sana unnie!” Tzuyu answered cheerfully.

“Tzu- Tzuyu yah! I’m outside, but it’s raining a lot.” Sana said shivering.

“I’ll open the door, wait one second!” Tzuyu hung up the phone and prepared to run downstairs.

“Tzuyu, where are you going?” Dahyun asked.

“Sana unnie is freezing outside! She needs to come in!” Tzuyu over reacted.

Tzuyu ran as fast as she can towards the door and opened it.

“Hey!” Tzuyu tried to play it cool by leaning against the wall, but she was taken back by Sana, who jumped onto Tzuyu and gave her the biggest hug.

“Tzuyu yah! I missed you!”

“I- I missed you too, unnie.” Tzuyu’s face burned. Stay calm, Tzuyu. Stay calm. She has to be like this to everyone… Right?

As Sana’s armed loosened around Tzuyu’s neck and slid down, Tzuyu and Sana locked eyes. Their face was a few centimeters apart, and Tzuyu could feel Sana’s warm breath. Her eyes are as beautiful as always.

The two stood in comfortable silence, staring at each other when they were disturbed by a dark presence.

“Hi!”Dahyun had a wide grin, as she ran down the stairs.

Tzuyu and Sana jumped slightly and took a small step back, as they were surprised.

“Hi! You must be Dahyun.” Sana said.

“That’s me! Nice to meet you, Sana unnie. I heard a lot about you.”

“Oh really? I hope they were good things.” Sana chuckled.

“Sana unnie, we should go now or we are gonna be late.” Tzuyu slightly pulled Sana’s arm.

“Yeah, we don’t Professor Park to be pissed at you again.” Sana replied. “Bye, Dahyun! See you on Sunday!”

“Will do!” Dahyun said as the two left the house.

______________________________________________________________________________

Four days passed, and it was finally the long awaited Sunday.

“Dahyun unnie, we have to hurry! They are gonna be waiting for us!” Tzuyu screamed as she walked towards Dahyun’s room, and raised her fist in the air, ready to swing at the door to knock.

“I’m coming! Don’t rush me woman!” The door slammed open, and Dahyun came out of her room, when she made eye contact with Tzuyu. She stared at her eyes, then her fist, then her eyes, then back her fist.

“Tzu- Tzuyu unnie, I’m sorry. Please don’t hurt me” Dahyun stuttered and shriveled jokingly.

Tzuyu quickly put her hand down.

“Unnie, stop joking around! We really have to go.”

“Alright, alright. Let’s go then.” Tzuyu and Dahyun walked out of the house together.

About 10 minutes of walking later, Dahyun suddenly stopped all of her movement and held Tzuyu’s arm.

“Tzuyu yah… I’m not sure about this.”

Tzuyu turned around to face Dahyun, whose face was pale and had cold sweat forming on the top of her forehead. Her body was stiff and cold, and she was showing clear signs of nervousness.

“Unnie, it’s going to be fine.”

“No, it’s not, Tzuyu. Honestly, who would like me? I’m not pretty. I’m not funny. I’m not interesting like anyone else. I’m not social. I’m extremely shy. Who would even like me?” Dahyun looked at the ground as her vision started to cloud from the tears forming in her eye.

“Unnie!” Tzuyu held both of Dahyun’s cheeks lightly, and made Dahyun look at her in the eyes. “You’re cute. You’re gorgeous. You’re hilarious. You may be weird at times, but that’s your charm. You are the kindest person I know. You looked out for me when everyone abandoned me. You made the current me possible.” Tzuyu pulled Dahyun in for a hug. “Don’t ever tell yourself that ever again.”

Dahyun closed her eyes and squeezed one tear drop out of her eyes and smiled. “Thanks, Tzuyu.”

Tzuyu released Dahyun out of her arms, and wiped Dahyun’s tear off of her cheeks. “Plus, Momo unnie really wants to meet you.”

“What if I don’t meet her expectations?” Dahyun asked with concern and a little bit of doubt in her eyes.

“You don’t have to meet anyone’s expectation. Also, I’m 271% sure she will like you.”

“Are you really sure?”

“Positive. Now let’s go, they’re waiting for us.” Tzuyu smiled reassuringly.

The two walked for a couple of minutes, and they were finally in front of a small cafe.

“This is it, unnie, We’re here.” Tzuyu said, as she turned her head to look at Dahyun, who was busy taking deep breaths. “Are you ready?”

Dahyun took one last deep breath. “Yeah. I’m ready.”

Dahyun and Tzuyu walked inside the cafe, which was perfumed with the aroma of freshly roasted coffee. Turning her head from side to side, Tzuyu tried to look around for Sana and Momo, to which she found them smiling and waving their hands to signal where they were.

“There they are.” Tzuyu smiled, letting her white teeth shine, and grabbed Dahyun’s hands to pull her to where they were.

Sana unnie is beautiful as always.

“Hey!” Sana sprung out of her seat and jumped to hug Tzuyu tightly. “So glad to see you!”

“Same, unnie.” Tzuyu hugged Sana back.

Ravishing. Her hair smells really sweet. What shampoo does she use? Wait, that’s creepy of me.

Sana turned her face to Dahyun and let go of one arm to wave at Dahyun while the other hand was still hugging Tzuyu. “It’s great to see you again, Dahyun.”

“It’s nice to see you too.” Dahyun awkwardly smiled.

Momo quickly stood up and reached out for Dahyun to shake her hand. “Hey, you’re more gorgeous in person. I’m Momo, Hirai Momo.”

Dahyun blushed and shook Momo’s hand. “Thank you. I’m Kim Dahyun.”

The four took their seats, Momo in front of Dahyun, and Sana in front of Tzuyu.

“So, now that we got the formalities out of the way.” Clapping her hands together, Sana spoke out first. “We should order something! What would you guys like?”

Instantaneously, two voices were heard. “Affogato.” Surprised by the similarity in taste, Dahyun and Momo found themselves looking at each other with eyes wide open to which both their faces burned. Both Dahyun and Momo’s eyes wandered off to far corners of the room, and the two chuckled being embarrassed.

“Well, well, well. I don’t think we need to be here, Tzuyu.” Sana teased the two.

Dahyun peeked at Momo from the corner of her eyes, to which she found her doing the same. Their eyes met once again, and they both chuckled. It was like being a kindergartener having a crush all over again.

“Yeah, why are we here?” Tzuyu teased with her eyebrows furrowed, putting on a false judging look.

You go, unnie!

“Tzuyu, come order with me?” Sana asked, but it was more like a calm command that Tzuyu had no intention or desire to reject.

“Sure.” Tzuyu quickly stood up and followed Sana. Tzuyu stared at Sana’s back and her hair waving from the side to side slightly with each motion Sana made.

God, I can watch her all day.

Tzuyu caught up to Sana at the cash register and the two looked up at the menu.

“Tzuyu, what would you like?” Sana turned her face back to look at Tzuyu from the corner of her eyes.

“Mmmm.” Tzuyu hummed as she thought about what to order. “I don’t know, what are you getting?”

“I’m probably going to get something sweet today.” Sana said as she smiled and stared intensely at Tzuyu.

Tzuyu’s face turned bright red from the way Sana was looking at her. Tzuyu coughed slightly to clear . “I’ll have something sweet too, then.”

“Is iced caramel macchiato good?” Sana asked.

“Yeah…” Tzuyu said. It’s not sweet enough compared to you.

Sana turned back to face the cashier, “Hi, I’ll have two affogato and two iced caramel macchiato, please.”

Tzuyu opened her black purse and took out her wallet.

“No, no, Tzuyu. You don’t need to.” Sana urged, as she grabbed Tzuyu’s hand.

“It’s okay, unnie. I got this.”

“No, it’s okay. I own this cafe. It’s on me.”

“Oh…” Tzuyu remembered how rich Sana and Momo’s family was. “This cafe is also your family’s?”

“Yup.” Sana smiled, as Tzuyu slowly put away her wallet and closed her purse.

After ordering, the two waited in the side for their drinks to come out.

“So, what do you think about the two?” Sana asked while leaning on the wall.

“I think they fit each other well. They definitely have similar taste, and they have matching personality.”

“Yeah, I think so too.”

The two stood in silence once again.

“Do you think we should give them space?” Sana asked again.

“What do you mean?”

“You know… They should really get to know each other. They might want to do something, and we might be a distraction or an obstacle.”

“Hmmm… I get what you mean, but I’m worried about Dahyun unnie. She gets nervous easily, and she isn’t good at talking with strangers.”

“Ahh… I see. The reason why I’m saying this is because Momo asked me to leave after finishing our drinks. I think she really likes Dahyun.”

“I understand, but I’m really wor-” Katalk! “ried abou-” Katalk! “t her.” Katalk! “I’m really sorry. Let me just check this.”

Sana chuckled. “It’s fine.”

Tzuyu unlocked her phone to read the messages.

Dubu: “Chou Tzuyu!”

Dubu: “Can you take Sana unnie and leave us?”

Dubu: “Thanks!”

Tzuyu smirked. “Never mind. We should leave them.”

Sana smiled and hugged Tzuyu’s arm. “Was it Dahyun?”

“Yeah, I think she likes Momo unnie too.”

“Yay! We should leave after we get our drinks.”

“We should.”

“Sana-nim, your order’s ready.” the barista said.

“Ooh, our drinks are here!” Sana said as she pulled Tzuyu’s hand.

We’re holding hands!

The two held the drinks in each hand and slowly walked towards their seat, only to find Momo and Dahyun laughing.

“What were you guys talking about?” Tzuyu said as she gave Dahyun her affogato and took a seat.

“Oh, it’s nothing.” Dahyun replied.

“Yeah, it’s a secret.” Momo added.

“Oh, a secret between you two?” Sana asked.

Momo and Dahyun looked at each other in the eye.

“I guess, you can say that.” Momo said. “By the way Sana, didn’t you have somewhere to be right now?”

“I do?” Sana replied and suddenly she jumped. “I do!”

“Oh yeah! Tzuyu, you told me you had to go somewhere too!” Dahyun added on.

“I did?” As soon as she said that, she felt Dahyun kick her leg under that table. “I do!”

“Wow, that is a shame!” Momo said. “We’re so sad that you guys can’t stay!”

“Yeah, we truly are!” Dahyun added.

Sana and Tzuyu looked at each other and smirked.

“We’re sad to leave too, but we really have to go.” Tzuyu frowned exaggeratingly.

“We’re totally not getting kicked out or anything like that.” Sana added on sarcastically, while she held Tzuyu’s hand and walked out.

“Have fun!” Tzuyu said.

______________________________________________________________________________

Sana and Tzuyu still held each other’s hand and walked out of the cafe.

“So, now what?” Tzuyu asked.

“I don’t know… The weather is amazing today, though.” Sana replied while looking at the clear sky.

“It sure is.”

“Do you want to go anywhere?”

Into your heart, that’s where.

“Hmmm… I don’t know. Do you have anything in mind?”

“I don’t care where, as long as it’s with you.” Sana turned her face to Tzuyu, which caused her hair to flick in the most majestic way.

Did she just say that? Tzuyu felt her heart race because of Sana’s sudden confession. She quickly took a sip of her iced caramel macchiato to cool her burning face and look as natural as possible.

“Wanna go shopping?” Tzuyu suggested.

“Sure! Sounds like fun.”

______________________________________________________________________________

After riding the subway for 15 minutes, the two got off at Samseong station.

“We’re finally here! COEX Mall!” Sana shouted and grabbed Tzuyu’s hand.

“Where do you wanna go first?” Tzuyu asked.

“Hmmm, let’s go to Wonder Place first!”

Sana and Tzuyu walked through the huge entrance and went down the escalator to floor B1.

“You know, I can come here everyday, and I will always manage to get lost.” Sana chuckled.

Tzuyu laughed. “Isn’t that most people, though?”

“Do you know where Wonder Place is?” Sana asked.

“Hmmm… It should be down the left corner from here.” Tzuyu replied confidently, to which it really was there.

“You’re so smart, Tzuyu! How do you remember this?”

“I’ve been here a lot.” Tzuyu said.

The pair walked around the store looking for cute clothes, still holding each other’s hand.

“Tzuyu yah, what do you think about this sweater?”

Sana picked up a yellow and navy striped sweater that read, “Sometimes you will.”

“It looks pretty, unnie.”

“Really?” Sana said. “Try it on!”

“Me?” Tzuyu asked.

“Yeah, I think it will look good on you.”

“Okay, I will try it on later. Let me pick some clothes for you too, then.”

“Sure.” Sana hugged Tzuyu’s arm.

Tzuyu’s face turned red again. I can never get used to this.

Tzuyu moved down the aisle with Sana still attached to her arm.

“Unnie, how about this?”

Tzuyu picked up a yellow floral one piece dress.

“I like it!”

Tzuyu and Sana went on line to the fitting room.

“The line is so long.” Sana whined.

“Yeah, it’s a Sunday so everyone is here.” Tzuyu agreed.

“Can’t we just go in the same room and change to save time?” Sana jokingly suggested.

Tzuyu’s cheeks burned once again. I ing wish! No, stop, Tzuyu. Clean thoughts. Clean thoughts. Stop imagining.

Tzuyu awkwardly laughed. “It would save time.”

After some time, the line shrunk and they were both in separate fitting rooms.

“Tzuyu yah, are you ready?” Sana asked.

“Yeah, I’m done changing.”

“Okay, on the count of three, come out then.”

“Okay.”

“1, 2, 3!”

The two came out their fitting rooms with the clothes they selected for each other.

Tzuyu stared intensely at Sana from head to toe and back.

She’s definitely a goddess.

“You look gorgeous, unnie!” Tzuyu said as gaped in awe.

“Thanks.” Sana chuckled, as her face turned slightly red from the compliment. Sana did a little twirl to show Tzuyu the different angles of the clothes.

“What do you think about the sweater?” Tzuyu asked.

“You look hot.” Sana said having a little smirk.

“Thanks.” Tzuyu got shy from the compliment.

The two went back inside the fitting room to change back to their own clothes.

“I’ll buy that sweater for you, Tzuyu.” Sana said.

“No, it’s okay. You don’t need to.” Tzuyu urged.

“No, it’s fine. It’s a gift for being a great friend.”

A friend… Yeah, that’s what we are… Tzuyu, that’s reality... But, why do I want more? Unnie, I might not be a great friend, after all.

“I’ll buy that dress for you then! My gift.” Tzuyu insisted.

The two bought the clothes for each other as a gift and left the store. The two were still holding each other’s hand, and it started to feel natural to do so.

“Where to next?” Tzuyu asked.

“Let’s go to Kakao Friends Shop!” Sana replied excitedly.

The pair walked happily while Sana was talking about how much she wanted to get a Ryan doll.

“Ryan is so cute!” Sana squealed.

“Haha, he really is. You must like him a lot.”

“I really do, but it’s okay, Tzuyu. I like you more.” Sana chuckled.

Tzuyu couldn’t stop smiling hearing those words.

Does she mean what she says? Does she really like me? Does she like me as a friend or does she like like me?

“I like you too, Sana unnie.” Tzuyu chuckled awkwardly.

Sana hugged Tzuyu’s arm tighter.

“You better mean it!” Sana jokingly said.

I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

Sana and Tzuyu finally arrived at Kakao Friends Shop, and saw gigantic Ryan statue holding a big heart.

“Let’s take a picture!” Sana pulled Tzuyu towards a person near the statue of Ryan.

“Excuse me, can you take a picture of us, please?” Sana asked a tall girl who was holding a Ryan plushie.

“Sure!” the girl replied.

Tzuyu grabbed her phone and was about to hand her her phone when suddenly she paused.

“Tzuyu unnie!” the girl jumped in excitement.

“Somi yah! What are you doing here?” Tzuyu was surprised to see a familiar face in this big mall.

“I was just here buying some gift for my girlfriend.” Somi answered.

“You have a girlfriend?” Tzuyu replied. “Since when?”

“Haha, fairly recently. I will introduce her to you one day. You’ll be shocked.”

“Okay, I’ll love to meet her one day.”

“So, what brings you here?” Somi looked at Sana and back at Tzuyu. Somi went close to Tzuyu’s ear and whispered. “On a date with your girlfriend?”

Tzuyu blushed. “No, it’s not like that she’s… just a friend.”

“Haha, doesn’t look like it’s just a friend.” Somi teased.

“Shut up.” Tzuyu whispered.

“Alright.” Somi backed away. “Hi, I’m Jeon Somi. I’m Tzuyu unnie’s hoobae.”

“Hi, I’m Minatozaki Sana.” The two shook hands.

“Well, you guys should pose with Ryan. I’ll take the picture.” Somi said.

Sana and Tzuyu went on each side of Ryan and did a normal V pose.

“No no no. Get closer!” Somi said as she squished her hand together.

Sana and Tzuyu looked at each other in the eyes and stepped in front of Ryan and next to each other.

“Say cheese!” Somi said.

“Cheese!” Tzuyu and Sana said.

“No no no. Even closer! Hug each other or something! Not that V, anything else. Show me how close you two are!” Somi put Tzuyu’s phone down. “I’m not just trying to take a photo here. I’m making art. So you two better pose better!”

Sana and Tzuyu stared at each other again and blushed. To Tzuyu’s surprise, Sana suddenly pulled Tzuyu in even closer. With one swift motion, Sana went on her toes and her lips met Tzuyu’s cheek. It was as if there was lava pouring on her right cheek. The intensity and heat was on a whole new level, and Tzuyu never felt like this before. The shocking sensation went through her spine, giving her the chills. Tzuyu’s eyes were wider than they have ever been and her mind went blank. It was as if her soul left her body.

“Great! That’s it!” Somi shouted as she took the photo. “Uhhhh… Sana unnie, you can stop now. I already took the photo.”

Sana went back on her feet and smiled. “Oh.”

“That was great, unnie!” Somi laughed and high fived Sana.

Tzuyu was still frozen in place, not moving a single muscle. She wasn’t even breathing.

“Unnie?” Somi walked closer to Tzuyu to give her her phone back. “Hello?”

Tzuyu finally woke up and took her phone. “Thank you.”

Somi smiled and whispered. “I got you, unnie!”

“Thank you.” Tzuyu repeated.

“Well, bye, unnies! It was great to see you two!” Somi waved her hands as she walked away.

“Bye!” Sana waved back.

Did that just happen? Oh my God! Oh my God! Heavenly father, thank you for this wonderful day! Thank you, Somi!

“I’m sorry. Did I surprise you?” Sana asked nervously.

“No, no. It’s fine. It really is.” Tzuyu couldn’t stop smiling. “I was just a bit shocked.”

Sana smiled too and looked at her feet, completely forgetting about buying a Ryan doll from the store.

“Can you send me the photo too?” Sana softly asked.

“Yeah, of course!” Tzuyu said as she quickly sent the photo to Sana.

I’m definitely saving this photo as my wallpaper.

______________________________________________________________________________

After the two had finished shopping, it was already 8 P.M. The pair walked the path they walked on the night they first met. The familiar breeze, and the familiar sky, and the familiar trees. Everything in the neighborhood was familiar, but they all felt new. Being with Sana made everything in Tzuyu’s life special. Every little aspect about this street was now tainted with Sana.

“We’re almost there.” Sana suddenly spoke.

“Yeah… We are…” Tzuyu was clearly disappointed.

Hand by hand, step by step, the two walked the quiet street slower and slower as the destination neared. Unfortunately, in no time, the two had arrived in front of Tzuyu’s house.

“We’re here.” Sana said.

“Yeah… We are…”

“I had fun today.

“Me too.”

“Is something wrong?”

Everything. The fact that I won’t be with you. How am I going to survive?

“It’s nothing.”

“There’s definitely something. You can tell me, honestly.” Sana grabbed both of Tzuyu’s hands with her’s and made Tzuyu look at her in the eyes.

I swear I can’t lie to her.

“I’ll miss you.”

“Aww… I’ll miss you too, Tzuyu.”

“No, I’ll really miss you.”

Sana and Tzuyu stared deeply at each other.

“I have something to tell you, too.” Sana said.

Sana went on her toes and slightly kissed Tzuyu’s cheek and whispered. “I’ll miss you more.”

Tzuyu felt the wave of lava on her cheek again.

“See you in class tomorrow!” Sana shouted as she ran backwards, waving her arms.

Tzuyu couldn’t say anything, so she just waved her hands back awkwardly.

Oh. My. God. I’m in love. My feelings. I can’t stop it anymore.

Tzuyu mindlessly turned around and walked inside her house.

“Dahyun unnie! I’m home!” Tzuyu tried to shout, but there was no response. “Unnie, you here?”

Tzuyu unlocked her phone to call Dahyun, but there was already a message from her.

Dubu: “Tzuyu, I’m gonna be late. ;)”

I thought she was highkey religious? Whatever, it’s a good day for everyone.

Tzuyu changed out of her clothes and went straight to bed.

At least I can meet Sana unnie in class tomorrow.

Tzuyu unlocked her phone and stared at the wallpaper.

Thank you, Somi, for this amazing picture.

Tzuyu set up her alarm clock to 8A.M. and fell asleep.

______________________________________________________________________________

The warm sunlight peeked between the curtains and onto Tzuyu’s eyes. She turned her body around and planted her face on her pillow. She sighed, while stretching her hand out towards her phone, as she tried to feel her way to her phone. When she grabbed her phone, she slightly opened her eyes to check the time.

9:56

“Wait… 9:56!” Tzuyu jumped out of her bed and quickly ran for the bathroom.

I could’ve sworn I set up an alarm for 8. Did I sleep through it?

Tzuyu quickly got dressed in a white V-neck knit sweater and beige mini skirt and ran downstairs to find Dahyun humming peacefully as she spread her toast with strawberry jam like an artisan.

“Unnie, I’m late again!” Tzuyu yelled as she picked up her purse and took Dahyun’s toast. “Sorry again, unnie!” Tzuyu screamed as she ran out of the house.

“That took me 30 minutes, Chou Tzuyu! 30 freaking minutes! Who am I even talking to? She didn’t even bring her school supplies.” Dahyun said. “Wait, what does she mean by again?”

Dahyun fell in silence thinking about what Tzuyu meant, but then she suddenly gasped. “Did she steal my bacon?”

______________________________________________________________________________

Tzuyu ran down the street, while taking small bites of her toast.

It’s burnt again and it needs more jam.

Tzuyu took her phone out to check the time, only to find that it was 10:07.

, Sana unnie is going to judge me.

Feeling out of breath, Tzuyu slowed down her pace, only to find the usual two making out again.

“ing God, I told you to stop making out in public!” Tzuyu screamed while covering her eyes.

“Mind your own business, Chou Tzuyu.” Chaeyoung said.

“Chaeng, be nice to your friend.” Mina said elegantly, as she patted Chaeyoung’s head.

“Unnie, not in front of her.” chaeyoung whined.

“Why are you in a rush?” Mina asked Tzuyu.

“I’m late for class again. Bye! See you soon!” Tzuyu yelled as she picked up her speed again and left.

“Isn’t it the first day of class today?” Mina asked Chaeyoung.

“Yeah, it is.”

“Then what does she mean by again?”

“Who knows?”

“Shouldn’t you be going to classes too?”

“I should, but I want to be with you, unnie.” Chaeyoung said as she hugged Mina tightly.

“Chaeng, go to class first, and then we can continue.”

“But-”

“No buts. You can get that later.” Mina smirked.

“Fine.”

______________________________________________________________________________

Tzuyu took the last bite of Dahyun’s stolen toast, and stared at the clock. 10:23.

, I’m late again.

Tzuyu slowly opened the door to make sure no one can notice her, but unfortunately, Professor Park and Tzuyu’s eyes met.

“Ah, I see we got our first slacker. Please take a seat, miss.” Professor Park said.

“Sorry.” Tzuyu said as she looked around to find Sana.

There she is!

Tzuyu smiled and quickly took a seat next to her. Sana was wearing a plain black t-shirt with jeans.

Simple, yet beautiful, as always.

Tzuyu stared at Sana, waiting for her to notice her presence.

Is she mad that I came to class late? Why isn’t she saying hi?

“Hey, Sana unnie!” Tzuyu decided to speak first.

Sana looked up at Tzuyu and made a confused expression.

“I’m really sorry, but do I know you?” Sana asked.

“Haha, good joke, unnie. I’m sorry for being late.”

Sana’s eyebrows furrowed and tilted her head slightly to the side.

“I’m really sorry, but I don’t think I know you.”

“Unnie, what do you mean? I think this joke is going a bit too far right now.” Tzuyu chuckled nervously.

Is this something to be this mad about?

“I’m really sorry, but I need to concentrate on the lecture.” Sana explained as she went back to taking notes.

Tzuyu just stared at Sana’s face, just as confused. Ultimately, she gave up and decided to listen to the lecture too. Tzuyu looked carefully through her purse, only to realize that she left her school supplies at home.

What the ? I could’ve sworn I had my stuff ready.

Tzuyu turned back to Sana and hesitated.

“Unnie, can I borrow a pen and paper again? I’m really sorry.”

Sana just stared at Tzuyu’s eyes and sighed. Sana ripped a paper from a notebook and gave her the paper along with a pen.

“Thanks!” Tzuyu smiled to which Sana completely ignored.

Why is she so mad?

Tzuyu carefully looked at the board and noticed how they were exactly the same as last week’s lecture. Didn’t we learn this already?

Tzuyu raised her hands to ask the professor. “Professor, didn’t we learn this last week?”

The professor stared at Tzuyu weirdly and finally answered. “Ma'am, today is the first day of our lesson. What do you mean last week? Put your hand back down.”

Tzuyu furrowed her eyebrows. The ? What does he mean today is the first day of class?

Tzuyu took out her phone to check the date. It’s definitely not the fir- what the ?!

Tzuyu wiped her eyes to make sure she wasn’t seeing things, but unfortunately her eyes were fine. It was indeed the first day of class. It was the day she first met Sana.

______________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Hey, everyone! First of all, thank you for reading my story. I never thought anyone would care to read it, honestly. So, thank you for all the views, subscribes, and the comments! It really means a lot! Second of all, I'm really sorry for the late update. I completely forgot I had midterms over the last two weeks, so I was busy with studying. Now that I finished my midterms, as of yesterday, I can focus more on writing. Third of all, I know that last week was a hard one for all the onces, but I believe through this, we can be a stronger community. I just hope that Mina is pulling it through and coping well. I also hope that our leader, God Jihyo, is feeling better. Anyways, thank you for reading!