The ers and His Final Choice

Snippets of Love

A few days before the girls’ departure to States for their upcoming US debut, Hyoyeon was busy sorting out the things that she would bring for their stay when she heard the maknae giggling at the living room. Perhaps, she was watching Keroro or other cartoons, Hyoyeon thought. She looked at her watch, being Seohyun’s roommate for years, she already memorized the timeslots of Seohyun’s favorite cartoons; and as far as she knew, no Keroro/cartoons were airing at that time. Curious of the program that could make Seohyun giggle like that, she left her task shortly and went to the living room.

 

She found the maknae sitting on the sofa, hugging her knees while watching WGM group Date episode. It showed the talent portion of Kyuhyun where Sungmin messed up his accompaniment, Eunhyuk slurped loudly in the middle of his performance, and Donghae distracting him with the glass.

 

Seohyun chuckled as she saw Kyuhyun’s annoyed expression, an expression that he obviously could not hide.

“You seem to enjoy yourself,” Hyoyeon said as she stood behind the sofa.

 

“I do not know that oppas will take it seriously.” Seohyun replied turning to her unnie.

 

“You’re the one who told them to do those?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

“Well, it is just a joke that I told Sungmin-oppa, I did not know that he told the others too.”

 

Seohyun knows that Kyuhyun’s singing voice can make any girl fall in love with him. It is his special charm, a surefire way to win a woman’s heart. Almost all of the girls who said that they like Kyuhyun said that they love his voice in addition with his good looks. His hyungs knew this and they also thought that he really got an advantage over them.  Seohyun admitted, she might also be a little jealous that’s why she thought of this action: hiring ers to ruin his chance.

 

The funny thing was it really worked. He got zero votes as well as Eunhyuk. She looked at Hyoyeon’s expression who also decided to watch the show with her. Although she knew her unnie would deny it later, Seohyun could see that her unnie also got a little happy about the result.

After the show, she texted Kyuhyun.

 

Maknae couple eh?

 

In which Kyuhyun replied…

 

What maknae couple? I only know of one maknae couple, the SM’s best OFFICIAL couple, SEOKYU. She likes SHINee’s Jonghyun. I plan  to let her meet with that kid. He’s been lonely since he and SeKyung broke up. Gotta lend a helping hand.

 

Seohyun replied and that started their nightly text conversations. Conversations that sometimes accompanied Kyuhyun while playing StarCraft or watching a movie or a recent Korean drama.

 

Becoming a matchmaker now? Oppa, are you trying to be a comedian? Why did you choose Eunhyuk oppa? Kekeke.

 

Because the girl I like was out of the choices. Even though, there is someone who looks like you there but still… it’s not you. I just choose Hyukjae… hyung (He added that one word because Seohyun will reprimand him of being disrespectful to his hyungs.)

 

Cheesy…. BTW, Oppa, I have something to tell you. The distractions that happened during you performance, I planned it with Sungmin-oppa. I did not expect that he took it seriously.

 

So you are behind those? Bad girl Seohyunnie…

 

I learned it from you *merong* Anyway, good night. Sleep early. It helps rejuvenate skin cells.

 

I know. Goodnight. Sleep well.

 

Seohyun kept her phone and lie on her bed hugging her Keroro. She closed her eyes to sleep when she heard his phone ring again. She checked it and it was Kyuhyun’s voice message. It’s a recording of him saying “Sleep well” in his perfect Sung Si Kyung impersonation. He knew that SNSD loves Sung Si Kyung so much and he is his role model.

 

Received my voice message? I know your night won’t be complete without it. Dream of me, okay?

 

Ne, I received it. Dream of you? You sound like Donghae-oppa. Anyway, thank you. 

 

That night she placed her phone next to her and yes, she is secretly hoping to dream of him tonight.