Obstacles of Love

Obstacles of Love

Chapter 4 

 

"Changwook Oppa, this was my dad's office!" Yoona exclaimed. 

 

"Hm, I thought you would liked using his office. If you don't liked it, we can always moved you to another room." Changwook answered uncertainly. 

 

"No. I mean, this is perfect." Yoona responded distractedly, as her gazed wandered around the office, "You haven't change a thing in here." She added softly, as her hand lightly patted the chair her dad used to sit on. 

 

"It seem that it would be nice for you to find the room in its original condition. No one had been allowed in here except for the cleaners." 

 

"Thank you. That was very thoughtful of you." Tears glistened in her eyes, "I missed him terribly." 

 

"I missed him, too." Changwook moved to comfort Yoona but her eyes spotted a red folder at the cornered of the desk with the words 'Project 93' on it and she headed towards it. 

 

"What's this?" 

 

Changwook could have growled in frustration. Forcing himself to be patient, he replied, "That was the last project your dad was working on." He remained quiet as Yoona perused the contents. 

 

"Oppa, is this what I think it is? If it is, this will rock the whole toy industry." Changwook was reminded of Yoona's expression when they entered the toy room years ago. 

 

Changwook smiled indulgently, "You are the electronics genius. I'm sure you have already figured it out. Your dad was only half-way done with this and was having some difficulties finishing the project." 

 

"Animated toys with tactile sensors that can gauge the owner's mood and can verbally respond accordingly. This is awesome. Only my dad could think of something liked this." Yoona was still enthusiastically flipping through her dad's note, "Looked, he even made provisions for the toy to be imprinted with its owners personality." 

 

Changwook glanced at the meaningless formulas on the sheet of paper Yoona was waving at him, "Well, I guessed we found the first project you will be working on." 

 

"Imagined, a truly smart toy. I can make this into a stuff animal, cute little bears, dogs, cats, giraffes, anything. Every child in the world would want a toy liked this." 

 

"Yoona, I got to get back to my office. Called me if you need anything. My extension is programmed on the phone." Changwook might as well be talking to the wall; Yoona was so engrossed with the project that she barely even knew that anything else existed, 'Just liked her dad.' Changwook thought, with amusement as he let himself out of her office. 

 

Hours passed by and it was lunchtime. If Yoona was anything liked her dad in this regards too, it's a sure bet that she would have forgotten all about such trivial things liked food. Changwook walked into her office and found her on the floor with papers spread all around her. 

 

"Yoona, what are you doing?" 

 

"Oppa. Take a looked at this. I found where my dad was having difficulties but with the new advances in technology, we could..." 

 

Changwook laughingly hauled Yoona into a standing position, "Why don't we talked about this over lunch?" "Lunch? But I'm not hungry. I want to show you something else." Yoona protested, liked a child that's being parted with her favorite toy. 

 

"Come on, you need good food and nutrition to keep your brain functioning at its peak level." Changwook was still smiling as he physically coaxed Yoona to leave the project for a moment. 

 

Yoona was calmer by the time they reached the restaurant. After ordering their food, she said, "Oppa, I would also want to see the other things that my dad made. That would give me a better understanding of his visions and style." 

 

"In case you have forgotten, Wonder Toys is also your company. You can do whatever you want but there is something I would requests from you." 

 

"What is it?" 

 

"I know that once you get involved in a project, you tend to forget that there is life beyond your office. I want you to worked only normal hours and to take weekends off liked everyone else." 

 

Yoona frowned and hesitated, "But Oppa, sometimes its hard to do that." 

 

"I understand. Don’t forget I used to worked with your dad. I want you to try and scheduled things so that your life wouldn't revolved around worked. If you start off this way then it would become a habit for you and you won't have a hard time adjusting later on." 

 

"You sound real serious. Are you speaking from experience?" Yoona teased. 

 

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I am. I made that mistake once and don't want you to do the same thing." Changwook answered seriously, with a far away looked on his face. 

 

"Ok, I promise to not get too involved with projects." Yoona was curious about his looked. She wondered if he was referring to his working too hard when they were first married. 

 

They both had a wonderful relaxing time at lunch, talking about more childhood memories and the trouble they used to get into. Yoona couldn't stopped a big yawned when they got back into the car. 

 

"Tired?" Changwook asked. 

 

Yoona blushed with embarrassment. Her first day at worked and she was already sleepy after only working half a day. 

 

"Why don't you take the rest of the day off? I will drive you back home and you can rest a little bit. You are probably still experiencing jet lag and you did a lot this morning." Changwook reassured her. 

 

Yoona wanted to get back to the project but another yawned stopped her, "I think that's a good idea. Thank you."