Start of Something New

Checkpoint

The sunlight shined through the space between the curtains onto Tzuyu’s head. Tzuyu twisted her body to face away from the light, and covered her face with her thick blanket. She grunted and sighed, stretching her hand out towards her phone, still keeping her eyes closed. Tapping around the corner of her desk, she tried to feel her way to her phone. She slightly opened her eyes to check the time, and the blurry vision came into focus on her phone.

The wallpaper on her phone was of her dog, Gucci. She smiled a little, feeling homesick, but seeing her dog as the first thing in the morning was a great way to start a new day. She took a few seconds to think about the memories with Gucci back in Taiwan. The way they would bark at each other, as if they were having a conversation. Tzuyu obviously loved dogs, more than anything else in the world. Ever since she had her first phone, she always had a picture of her dog as the wallpaper, and nothing would change that. After drifting away in her memories, she realized why she turned her phone on in the first place. She put her focus away from her dog, and onto the time.

“9:56. . .” She sighed, “Wait, 9:56!”

Tzuyu jumped out of her bed, and ran towards the bathroom. She quickly brushed her teeth, while changing from her pink pajamas into a white blouse, and a black mini skirt. She ran downstairs tying her hair back into a ponytail, while Dahyun, her roommate, was humming in the kitchen, as she happily spread strawberry jam on her toast. Dahyun was a special person for Tzuyu. One might even say Dahyun practically saved her. When Tzuyu first moved to Seoul, she had know knowledge of the culture, nor the language. At the young age, she just wanted to travel, and learn something new. However, it wasn’t all easy and hopeful as she would’ve liked. Most people weren’t as kind as they were portrayed in the media. When she didn’t know where to go, or she didn’t understand something, there was no one to help her. It wasn’t until she moved to a new homestay hosted by Dahyun’s family. Dahyun was the friend Tzuyu needed. She would always be there for her, and when Tzuyu didn’t understand something, Dahyun would do all she can to help. Dahyun may not really seem like a good leader, but she was the best sunbae and unnie Tzuyu could’ve hoped for. When Tzuyu graduated high school, and decided to go to the same college as Dahyun, they decided to room together. Dahyun didn’t mind rooming with the freshman, since they lived under the same roof before.

“Tzuyu, what’s with the hurry?” Dahyun asked.

“First day of school, and I’m already running late.” Tzuyu screamed, as she rushed towards her purse. Tzuyu opened the front door and was about to run, but she suddenly paused.

“Sorry!” Tzuyu smiled, and she turned back to steal Dahyun’s skillfully crafted toast. Tzuyu quickly fled, while Dahyun screamed, “That took me 30 minutes, Chou Tzuyu! 30 freaking minutes!” She watched the door slowly close. “Who am I even talking to? … She didn’t even bring her school supplies…”

______________________________________________________________________________

Tzuyu ran down the street, while taking small bites of her toast. Dahyun wasn’t the best cook, but she does try to be. The toast was a little burnt, and the jam wasn’t applied thoroughly, but Tzuyu could never complain. Tzuyu took her phone out to check the time, only to find that it was 10:07. “.” She was already late. She slowed down her pace to catch her breath, and turned around the corner, when she was shocked to see two familiar faces kissing.

“The ! Mina unnie! Chaeyoung! Get a room!” Tzuyu covered her eyes with her hands.

“Oh, Tzuyu, haha, didn’t know you were there.” Mina blushed, trying to cover her red face with her hands. Mina was the popular girl in school that everyone admired. She was the nicest, the most innocent person in the world, and was considered untouchable by many. Even though everyone liked Mina, no one had the will, nor the courage to confess to her. However, the whole school shook one day when the goddess Mina, herself, confessed to Tzuyu’s best friend in front of the whole school.

“It’s… It’s none of your business, Chou Tzuyu. Just keep walking.” Chaeyoung stuttered.

Chaeyoung was a shy, sensitive child who tried to cover what she thought were her weaknesses with the image of being cold, and expressionless. Tzuyu was always curious about Chaeyoung, until Tzuyu found out Chaeyoung’s secret that Chaeyoung was into art, and most of all Mina. Tzuyu accidently discovered Chaeng’s numerous pages of lyrics and drawings of Mina in her sketchbook, one day in high school, which acted as a gateway, or an excuse, for Tzuyu to be close with Chaeyoung.

“Chaeng, don’t be so rude to your friend.” Mina patted Chaeyoung’s head and pecked a kiss on Chaeyoung’s cheeks.

“Mina unnie, not in front of her.” Chaeyoung whined.

Mina smiled her shining gummy smile, still patting the younger girl, and then faced Tzuyu. “Tzuyu, didn’t you say you had class today?”

“Yeah, I’m really late. I gotta go! Bye!” Tzuyu, started to sprint, then she turned around and screamed, “Don’t make out in the public!”

“I’ll do what I want, Chou Tzuyu!” Chaeng screamed back.

Mina watched Tzuyu disappear into the horizon. “Chaeyoung, don’t you have class too?”

“Unnie, I have all the class and swag, for I am the best rapper Seoul city will ever have.”

There was an awkward silence between the two. “Okay, I’ll go to class.” Chaeyoung whined.

Mina smiled showing approval of the answer.

______________________________________________________________________________

Tzuyu took the last bite of Dahyun’s stolen toast, and stared at the clock. 10:23. It was the first day of college, and she was already 23 minutes late. She questioned herself if she should just skip the class since she was late already, but she quickly changed her mind. “Better late than being absent.” She slowly opened the wooden door, only to face hundreds of eyes on her.

“Well, I guess we have our first slacker of the semester. Take a seat, miss.” Professor Park said.

“Sorry.” Tzuyu replied as she took the nearest empty seat in the back corner. She sighed, looking through her purse for a pen and a note pad. Her hands shuffled through the purse quicker with the realization that she forgot to pack her school supplies. Cold sweat started to form on her forehead, when suddenly someone tapped her shoulder, to which she turned around.

 

“Need a pen?” A brunette girl asked. Tzuyu was stunned by the girl’s beauty. She was wearing a plain white shirt, with skinny jeans. Her clothing style was simple, yet she was still shining. Her eyes were deep, and it was as if she was staring into Tzuyu, hypnotizing her. Her fluffy cheeks and her sparkling eyes, her flashing smile, everything about the girl was gorgeous. Tzuyu blanked out as she was drawn into the brunette.

“Hello?”

“Uh, sorry, yeah, I do need a pen. Thank you.” Tzuyu replied, as the brunette smiled.

Tzuyu received the pen, only to realize she didn’t have anything to write on.

“Um, excuse me, but can I borrow a piece of paper too?”

“Sure!”

“Thanks.”

Tzuyu started copying the notes on the board, but she was easily distracted by the girl’s beauty. Tzuyu took glimpses of the brunette through the corner of her eyes, but then they made eye contact. Tzuyu quickly looked away, and her face started to burn up. Tzuyu felt so embarrassed, and hoped that the girl wouldn’t notice her. However, today was just not her day.

The brunette smiled at Tzuyu, and she leaned closer to her. A bit too close for Tzuyu.

Oh crap, she noticed. She probably thinks I’m a creep. Tzuyu saw the girl’s mouth parting, as she embraced herself for whatever she had to confront.

“Is there something on my face?” the brunette asked.

Oh, well, yeah, something called beauty. Tzuyu thought to herself, instinctively. Wait. What? It wasn’t something Tzuyu was preparing for. Tzuyu thought the girl would be creeped, or angry, but it was none of that. Her tone was of sincere curiosity and concern.

“Oh, no. There’s nothing.”

“I see.” The girl seemed a little disappointed. “Well, then do you have something to say?”

You’re really beautiful. A goddess! Can I be your friend? No, I’m not worthy. Tzuyu’s head was running with millions of answers.

“It’s just that…” Tzuyu tried to think of a logical response. “I don’t think I introduced myself, Hi, I’m Chou Tzuyu.”

“That’s a pretty name, Tzuyu. I’m Minatozaki Sana. Nice to meet you.”

Sana… Your name is prettier. You are prettier. Sana… Tzuyu repeated the name in her head. The name was like a spell, as she couldn’t stop thinking about her.

______________________________________________________________________________

Class was dismissed, and all Tzuyu could think of was Sana. Tzuyu couldn’t tell if today was a good day or a bad one. She was late to class, but she was still able to meet Sana. Sana. Suddenly, her train of thought was lost when her phone rang. It was a message from Dahyun.

“Chou Tzuyu, you better buy me lunch for the price of that toast!”

Tzuyu sighed, and she decided to meet with Dahyun to buy her lunch. She did feel sorry for taking her toast, so it was the least she can do. Tzuyu stepped out of the lecture hall, typing on her phone saying where they should meet, when a cold, soft hand grabbed her’s. Tzuyu turned around to find Sana smiling at her. Her heart stopped.

“Hey, Tzuyu, are you doing anything today?”

“Um…” Tzuyu hesitated. “I was planning to meet with my roommate for lunch.”

“Oh…” Sana looked disappointed. “I was going to ask if you wanted to go have lunch with me, but I guess you have plans.”

Without a second to think, Tzuyu said, “No! I would love to go!”

“Are you sure? What about your roommate?”

“She’ll be fine, I can always go with her at another time.”

Sana laughed. “Sounds great, and, uh, can I use your phone for a second?”

Tzuyu quickly lent Sana her phone with her hand shaking viciously. Sana started to type something, and a second later, there was a ring coming from Sana’s pocket. Sana took her phone out and smiled.

“That’s my number. I will call you later.” Sana smiled, and left to her next class.

Tzuyu couldn’t stop smiling. I have a goddess’s phone number. I’m going to eat lunch with a goddess. Today, definitely, is a good day. Tzuyu stared at Sana’s number.

Name… Goddess-nim. Tzuyu saved the number to her contact’s list, and smiled.

However, Tzuyu realized what she just did. Tzuyu quickly deleted her text to Dahyun, and instead sent her another message. “I’m really sorry, but I need to cancel our plan. I will tell you about it later! I’ll buy dinner, though. Pizza, call?”

Tzuyu felt sorry for Dubu, but then again, it was just toast. Dahyun can always make more.

______________________________________________________________________________

Tick... Tock… Tick… Tock… Tzuyu watched the needle of the clock move slowly. Each second felt like an hour, and with each tick of the needle, her heart raced faster and faster. It was 1:48 and Tzuyu was in the restaurant for 18 minutes. Sana and Tzuyu planned to meet in the restaurant at 2 P.M., but Tzuyu did not have the patience. She wanted to impress Sana by being there early.

However, Tzuyu didn’t realize that it would be even more torturous for her to wait. Tzuyu couldn’t stay still. Her usual proper posture was gone, and she would fidget her fingers, and shake her legs in anxiety. She deeply inhaled, in order to remain calm. The aroma of cheap ramen and spicy rice cakes filled the room, but Tzuyu wasn’t able to concentrate on that.

The room was crowded with high schoolers, and college students who just finished class, and needed a quick, cheap meal. The red plastic chairs and tables weren’t sturdy, and Tzuyu started to feel that the place didn’t do justice for a perfect being like Sana.

Clink. With the sound of the bells ringing, signaling someone was entering, Tzuyu, filled with anticipation, quickly turned her head, but was quickly disappointed.

More high schoolers. Tzuyu thought. Don’t they have better place to be? Shouldn’t they be studyi- Clink. Tzuyu turned her head again towards the door with greater anticipation, but to her surprise it was another familiar face in a white and black polka dot blouse, and a black skirt.

“Huh? Tzuyu! What are you doing here?” Nayeon screeched with excitement.

“Unnie! Hey, it’s long time no see!” Tzuyu replied. Nayeon was Tzuyu’s sunbae from high school and also her tutor. She was the valedictorian of her class, so Nayeon always helped Tzuyu when she needed help.

“Omo, is that my baby?” A loud booming voice roared from a light brown haired girl walking behind Nayeon. She ran towards Tzuyu, and basically tackled her. The girl hugged Tzuyu, nearly choking her, and showered her with kisses on the cheeks and forehead.

“Jihyo unnie, please stop! I’m not a baby!” Tzuyu whined.

“What are you talking about! You are forever my baby!” Jihyo screamed. Jihyo was basically Tzuyu’s mom while she was in Korea. Jihyo was always protective of Tzuyu, making sure no guys ever flirted with her, making sure she does all her homework, and making sure she is safe and in her house. It was an obsession. Jihyo took a seat next to Tzuyu, while Nayeon sat in front of her. Behind Nayeon was a new face Tzuyu never saw. She was tall, and had very short hair. She wore a black Stussy shirt, with black skinny jeans, and a pair of Bred 11s. The girl carefully sat next to Nayeon.

“So, what brings you here, Tzuyu? You never go to fast food restaurants or any place that serves food with MSG in it.” Nayeon asks.

“Yes, please, do tell!” Jihyo adds on.

“Well, I’m supposed to meet this girl here soon.” Tzuyu replied.

“Omo, a girl? A girlfriend, perhaps?” Nayeon teased.

“What? A girlfriend? That can’t be! My baby is growing up too fast” Jihyo cried.

“No no no, it’s nothing like that! I just met her today. She’s a classmate.” Tzuyu explained, taking glimpses of the girl in black, trying to figure who she was, and why she was sitting here.

“Oh, that’s my girlfriend, Jeongyeon-” Nayeon said.

“Hey” Jeongyeon awkwardly spoke out.

“Hi” Tzuyu replied even more awkwardly.

“But that’s not important! Tzuyu explain, is this girl pretty?” Jihyo asked.

“Gorgeous” Tzuyu shyly replied.

“Omo, you have a thing for her?” Nayeon quickly spoke.

“I’m… not sure… She’s really pretty, and I really just met her. I just want to be her friend. She should really be coming soon. It was great to see you, unnies, but please, can you guys… you know… not embarrass me? I really want to get to know her.”

“Pfft. Us? Embarrassing? Tzuyu, please, we are the complete opposite of that!” Nayeon explained.

“Yeah! Well, actually, Nayeon unnie might be a little bit too much, but me? Never!” Jihyo added.

“Hey!” Nayeon smacked Jihyo’s back lightly.

“It’s okay, I love every aspect of you.” Jeongyeon quietly told Nayeon.

“That’s very sweet of you, sweetie, but there is a time and place for everything, and now is not the time.” Nayeon said.

Tzuyu rolled her eyes to look at the clock. 2:01.

“Unnies, it was really good to see you, but she’s gonna be here any minute now, please leave!” Tzuyu cried.

“No, no, Tzuyu, it’s fine, your friends can stay, too.” A sweet, familiar voice spoke behind Tzuyu.

“Sana! When did you get here?” Tzuyu nervously said, quickly turning around to see Sana. Sana was smiling at Tzuyu, and Tzuyu couldn’t read Sana’s expression. She couldn’t tell how much Sana had overheard, but she hoped Sana didn’t hear much.

“Don’t worry, I just got here, I didn’t hear anything.” Sana smirked. “Why? Were you talking about me?”

“No, no, of course not. I was just saying bye to my sunbaes. They have somewhere to be right now.” Tzuyu said, not being able to keep a straight face. “Right?”

Jihyo and Nayeon looked at each other and smiled. “No, it’s fine, we can stay for a bit. I mean, we did just get here.” Nayeon laughed.

“Oh, really? Haha, that’s great,” Tzuyu said with grief and anger filled in her eyes. “But Sana might feel uncomfortable, so-”

“No, it’s fine, really. Please stay, I would love to get to know your sunbaes.” Sana smiled, as she sat down next to Tzuyu.

“Well, that’s very nice of you!.” Jihyo said.

“Thank you!” Sana answered.

Jihyo and Nayeon introduced themselves to Sana as Tzuyu’s favorite sunbaes, though Tzuyu was having second thought on that.

“Hi, I’m Minatozaki Sana. I’m from Japan, and I am 21 years old.”

“Wait, you are 21? Omo, unnie!” Jihyo screamed, surprised that Tzuyu’s friend would be older than her.

Tzuyu was shocked as well. Wait, she’s older than me?

“No, it’s okay, don’t call me unnie. I have a really late birthday, and you are the sunbae.” Sana explained.

“Then we should be friends!” Jihyo screamed. “I have an early birthday, and all of my friends are 96’s.”

“Yes, that sounds great! Call me whatever you feel comfortable with.” Sana smiled.

Wait… Sana was older than me… And she just became friends with Jihyo unnie just like that… Tzuyu’s face was filled with worries. She couldn’t believe that Jihyo unnie could become friends with the goddess in less than 2 minutes of meeting her. Also, then what does that make Tzuyu. I can’t be friends with Sana… unnie now.

Tzuyu’s stared down at her lap, clearly showing signs of being depressed, and Nayeon did not miss the sign.

“Um, actually, we do have somewhere to be right now.” Nayeon said.

“We do?” Jihyo looked at Nayeon, who was glaring at Jihyo, giving her the sign to get up. “Oh, yeah! We do! Well, would you look at the time! It was really nice to meet you Sana, maybe next time we can hang out.”

Nayeon, Jeongyeon, and Jihyo quickly stood up, and said farewell to Sana and Tzuyu. Tzuyu and Nayeon locked eye contact, and Nayeon smiled at her. Tzuyu understood what Nayeon wanted to say, and thanked her for giving her space by smiling back at her.

Tzuyu saw the three leave the restaurant, and she was stuck alone in awkward silence with Sana.

Tzuyu kept wondering what she had to call Sana now, when suddenly Sana broke the silence first.

“You have really cool sunbaes. It was nice to talk to them!”

Tzuyu slowly faced Sana and stared in her eyes.

“Umm yeah. They are cool… but then again, they can be annoying. Haha.”

The silence swept the room again, and the awkwardness was choking Tzuyu.

“Um… Is there something wrong, Tzuyu?” Sana asked.

“Uh… no, no. Everything is fine.”

“Are you sure? Am I bothering you?”

“No! Definitely not! It’s just that… well… honestly… I really want to get to know you well, but… I don’t know what to call you by. Since you are the unnie, and now Jihyo unnie’s friend, I’m not sure what we are, or what we can be… You know?”

Sana chuckled. “Tzuyu, you are so cute!”

Tzuyu’s face was burning, and she couldn’t keep her head up. Then, Tzuyu felt a cold, soft sensation on each of her cheek. Sana lightly held Tzuyu’s cheeks, and made Tzuyu look at her in the eyes. Sana’s eyes were still the same deep, beautiful, brown eyes.

“Tzuyu, don’t worry about the age! Of course, we can be friends, too! Call me whatever you want me to. Unnie, Sana, anything is fine, really. Also… I want to get to know you well, too. I mean, that is why I asked you to have lunch with me, after all. So, don’t you ever worry about that, okay?”

Tzuyu couldn’t say a word. Her heart was beating faster and faster. Tzuyu held her breath, without her even noticing, Tzuyu just quickly nodded her head, to which Sana smiled.

“Good!”

As Sana let Tzuyu’s face go, Tzuyu took a deep breath, and grabbed her chest. What was that?

“Hello, my name is- Sana? What are you doing here?” A blonde waitress suddenly jumped on to Sana and hugged her.

Tzuyu squinted her eyes trying to process what was going on. Who is she? Why is she hugging this goddess? Who does she think she is? Tzuyu’s blood was boiling, as she felt immense rage and jealousy.

“Momo! I was going to surprise you!” Sana squealed as she hugged the blonde harder.

Tzuyu stared at Sana, then the blonde, then back to Sana, when their eyes met.

“Oh.” Sana let go of the blonde and smiled. “Tzuyu, this is my cousin, Hirari Momo. She’s the owner of this store. Momo, this is Tzuyu, she’s my friend from college.”

Stupid Tzuyu! Why did you overthink this? Of course, she could be her family member. Also, why does that even matter?

“Hi, Tzuyu, I’m Momo. Pleasure to meet you!” Momo wiped her hand on the apron and reached out for Tzuyu.

“Hi, pleasure to meet you too.” Tzuyu awkwardly laughed and shook Momo’s hand.

“So what brings you guys here?” Momo smiled.

“We were just planning to eat lunch, and I was hoping you can hook us up with some free food?” Sana smiled at Momo.

“Free? I’m not sure about that Sana.” Momo teased.

“Please?” Sana blinked her eyes as fast as she can. “If you don’t, neomuhae neomuhae!”

“I don’t know Sana. Your aegyo doesn’t work on me.” Momo smiled.

Well, it hella worked on me. How can you refuse this cute chipmunk?

“Tzuyu, do you have anything you can provide?” Momo winked at Tzuyu.

“Me? Uh…” Tzuyu got nervous. She didn’t know what to do.

“No aegyo?” Momo teased even more.

“Haha, Momo stop. You’re making her uncomfortable. Tzuyu, you don’t need to listen to her.”

“Well, I mean, then, I can’t give you guys free food.” Momo chuckled to herself.

“How about a date?” Tzuyu blurted out anything on her mind.

Sana’s eyes widened, and so did Momo’s.

“Wow, that’s very direct of you, Tzuyu. I… I don’t know… We only just met-”

“Not me, but my roommate.” Tzuyu took out her phone, and showed Momo a picture of Dahyun.

Momo carefully examined the picture of the orange haired girl, making finger hearts at the camera, in an orange dinosaur onesie.

“Hmmm... It’s a deal!” Momo stood up straight.

“Really?” Tzuyu was shocked. Someone can actually fall for her?

“Wow! Thanks, Tzuyu!” Sana smiled brightly.

“Your roommate is hot!” Momo blushed.

Ew.

“I can tell we are gonna be the best of friends, Tzuyu!” Momo said, as she reached to hug Tzuyu.

“Oh no you don’t!” Sana stood up and pushed Momo’s forehead and stopped her from getting any closer to Tzuyu. “ Stop making her feel uncomfortable, Momo!” Sana sat back down on her chair. “And she’s my friend!”

Yeah, you heard her. I’m her friend. I’m friends with this goddess.

“Shouldn’t you be taking our order, Momoring?” Sana said.

“Wow, feisty Sana. Okay then, what would you guys like?”

“What would you like, Tzuyu?” Sana said in the calmest voice, as she stared deep into Tzuyu’s eyes.

Tzuyu’s face burned and she felt flustered. Tzuyu couldn’t maintain eye contact with Sana when Sana was looking at her like that.

“Uh…” Tzuyu’s eyes wandered around the menu, trying to look for anything.

“I guess I will just have a ramen.” Tzuyu finally decided.

“I will have some kimbap.” Sana said right after.

“Okay, one ramen, one kimbap. Gotchu.” Momo said, as she walked back in the kitchen.

“Are you sure you want to introduce your roommate to Momo?” Sana asked.

Tzuyu turned around to the voice. “Huh?” Tzuyu took a second to think about what she did. , what did I just do? Wait, I mean, Momo unnie is cute and pretty, and she owns a small restaurant. Dahyun loves food, and cute things. I’m sure she would like her.

“I mean Momo unnie seems like a nice person, and my roommate really needs to go out more and find a good person for herself. Also, I can use some free food.” Tzuyu laughed a little.

“Okay, but I gotta warn you. Momo can be very straight forward. If she doesn’t like something, she has the tendency to get rid of it or leave. Everything needs to go her way.”

“Oh, I see. It’s just one date, how bad can it be?” But really, how bad can it be? If they aren’t meant for each other, they can leave. If they like each other, they can stay together. No biggie.

“Enough talking about Momo and your roommate, tell me more about yourself, Tzuyu. I mean we only met today.” Sana chuckled.

It was very true. They only met today, and they didn’t know anything about each other. Frankly, Tzuyu just found out Sana’s age a few minutes ago.

“Well… Where should I start? My name is Chou Tzuyu. I’m from Taiwan. I moved to Korea four years ago by myself.”

“By yourself?”

“Yeah, I was fascinated by Korean dramas at the time, and so I persuaded my mom to send me here.”

“That must have been so hard and scary! You must have been scared!”

“At first it was really scary. I didn’t know how to speak Korean and I didn’t know about the culture. It wasn’t until I moved in to Dahyun unnie’s house that I learned to live and survive in Korea. Dahyun unnie is my current roommate by the way.”

“Wow, Momo’s soon to be girlfriend is amazing.” Sana laughed.

Tzuyu laughed along. “Yeah, she is amazing. She introduced me to Jihyo unnie and Nayeon unnie, and the three helped me adjust to my high school. So, I’m really thankful to them because I met great people and friends. Well, that’s enough about me. Tell me about you, Sana… unnie.”

“Okay. I’m Minatozaki Sana. I’m from Japan, and I moved to Korea around 5 years ago. I came here with Momo because I wanted to study about the Korean culture and Momo came here to eat jokbal.”

“Wait, Momo unnie came here just to eat?” Tzuyu didn’t know whether to be concerned or laugh.

“She also wants to become a dancer, but food is a bigger priority.” Sana giggled, which was melody to Tzuyu’s ears.

“Then, why did she open a restaurant if she wants to be a dancer?”

“It’s because I didn’t want to go to college, and I wanted to be independent. So my father bought me a restaurant, and I need to work here until I can make enough money to start attending dance school.” Momo appeared out of nowhere with their food. Momo placed the kimbap in front of Sana, and a bowl of steaming ramen in front of Tzuyu.

“Arigato.” Sana said.

“Thank you.” Tzuyu said. Tzuyu grabbed her chopsticks and took a bite of the noodles. “But your father bought you a restaurant? In Seoul? Instead of funding your dance lessons?”

“Mhm. My father told me if I wanted to dance, I had to pay for it myself.”

“But he bought you a restaurant? That’s like way more expensive!”

“He wants me to learn a new skill, and by managing a restaurant, I will be able to learn culinary skills and business tactics.”

“I’m really sorry to ask this, but how rich is your family?” Tzuyu was still in shocked that Momo’s father would easily buy Momo a restaurant.

“Haha, well, you know Sony right?” Momo chuckled.

“Yeah, how can’t I?” Tzuyu replied.

“Well… Yeah...” Momo winked at Tzuyu.

Tzuyu’s eyes widened at what Momo was implying.

“Sana!... unnie… Your family owns Sony?” Tzuyu turned to Sana, who was just laughing to herself.

“No! Of course not! Momo is just messing with you.” Sana said, wiping tears out of her eyes.

“Phew” Tzuyu sighed in relief.

“Our family owns Toyota.” Sana said.

“What!” Tzuyu coughed, and nearly choked on her ramen.

“Are you okay?” Sana quickly stood up, and started to pat Tzuyu’s back. There was deep concern in Sana’s eyes.

“This is why I told you not to tell people!” Sana screamed at Momo.

Momo had cold sweat on her forehead. “I… I didn’t, though. You did.”

“I’m fine. I’m fine.” Tzuyu replied as she took a deep breath. Tzuyu couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She was eating lunch with an heir, and another heir was serving her food.

“I’m sorry, Tzuyu.” Sana and Momo both said, with their heads facing the ground.

“No, no, you guys don’t need to be. I was just really surprised.”

Tzuyu and Sana started to eat their food again and talked, while Momo stepped in and out of the kitchen serving the other customers.

Sana casually touched Tzuyu’s hand, and caressed it with her own, which shocked Tzuyu every time. Jolts of electricity ran down Tzuyu’s spine with each and every contact Sana made.

Sana would have an angelic smile which would always make Tzuyu’s heart skip a beat.

Thank you God, if you are out there, for a perfect day and the perfect woman and the perfect everything.

Sana and Tzuyu were stuck in their own world that they didn’t notice that time flew by. All the other customers left, and the sun was down. Momo was cleaning the tables and preparing to close the restaurant.

“Not to ruin the mood or anything, but when are you guys gonna leave? I gotta close soon.” Momo barged in on their conversation, which scared Sana, making her jump in the cutest way.

“Oh, is it that late already?” Tzuyu replied. “We’ll leave very soon. Sorry!”

“No, no, it’s completely fine. I just wanted to keep you guys aware of the time.” Momo said as she turned back and walked away. Momo walked a few steps towards the kitchen, but she suddenly paused, and turned back. She quickly grabbed a chair from another table, and put it to the side of the table Sana and Tzuyu were sitting at, and took a seat.

“So… Tzuyu. I know this isn’t really the timing, but… I gave you the free food, right?” Momo started to speak.

“Yes, you did.” Tzuyu replied, raising her eyebrows.

“And you remember your promise, right?”

“Yes, of course. Don’t worry Momo unnie, I will make sure you get that date with Dahyun unnie!” Tzuyu smiled.

“Thank you!” Momo squealed. “So, Dahyun is her name! It’s beautiful!” Momo kept saying her name in repeat.

“Is Saturday alright for you?” Tzuyu asked Momo.

“Yes! Of course! Any day is alright for your hot roommate!” Momo yelled, almost rupturing Tzuyu’s ear drums.

“Haha, sounds good, then.” Tzuyu smiled. Momo unnie is so weird. How is she related to this goddess. I mean, they are both cute, though.

“Tzuyu, I’m so excited for their date!” Sana squealed.

I guess they really are related.

Tzuyu turned around to look at the time. 7:23 PM. ! Dahyun unnie!

“, Dahyun unnie is probably waiting for me right now.”

“Oh no, we can’t have my hot girlfriend waiting!” Momo stood up. “Go! Leave, Tzuyu!”

“Shut up, Momo! She’s not your girlfriend! You didn’t even meet her yet!” Sana yelled at Momo. “Let’s go, Tzuyu. I will take you home.”

“No, it’s fine! Really, my house is close from here.” Tzuyu said.

“Then, it’s more of a reason for me to take you home.” Sana insited.

“I also have to go pick up some pizza for Dahyun unnie, so it’s really fine.”

“I’ll go with you. I’m the elder here. I need to protect you.” Sana came out strong, and it didn’t look like she was going to give up easily.

“Alright, you win.” Tzuyu smiled. The goddess must really care about me, trying to be my guardian angel and all. I should be the one protecting her from all the evil in this world.

“Yay!” Sana hopped and linked arms with Tzuyu. “Bye, Momo! Thanks for the meal!”

“Bye, Momo unnie! It was nice to meet you!”

“Bye, guys! And Tzuyu, don’t forget about the date!” Momo screamed as the two girls walked out of the restaurant.

“I won’t!”

______________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Hey, thank you for reading chapter 1 of my story! This my first story ever, so it's probably not good, but please have patience with me! I originially wanted to make this chapter longer, but I felt that it would be too long, and I want all my chapters to be roughly the same size (although I can't make any promises.) I'm sorry that I didn't get to the main plot, but that will be in the next chapter, which should be updated soon! Again, thank you for reading, and please feel free to comment and tell me what you guys think. Anyways, thank you again!