FINAL. 309

Muse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

"3.. 2.. 1.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAEYEON-AH~" 

Everyone in Taeyeon's house cheered loudly and started singing the birthday girl a birthday song. The dark haired girl smiles brightly and blew off the candles dramatically. 

"Thank you girls~" Taeyeon smiled and held every member, she was genuinely happy to have these sisters be apart of her life. 

"Taeyeon ah.." Taeyeon's omma called out softly. 

"Yes omma?" Taeyeon turned her attention back her mom while the rest exited the room the give both mother and daughter some privacy. 

"Taeyeon ah.. You're now a year older, and I trust that you know how to live your own life. You're doing well with singing and there are many who looked up to you, that being said, both your dad and I are proud of you. But always remember, every parents wants their child to be happy, I hope you continue to fight for what makes you happy." 

Taeyeon wasn't expecting this conversation to head in this direction - it all seems to deep. 

"Are you sick?" Taeyeon exclaimed worriedly. 

"What?! No!" Taeyeon's mom retorted.

"You sound like you're dying."

"That's a huge leap, but no, your mom isn't going anywhere anytime soon. My point is, I want to see you happy."

"Really?"

"Yes and I'm pretty sure you know what I mean, I haven't seen her in years. Bring her back soon alright? Don't keep your dad and I waiting."

"What??!"

______________________

Everyone had a great meal and after everyone left for home, Taeyeon cleaned up the place quickly before making her way back to take a rest in her room. 

The girl was suppose to happy today but somehow she felt empty. There's was a void in her that needed someone desperately to fill it up. 

The girl walked to her working desk and sat down. Reaching out to a thick book, Taeyeon flipped open and went true every page slowly. 

Every song that she had every written was in it, and with every song the girl realised that it's always about love. Lost love. 

There's so much in Taeyeon's head right now, the conversation she had early with her mom definitely played a big part in causing her now throbbing head. 

Taeyeon took her book, along with a pen and crashes back on to her comfy bed. Scrolling through her Instagram, Taeyeon replied birthday wishes from fans and chat for a while. 

It dawned on her that she has now achieved everything she once set out to achieve. Hopes and dreams, almost all fulfilled. Taeyeon realised that she has everything, and a big group of fans there to support her yet she was still missing something. 

The girl scrolled through her contact list and stared and that one contact number for some time. 

Did she changed her number? Does she remember my birthday? Should I drop her a text? Will she, Does she.... Thousand of questions went through that kid's mind.

And finally she gave up wondering. And set her phone aside and picked up her pen. The girl now had everything she needed to write a new song. Those emotions, ideas, thoughts and feelings towards everything came rushing in. 

Taeyeon smiled, her muse that now lives in her heart and mind was merely a memory. Yet, she never fails to help her write a new song. 

Taeyeon finally puts her pen down after an hour of scribbling in her book and collapsed back down, lying straight on her bed. 

"DONE."

Taeyeon took the book, stared at her new written work, titled "Lost" and smiled bitterly. She knew that without this person with her to share all these accomplishments, everything would be meaningless. At the end of the day, she lost. 

The girl sigh loudly for the ninth time that night and stared out her ceiling to ground window. It was over 4AM and the dark sky allowed the stars to shine visibly bright. 

Taeyeon look up longingly, hoping for some sort of miracle when her phone buzzed. 

Annoyed at whoever is crazy enough to send a text at 4 in the morning, the girl crawled across her bed to look at her-

"Holy ." Taeyeon screamed before throwing her phone a few feet away and covered her naughty mouth. 

It wasn't long before the girl composed her thoughts and crawled down her bed to retrieved her phone. 

"Happy Birthday Taengoo~"  4:18AM. 
-Sica (Jung Sooyeon)

Short, simple and sweet? In fact, somewhat nostalgic too. Taeyeon stared at her phone for a few more minutes trying to work out where and how this message got to her, before actually accepting that the woman Jessica Jung did in fact sent this happy birthday text. 

Taeyeon took up her phone and called Jessica but instead of the latter picking up the call, Taeyeon heard her recent song's chorus playing on repeat coming from outside her house. 

The girl walked over to look out of her house and saw the familiar face that she missed so much staring back at her.

Smiling like an idiot, the girl outside Taeyeon's house waved vigorously and shouted.

"Taengoo~ Open up! My leggy hurts!" The woman shouted happily before starting to sob. 

Taeyeon ran downstairs immediately to get  this obviously drunk woman. 

"Sica-yah~ How much did you drink" There were mixed emotions of happiness and worried in Taeyeon's voice as she helped Jessica onto the bed. 

Taeyeon slowly helped the unconscious girl change into something more comfortable when a hand stopped her. This cause Taeyeon to jerk backwards but luckily Jessica got hold of her. 

Taeyeon wondered when did this woman before her became this strong before blushing red. Afterall she got caught undressing the supposedly drunk lady. 

"I didn't mean to-" Taeyeon tried to explain herself but go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter