fade in, fade out

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"How is he?"

 

"He's perfectly fine, it's all thanks to you."

 

 

"Ahreum."

Hearing her name being called, Ahreum opened her eyes as she saw her reflection in the mirror in front of her. "Is it done?" She stared at the reflection in the mirror as a wide smile appeared on her face, she liked how her black hair curled a bit and tied into a high ponytail.

Mark was standing behind her as his arms rested on her shoulders, "You look stunning, I like it."

Ahreum hand reached for his as they linked their hands together, "I like it too," she then turned to look at the man behind her, "should I look this pretty everyday?"

"No," he replied with a strict voice and a small frown on his face, "other men will look at you if you're this pretty everyday, I'm afraid you will leave me alone because of that." Both of them laughed as Mark helped Ahreum got up from her seat, "How can you fell asleep while getting your make-up done?"

She was currently in a beauty shop with Mark tagging along, the shop itself was recommended by Hyesu since she was the type who loves to doll-up while Ahreum only prefer to use minimal make-up by herself. But since it was the day where her best friend will be married, Ahreum wanted to be presented prettily for her Hyesu's special day.

"It just...happened?" She shrugged her shoulder as Mark handed her purse, "I guess I'm just tired from working."

He gave his girlfriend's hand a squeeze to courage her, "We can just go home after an hour, you can rest after that."

Ahreum shook her head, her lips formed a small assuring smile, "Just relax, Mark, I'll be okay."

The man thought for a while before a sigh came out from his mouth, "Fine, but tell me if you're not feeling alright."

 

"It's all set then, let's go, Hyesu must be waiting!"

Seeing Ahreum being excited and ran out from the beauty shop without her coat on, Mark can only chuckled as he shook his head at her cute act then walked over to the cashier to pay for the service while holding on her black coat on one hand.

 

_ _ _ _ _

 

 

Ahreum and Mark walked into the grand hall that was beautifully decorated in white. Bunch of Peonies were placed in every round tables she can spot in the hall. Many people already came to the place as they congratulated the two families, along with the groom, Jaebum, the athlete whom Sooah really looked up to.

The couple took a seat near the families of the groom and the bride, as they watched Jaebum waiting at the altar nervously, and Ahreum chuckled at that.

 

"What are you laughing at?"

Mark's question made her turned as she gave tried to surprass a wide smile, "He looks nervous."

Mark leaned to give a peck on her cheek, making her cheeks turned red as she immediately looked around them, "Mark!"

"I'll be nervous too if I'm in his position," he chuckled, "it's nervewrecking to wait like that."

"You talk like you have experienced it," Ahreum hit him on his upper arm, "pay attention, Mark."

 

"Mind if I sit here?"

 

The couple turned their head as a man in baby blue suit came to their table, a baby stroller was in his grip. The man awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck as he smiled sheepishly, "This table is the only available one."

Ahreum gave Mark a look as if she was asking for his permission and he understood her intention immediately as he nodded in reply.

"Please have a seat, we'll be glad to have a company."

The man's face brightened as soon as he heard her as he sat on the empty chair, "Thank you very much," he gave a small bow to Mark and Ahreum before adjusting the stroller to his side while checking on the baby inside.

Since the man was seated next to her, the stroller was placed in the space between their seats. Ahreum can see the sleeping baby with clothes similar to the man's suit inside as the young father softly caressed the baby's small hand with a soft smile plastered on his face. Somehow it touched her, seeing a man so devoted to her life as a father to his son or daughter, not to mention a young father like the man sat beside her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter