invitation over a dinner

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was a rainy Friday afternoon when Ahreum stepped out from her office's lobby. She rummaged through her bag for an umbrella but to her unluckiness, she forgot to bring it with her after her mother used it yesterday.

Ahreum sighed and took a look at the silver wristwatch on her left wrist, she was five minutes late to the restaurant she was supposed to meet Hyesu, her former classmate and a few of her other girl classmates as well. Hyesu was planning to talk about something and invited them out to a dinner to talk about it, even though it's been years since the last time she heard any news about her high school friends.

 

"Ahreum."

The manly voice who called her name made Ahreum turned her head in surprise as she came face to face with a rather tall handsome man in black suits.

 

"Mark," she placed a hand on her chest and took a breath, "you scared me."

The man chuckled as he stood straight again (yeah he did leaned down to came on her level), "Sorry, didn't mean that," he chuckled again, "How is work?"

Ahreum shrugged her shoulders, "Still the same. I'm sorry you had to pick me up despite your busy schedule," she gave him an apologetic look.

"Nah it's okay," he smiled and patted her head, "I can work on the papers in home. Let's get in first."

She nodded and got in to Mark's black car that she didn't notice has been there when she was daydreaming. The latter soon got in too and buckled the seatbelt for her, "You still forgot important things like this."

"Sorry," Ahreum muttered lowly.

Mark chuckled then placed a peck on her cheek after buckling her on her seat, "I can get used to kissing your cheek every time your forgot to wear the seatbelt."

She stared at him with mouth agape as a scoff left her lips, "You're unbelieveable."

"And you're too predictable," he buckled his own seatbelt then the engine before driving away to the place his girlfriend agreed to meet with her high school mates.

 

_ _ _ _ _

 

 

"Ahreum, over here!"

 

Ahreum can heard Hyesu's voice from the entrance door as she saw a group of her former classmates already seated in a round table, some of them ready to eat when she arrived. She turned to Mark who was standing beside her as he gave her a small smile, "Call me when you're done, I'll be around here to get some snacks."

"Is that Mark with you?" One of the girls asked with a loud voice, lucky for them the restaurant itself wasn't packed with people even thought it was already time for dinner.

 

"Oh, it's really Tuan!"

 

"Bring him over, Ahreum."

 

She face-palmed herself and took a calming breath, it's not like she didn't want her boyfriend to join them, but it will be awkward if Mark joins the table full of gossiping girls (excluding her), she knew it very well.

Mark gave her a shrug, "Now what?"

"Are you alright with joining us? I mean, I don't even remember them except Hyesu who kept visiting us from time to time. Plus, it will be super awkward since you're the only guy in our table," Ahreum reasoned out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter