Witching hour

a night train
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Have you ever felt like the whole world is telling you to run away and leave everything you have known behind? The safety of your home, familiar places and people you know...to exchange everything for an adventure? Maybe even a short one. A short adventure is always better than unchanging everyday life that will never give you anything new, almost never anyway. 

If you know the feeling, you will know just well how Taeyeon felt one day. It was not just a random day, it was THAT day. You know sometimes you have a day when you feel like the universe likes you. For example a day when you wake up early and get to eat all of the pancakes for breakfast, or when you are supposed to write a test and teacher comes and tells you that you will watch a movie in class that day.

This is exactly how Taeyeon has felt on that exact day. Her mom and dad left to dance somewhere in the city and stopped nagging. They were away so how they could nag anyway right? Taeyeon just got a new hoodie with a picture of Keroro on its back. It was her sisters Juhyuns favourite anime character and Taeyeon came to like him as much as her little sister did.

Her parents left some money for the dinner on the kitchen table, and it was not a little for sure. Their family was really wealthy and they loved spending money on delicious food. As much as Taeyeon loved eating nice food, she did not because she did not want to become a spoiled moms and dads girl...she was 23. Not a kid anymore and she tried her best not to become spoiled either.

On this day, she was walking around the kitchen thinking about what to do when she saw the money on the table.

And her amazing plan was born.

20 minutes later, a letter with explanation was left on the kitchen table where the money was before, her huge backpack was full of clothes, food, books and there was even a sleeping bag and a small tent.

" Bye everyone...BYE! "

Taeyeon shouted happily and started running down the street, running where the feet would take her.

And that is how her small adventure has begun.

~

11pm

Tiffany looked at her old watch on her wrist that had been in her family for generations. She loved it because it was not a new watch obviously but an old one that made the good old ticking noise. She always felt like she was at home when she heard it.

She was sitting on an old seat in a train that was on its way to Busan, a city far away. It was night, not a deep night yet but the witching hour was slowly coming and Tiffany could feel the familiar tension. The witching hour she believed in. An hour when the two worlds are somehow connected together, she loved the idea.

Her head was leaned on the cold window which made her feel comfortable even though it was not as soft as her pillow at home. But she loved it even more. From the window, she could see the scenery slowly moving and new one appearing. 

It was dark outside, but not the foggy kind of dark...it was a clear night with all of the stars visible. And of course the moon as well.

The moon was enlightening Tiffanys face and she closed her eyes and smiled, listening to the sounds of he train.

Such a nice night 

She thought, slowly but deeply leaving to a dream land.

                CLICK

Tiffanys relaxation was interrupted by a sudden yet silent sound of the door on her coupe opening. She sat down evenly, opened her sleepy eyes and turned her head to the sound.

She still couldnt see well because her eyes were still a bit asleep, but she could see a small person wearing a huge green hoodie entering the coupe. She was holding a backpack that seemed to be really full and heavy and it was way bigger than the small person holding it.

" H-hello...can I sit here? Everyone locked their doors and your door was the only opened one in this side of the train. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter