Capeless Hero (II)

✵ Heroes ✵

“Is she okay?”

“She’s mostly okay, probably passed out due to shock but um… I need to speak with one of you regarding her condition.”

“I will go,” Naeun volunteered, “Namjoo, you wait for her to come around, alright?”

Even in her semi-conscious state, Eunji could hear all these sentences being echoed in her head. She knew she was probably in the hospital with all sorts of weird sensations flowing through her body and the bright light that her eyes could feel. Eunji could mostly remember all the things that have happened to her and how she ended up here... thinking about that, she didn't know who was her saviour up till now.  

Eunji’s eyelids slowly fluttered open, trying to adjust to the bright white light of her room.

“N-Namjoo…”  

The said woman immediately rushed over to the bed, stumbling over her own feet as she did so.

“UNNIE!”

Namjoo’s lips trembled for a bit before she burst into tears at the sight of her unnie looking back at her with a smile. She came running from her house in the middle of the night with only her pyjamas and a pair of socks after receiving a call from the hospital. She wanted to know Eunji's general condition but she also wanted to be around when Eunji awakened from her sleep.

Eunji gently pushed herself up and rested her back against the headboard, “how did you know I was here?”

“The hospital called me,” Namjoo sat down tearfully, blowing her nose into the tissue as she stared at her unnie sympathetically, “what happened to you, Unnie?” 

As events of last night finally flashed through her mind once more, Eunji scrambled for her phone. She heard a sentence leave the stranger's mouth before she passed out, apparently leaving a message in her phone. For the life of her, she would never ever forget that person's voice, not when it belonged to the person she has been waiting for ever since her graduation today.

“W-Where’s the person who s-saved me?”

“Who was it?”

A tearful frown appeared on Eunji’s face, she had expected Namjoo to know who it was since the person who saved her should have been at the hospital as well. She wanted to get her hopes up but she didn't want to get her hopes dashed afterward. Only God knows how much she wanted to see Yuri again and how much she hoped that the person who saved her was Yuri.

Yet if it was, why was Yuri fearful of facing her? 

“Namjoo…” Eunji grabbed her dongsaeng’s hand with trembling fingers and looked into her eyes with her own tearful ones, “I… I need to find Yuri.”

Guilt filled Namjoo's heart as she stared at the elder's exhausted and depressed expression. She did have an idea of where Yuri would be but she wasn't supposed to tell Eunji anything until Yuri gave her the green light. She wouldn't doubt Yuri's intention and actions, especially when all she wanted to do was protect Eunji at all costs. Whether everything was ready and safe was another issue.

“Oh, Eunji-unnie?”

Naeun came running over to her girlfriend and the older girl immediately; the worry and anxiety was driving her crazy after hearing what the doctor had to say about Eunji. She had a lot more to update Yoona now, especially about the doctors' report so Yoona could give Yuri information so she'd do something about it. That was what Yuri was busy with anyway, settling all of Eunji's old problems.

“Unnie, I thought you said it was getting better?”

“I… I didn’t want you to worry, not when the two of you have to focus on getting your masters’ degree.”

Namjoo shook her head and buried her face into her palms, feeling even more embarrassed at how they didn’t seem to be caring enough about Eunji. She didn’t want to press Eunji for an explanation, neither did she want to blame Eunji for thinking about them so much. She didn’t want to believe that her closest friend had been through so much without saying anything thus far. Of course they had some idea about it but not hundred percent.

“Unnie,” Naeun grabbed Eunji’s wrist and pushed up the long sleeve before pointing at the various marks on her arm, “you need to stop this or the doctor will report it to the police.”

Eunji swallowed down her nervousness and nodded grimly, hoping her two young ones wouldn't worry so much. She was most likely not going to go back to her husband's house anymore, not when she was not going to be discharged anytime soon. The only thing she wanted to do now was find Yuri and get her life back on track; that was the most important thing in her life at the moment. 

“By the way, the doctor wants to give you a full body medical check…”

“W-What?”

Naeun heaved a deep sigh and apologised first, “he saw the bruises when he was trying to check you the first time but he suspected it was ual abuse before calling the female doctor. And now she wants to give you a full check-up.”

Even though Eunji didn’t say anything aloud, she had been ready for this scenario ever since her husband started changing for the worse. In fact, she was hopeful for this because it would give her an opportunity to stay away from home with a valid reason. She knew Inguk wouldn’t be able to touch her when she was in the hospital; he probably didn’t even know where she was.

She could only pray he never found her. 

 

*


“Yul, have you found him yet?”

“Not yet; I’m still trying to find out where he is right now. He hasn’t been home for the past two days,” Yuri said as she cracked her knuckles and resumed watching the footage on her laptop, “he’s going to die when I get my hands on him.”

Yoona shivered when she heard the angry tone her best friend was using; then again, she couldn’t blame Yuri for being this angry and upset at how things have turned out. If she actually had the chance to get to know Eunji or whoever it was that might be suffering from domestic abuse but it’s not like Yuri’s going to let her get close to the useless man. Yuri wanted to handle this on her own, and Yoona wouldn't object at all.

The only thing she could to help was be by Yuri's side to help her with whatever she was planning.

 

Yuri groaned and slammed her palms on the table, “damn it!”

“Look, I know you’re tired and you’re angry but I need you to focus,” Yoona sat beside Yuri and pushed her best friend on the swivel chair towards the side, “but for now, I will take over. You go and take a nap before you continue.”

They roughly had an idea of where Seo Inguk could be at this point in time but none of them wanted to face it; how could he not care about his wife who was in hospital and even be at a brothel? It wasn’t just disgusting, it was completely inhumane for any normal person. If only they could get proof of his abuse on hardware, it would be a straight charge and there would be no need for a court case.

No, they weren't cops or anything but Yuri wanted to do this for Eunji - the only person she ever cared for in a romantic manner up till now. 

“I can’t sleep, Yoong. What if he finds her at the hospital?” Yuri jumped up from the sofa immediately, “oh my God, I won’t forgive myself for it.”

It took all of Yoona's strength to restrain herself from rolling her eyes at her best friend; she already told Yuri to go ahead and visit Eunji openly but the stupid tanned woman wouldn't. If only Yuri would be more honest and forgiving towards herself then she could probably become closer to Eunji again. However, being the stubborn stupid woman that Kwon Yuri is, she wants to remain behind the scenes until she gets the right punishment for everyone who hurt Eunji.

 

“I told you my advice already.”

“I know, I know…”

 

Yuri rolled over on the sofa and placed her head on her palms, turning to face Yoona who had also mimicked her earlier pose, furiously typing on the laptop as well.

“Yoong, I think I’m going to pay her a visit tonight.”

“No,” Yoona scrambled up from the chair and bounced on the sofa, “I heard him say he was going to the hospital. We can call the police so maybe they can stand by and witness it for themselves.”

That was a good idea for now… but what if they didn’t arrive in time and Eunji got taken away? Oh God, Yuri couldn’t bear to think even further. She needed to step up if she wanted to keep Eunji safe from her beast of a husband. Eunji deserved nothing but love and care but she was receiving none of that who should be giving her most. Once and for all, she was going to end it off and meet with Eunji again.

 

 

*

 

Naeun stood in the hospital room, allowing her girlfriend to read the message on her phone while waiting for the results of the check-up. She was glad that Yuri finally made a decision and for once, came up with a good plan which was almost full-proof. She was already on her way to kicking Yuri's if she dragged their meeting even longer. 

 

“What do you think of the plan?”

“It’s good,” Namjoo paused for a short while, “I just hope they won’t make Eunji-unnie stand in court, she has been through enough already.”

“No, she’ll definitely stand in court if he’s going to be sentenced. I’m sure she’ll be fine though…” Naeun took a seat beside her girlfriend and gently gave her hand a squeeze, “if Yuri-unnie’s going to be there, I’m sure she’ll be okay.”

Yuri has been the strength behind Eunji for a long time now, the younger one just couldn't tell. She had been holding on for so long because she knew Yuri might be watching her, no matter where she could be. Eunji also knew that their relationship couldn't be forgotten just like that; Yuri was definitely not that kind of person. All she needed to hear was Yuri's reason for disappearing and Eunji would probably be okay. 

 

 

At first, everyone was skeptical about these two random young women reporting a case of domestic abuse to the police but after hearing all the details and even some pictures… it was not too difficult to believe. They didn’t need to waste any time; time was of the essence if they wanted to catch the culprit. Before long, they were already at the hospital and well-disguised as the staff there, including where they were supposed to stand.

“Yuri-ssi, are you sure he’s going to turn up tonight?”

“Very sure, Officer.”

Yuri stood behind the drawn curtains and turned off the lights, hoping to fool the weasel that should be on his way now. She was going to catch the bastard and make sure he was thrown into jail for more than one charge - it was very possible, especially when Yoona's father was a judge in the high court. She had to try her best and get this one though; he was a very sneaky person, with a high IQ. 

 

It took a while but Inguk eventually showed up wearing a mask and a cap, obviously to hide himself and act as if he was a worthy husband but no one was falling for it. He had gone to the counter to ask for Eunji’s ward number and details but the moment he was gone, the nurse hit the emergency button underneath the table. It was a nice surprise actually, knowing the staff could tell a good from a bad person.

“Jung Eunji… you’re dead when I get my hands off you.”

Without Inguk noticing anything amiss, the doctor and the nurse started walking behind him.

 

Yuri could feel the blood rushing to her head as she watched him walk through the doors without an ounce of remorse or regard for Eunji. She knew there were officers all around but a part of her wanted to kill him all by herself. She couldn’t imagine someone hurting another person like that when they were already attached for life; why in the world would they get married in the first place then?

“Yah. Why didn’t you come home?”

“Yah, stop acting like you’re dead!”

“YAH!”

Inguk finally lost his temper and placed his hands on Eunji’s neck, tightening his grip as he stared at her peaceful face. He detested the sight of this woman; to think she was here resting in the hospital instead of servicing him at home. Inguk didn’t even get another chance to say another word when there was loud sounds of commands and pushing of the curtains away, officers coming right at him.

“You’re under arrest for both domestic and ual abuse, Seo Inguk. This silence or anything else you might say will be used against you in court.”

“W-What?! Let go of me! YAH!”

Without further ado, the officers that came were pushing Inguk out of the room forcefully, the chief in particular thanked Yuri and assured her of all the arrangements before making his exit as well. Yuri came out of her hiding place and stretched her long limbs first, waving to both Namjoo as well as Naeun afterward. She was completely unaware that she was about to be kicked out soon.

 

Yuri turned around and was about to check on Eunji since Eunji was supposed to be put under anesthesia, only to get the shock of her life when she wanted to.

“OMO!”

Eunji was staring at her with a gaze that looked as if she could be buried under the ground by now. She had a steely look in those beautiful eyes and Yuri was starting to get nervous. Yuri knew Eunji was probably shocked out of her wits, especially when they haven’t met for the past few years. She was definitely not planning this entrance though; it was like giving Eunji a slap to the face.

 

“Why are you here?”

Whether it was the cold look or the heartless tone, Yuri wondered if leaving Eunji with her friends was better for now.

“I… I…”

“Please leave.”

 

 

 

 


hehe the next chapter is last ^^ so please start sending in your requests soon okie! but before that, i will be writing a Sunny x Chorong one too <3

please comment xx