Chapter 01 (final)

Of Late Dates and Last-Minute Amendments
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was way past their appointed time when Yoo Youngjae finally arrived at the café and parked his car somewhere near. He wondered what he had done to insult the heavens and earn him such punishment, but hell hath no fury like an angry lady whose date is late for breakfast, and worse punishment was waiting for him inside the café… in the form of a cute girl (appearances are deceiving, you see, he learned it the hard way) so Youngjae hurried in. He spotted her sitting at a table for two, her fingertips tapping against the table, tap, tap, tap and it just sounds like his life is getting shortened with every tap.

 

“Shinae, I’m here,” said Youngjae.

 

“Mm-hmm,” Shinae replied, her eyes still focused on her cup of coffee. It was very obviously finished, the remnants just beginning to dry at the base of the cup. Tap, tap, tap.

 

“I’m sorry I’m late,” he said while sitting down at the empty seat across her. She was pouting. Oh my god, Youngjae thinks, why is it she’s so cute even when she’s angry?

 

“It’s the third time, Youngjae, what are you going to do about the lost time?” she asked, still staring absentmindedly at cup before her. At his silence, she finally lifted her eyes to look at him.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter