Puzzle Pieces

I Know Your Fears

Tomorrow I have a huge exam in my anatomy & physiology class and the teacher is allowing us to use a notecard on the exam. She gave us a week to study and fill the notecard up with little tiny words. But here I am, at the last minute, finally opening up my textbook and pulling out the study guide that was given to us on Monday from my bag.

Sighing "Why do I always do this." 

Taking out a pen from my pencil case, then pulling out two yellow notecards. The extra one is for practicing how small I can write since I'm using a pen. Before getting to work, I grab my phone to unlock it and go to the YouTube app. I was going to go to listen to some music but saw that a channel I'm subscribed to upload a new video content of scary stories. I pressed on the video then set my phone down the coffee table near me and went to work. 

About an hour went by now and I am exhausted, my neck hurts from staying in the same position, backaches from slouching and hands are hurting from writing too long. So I stretch but as I stretch, the video stops playing, 'low battery 20%'. I quickly dig through my little pocket of my bag for my charger, not there, then into the bigger pocket, not there. Again looking but this time actually looking into my bag and rummage through, it was underneath my notebooks.

Once I plug my phone into the wall, I get up and head to our small kitchen to get a soda. Sitting down I press on the video to start it again and resume studying. I pushed my textbook a bit to give my left arm more space to write but ended up pushing some puzzle pieces off the table.

"Damn it, why didn't they clean this up?"

Taehyung and Jimin were building a puzzle couple days ago but didn't finish and left it out. I get up and go around the coffee table to start picking them up, bad mouthing them as I do. 

After picking up four pieces that were on the table, I look towards the small couch that is right next to the coffee table. There are three puzzle pieces in between the couch and table. I go for the one closest to the couch, if the puzzle piece fell an inch further, it would be right under the couch.  Bending down to grab the puzzle piece but right as I touch the puzzle piece. A freaking hand pops out from the couch and grabs my hand!!!

I quickly jump back about three feet away from the couch. I am breathing heavily, my hearts pounding and body is shaking. The puzzle pieces that I picked up are still in my right hand. 'What the hell... was that?' I don't move, just keep staring at the couch. Once I calm down, I just continue to stare at the couch. 'That was hand, right?' Thinking for a moment. 'Maybe I just imagined it.'

"Yeah, I just imagine it... that's all." I say in very shaky voice.

Taking deep breaths, I slowly inch towards the small couch. Instead of the puzzle piece that I was going to grab first, I pick the other two that are closer to the table but still look at the couch. Once I grab the pieces, I back away from the couch and stand there for a few seconds. 'What do I have to be afraid of, there is nothing underneath the couch.'

"Come on Jungkook. Nothing to be afraid of."

I laugh at myself for being such a scaredy cat like Jimin and Hoseok. I probably got way too into the scary If I ever tell them what happen they will laugh at me and never, ever let me forget this. I just know it, so no way am I telling them this.

I walk towards the couch and quickly bend down to grab the piece and back away. Still looking below the couch, I walk on the other side of the coffee table and sit down on the couch I'm sitting on. After sitting I quickly pick up my feet and sit criss-cross applesauce, just in case something decides to grab me. Again.

After putting the puzzle pieces down on the table again, I try focusing on studying but I can't. The atmosphere is different from before, I can't describe it but it's making me feel very uneasy. I keep looking back at the bottom of the couch, waiting for something to climb out from under there. Until I finally just shake my head and slap both of my hands on my cheeks probable leaving two red hands prints on them.

"Deep breathes and get back to work. You don't have all night."

I turn up the volume a bit to distract myself from looking at the couch and how quiet it is. Doesn't really help much but it's doing something.

 The stopped and I pick up my phone to check the time, I have been working for about 22 minutes. I pressed on the next scary story video and grabbed the empty cans on the coffee table and head to the trash. I throw them into the trash and turn around but once I did, I froze. I can hear... whispers? It sounds like whispers. I stay standing for a moment to figure out if what I was hearing was in fact whispers. I can't make out what the whispers are saying, it's too low for me to decipher it.

Then it becomes quiet, the only sound coming from my phone. Still standing I turn my head to look towards the kitchen, my eyes scanning every inch of it. Nothing, I finally let myself breathe and walked back to the living room. I set myself down crossing my legs again when I hear the front door unlocking and opening. Hoseok came in scaring me a bit since I'm still shaken up from earlier.

"Hey, Jungkook!" 

"Uhh hey."

"You alright? You look like you saw a ghost." Hoseok laughed a bit as he said this.

I'm not sure what expression I had made but I'm guessing from Hoseok coercer expression, I probably looked scared. 

Hoseok sat down on the small couch, facing me and asked: "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." 

"Doesn't look like nothing." 

I stayed silent, 'Should I tell him?' if I tell him I know for a fact that he won't believe me and will think I'm trying to scare him since I'm the one always scaring him. But if what I saw was actually a hand then the only person I know that will believe me and understand is him. He will probably laugh at first but I'm...'Ahh!! Okay, I got scared!' I shake my head a little and Hoseok gives me confused look but smiles at me and waits for me to speak.

"Okay. But promise me you won't laugh hyung."

He smirks a bit. "Well, it all depends."

"I won't tell you then." I turn my head away from him and face my textbook.

"Okay okay! I won't laugh. I promise."

"Pinky Promise." holding up my pinky towards him.

"Pinky Promise."

We lock pinky's and make our knuckles touch and press our thumbs together. We both smile at each other and after a few seconds, let go of our pinky's.

I take a deep breath. I hate to admit it that I got scared from whatever grabbed me but right now I just need someone to tell me it's all okay and cuddle with me until I fall asleep. And if I have to be honest, Hoseok is one of the best people to cuddle with because he makes you feel happy and safe and he is also really warm, even if it's cold. Maybe that's why Yoongi always hugs Hoseok and gets really jealous when someone else hugs him.

"Alright......." 

"Continue."

"I don't know how to explain this."

"Ok..umm tell me what you were doing before 'it' happen."

"I pushed my textbook and the puzzle pieces fell."

"Alright soo... you picked them and..."

"I-I picked.." I scratched my head "I picked the puzzle pieces that were by the table and couch." 

I pointed my finger around to where the puzzle pieces fell so he gets an idea. 

"Okay, then what happens?"

"One puzzle piece was near the couch... and I went to pick it t-then a..."

"Then what?"

His expressions still showing coercer but I know from the sound of my voice and expression that he is scared a bit but not showing it. Hoseok gets spooked easily and telling him this will put him on edge. 'Do I really wanna tell him?'

"You can trust me Jungkook." Giving me a smile that brings out his dimples a bit.

Staying silent for a bit but the more I do, the more I doubt myself of what I actually saw. 'Was it actually a hand?' I probably spooked myself since I was listening to those scary stories.

"I..I thought I s-saw a hand pop out from... under the couch."

"A what?"

"A hand."

I looked at him and see that his facial expression is different. His eyes are wide and face go kinda pale. 

"U-under this couch?"

"Yeah.."

Right when I said that Hoseok immediately jumped off the couch and ran toward the door. Keys in hand and ready to run out without even putting his shoes on but luckily I grabbed him before he can even twist the doorknob.

"Wow! Hold on hyung!"

"You're not playing a joke on me again, right?" 

Hoseok gave me a serious look. 'Something happened..' I let go of him and stepped back a bit. I walked towards the dining area and Hoseok followed me, we sat down and stayed quiet for a while.

"You really not joking with me." 

"I'm not joking."

Silent again. Something must have happened to Hoseok because it isn't like him to just get up and run. Also, he is now quiet, not looking at me, he is thinking about something.

"Hoseok." He looked up at me. "Did something happen?"

He bites his lips for a moment before answering but right as he opens his mouth, about to speak. A loud bang made us jumped and look towards the living room. My heart was pounding loud as I looked around for what made that sound. Then I noticed the couch, one side was moved forward, like when you push it away from the wall to get something from behind there.

I look back at Hoseok and he looked back at me and in a split second we swiftly got up from our seats. I rushed towards the coffee table, getting my things not bothering to put in my bag. Thank goodness Hoseok still had the keys in his hand. He grabs his shoes and coat, open the door and bolted out. I did the same, leaving my shoes behind but stopped and turn to run back to close the door not caring to lock it. 

By the time I get downstairs Hoseok already has the car ready. Once I get in and close the door, he presses on the gas hard causing me to be pressed against the seat. I quickly put on my seat belt. Hoseok was speeding pretty fast, cutting cars off and not slowing down when the street light turn yellow.

"Where are we going?" 

"Yoongi's"

 


Hope you enjoy this chapter!! 
There are mistakes ... I think haha and I wanted to make it longer but I was having a hard time trying to do that so I just made the chapter short 
Um hopefully I can get the next chapter up in... about maybe next week... we'll see haha

 

Well... thank you for reading!! ^^