Falling In Love With The Boss' Niece: The Uncle's Suspicions

Snippets of Love

 

Falling in love with the president’s niece is not as easy as it seems especially if the president is Lee Soo Man.

 

Lee Soo Man is not actually strict about dating. In fact, he prefer his artists to date with their fellow labelmates, that way, it will be easier to cover up scandals. This applies to all except for his precious niece, Lee SunKyu. It is all because the SM president has been afflicted with the “overprotective uncle syndrome” otherwise known as “she-is-just-so-precious-we-can’t-see-her-with-a-boyfriend-yet” syndrome.

 

Being the youngest in the family, she is treated as the baby. This is the reason why every guy that gets close to Sunny seems to be a threat. Among the guys that have encountered with Sunny, there is one person that poses the biggest threat for Lee Soo Man and it is no other than the Super Junior’s Aegyo King and Sunny’s “counterpart”, Lee Sungmin.

 

His suspicions started when Sunny and Sungmin were doing their DJ stints at ChunJi radio. Their interactions got a lot of chemistry and they were being so adorable to each other. Sungmin even sang a song for her during her birthday. No matter how he looked at them, they seemed to be a real loving couple. But he soon disregarded it when he heard that Super Junior made them look like they are dating to increase the show’s popularity. Mere publicity, he concluded.

 

However, even after their radio show, Sunny still contacts him. At first, he sees no problem with that. They are friends and labelmates, anyway. SMTown family love, that’s how he called it. But honestly, every week? She needs to see him every week?

 

“Uncle, I am just having guitar lessons with Sungmin-oppa,” Sunny explained.

 

“Why him?”

 

“He is my favorite oppa.”

 

Favorite oppa. It all begins with favorite oppa.

 

Because of this, the poor SM president gets paranoid with every smallest bit of detail. For instance, he questioned why there is a song titled Sunny in Super Junior – Happy’s mini album. Did someone request for it to be composed? And when they invited Sunny to be in their Cooking Cooking MV because they said that Sunny matches with the cute image of the group, the old president could not help but smell something fishy on why Sungmin got the first lines of the song: “My girlfriend is too pretty… My girlfriend, her heart is more beautiful.” He is the only one that addressed Sunny as his girlfriend.

 

It was not until 2009 when Super Junior and Girls’ Generation were promoting simultaneously that he started to get serious on finding if his own suspicions were true. So he hired a person to spy Sunny and Sungmin and to report any suspicious behaviors. He indeed got reports of Sunny imitating Sungmin’s parts and only his parts. He even memorized his steps. And whenever they thought that no one was watching them during breaks, they would hold hands together and be lovey-dovey like the way they did when they were DJ-ing. There were also times when he would monitor TV shows in which the two groups were guesting just to see their interactions. What intrigued him the most is their guesting in Music Travel where they sang Falling Slowly and they were being teased by the other members.

 

Trying to get Sungmin to open up with him, he called him and talked to him telling him that he is the coolest and the most handsome of all the members during their Sorry Sorry performances. Of course, it was followed by: “I can see that you and Sunny are closer,” in which Sungmin replied, “She’s my favorite dongsaeng, seonsaengnim.”

 

That “favorite oppa and favorite dongsaeng” excuse again, they surely can’t get enough of it.

 

While watching the Super Show concert, that was when he realized that there was indeed something very fishy behind the song Sunny when Shindong shouted at the end, “Lee SunKyu!”

 

Then came the award ceremonies… Lee Soo Man would act like a netizen afterwards and search for fantaken pictures and fancams that would probably catch Sunny and Sungmin’s moments.

Since then, he started plotting little things that would get Sungmin and Sunny away from each other and if that pink pumpkin really loves his niece, he will be able to surpass these obstacles and challenges that he set for him.

--------------------------------

There goes the part 1. What exactly are those challenges? Watch out for part 2.

By the way, i saw this gif and I could not help but giggle because they look like a husband and wife to each other