Girlfriend

One Person Can Make a World of a Difference

            The sound of feet being dragged across the carpeted floor was nearly impossible to hear if you didn’t listen closely. The house was dark, and only one person was awake. She didn’t want to wake her boyfriend because he needed to sleep, but she couldn’t stay completely quiet when she stepped on a piece of glass.

            Seconds later, she was rocking back and forth on the floor, clutching her foot and sobbing. She couldn’t see her foot, but she knew the glass had gone in fairly deep. She waited impatiently for her boyfriend to emerge from their bedroom, and when he did, she started to scream at him.

            “What the hell, Kevin?! Why can’t you hurry when I scream?! What if I was getting , huh? What would have happened then?!”

            Kevin rolled his eyes, knowing Eunbi couldn’t see it. He bent down and picked her up bridal style, heading towards the kitchen. “Aish… You should turn some lights on when walking around, Eunbi-ah. It’s dangerous if you don’t.”

            Eunbi huffed and pouted, something she only did around Kevin. “But I was tired and didn’t feel like turning the lights on.”

            “And you suffered the consequences for it. So next time, take care of yourself and turn some lights on before walking around.”

            Eunbi sighed, giving up. She didn’t want to argue with Kevin right now. All she wanted was to get the glass out of her foot.

            Kevin walked back towards the hall and stepped carefully, not wanting to end up in the same situation as Eunbi. He made his way to the bathroom and flipped the light switch when he was inside. When his eyes adjusted, he scavenged for a pair of tweezers in the drawers. Once they were in his hands, he washed them off with some hydrogen peroxide, took that bottle, a bag of cotton balls, and went back to Eunbi who was still sitting upon the kitchen counter.

            “Took you long enough,” Eunbi scoffed.

            Kevin held in a growl. Ever since he and Eunbi had begun doing drugs, she wasn’t acting like she used to. She was being a smartass with a serious attitude, and he wished she had never changed. Nonetheless, he still had to take care of her. He picked the tweezers up after turning the kitchen light on to see her foot. He saw just the very edge of the glass; the rest was embedded deep inside her foot. He cringed at the sight and bit his lips before placing the tweezers around the small sliver of glass that he could grab, and pulled a little.

            Eunbi let out a strangled cry.

            Kevin looked at her apologetically. “Mianhaeyo.” Continuing his job, he pulled a little harder, and the glass leaving her foot let out a little squelch. His stomach flip-flopped, not liking the sound of the excess blood in her foot. He doubled around himself and wondered if he should take her to the hospital instead, but changed his mind the moment he remembered that she had injected a lot of methamphetamine into her blood before going to sleep. He hadn’t taken any of it, feeling as if it was the wrong thing to do. Either way, he couldn’t take her to the hospital, so he would have to deal with it on his own.

            When the glass was half-way out, Kevin began seeing trickles of blood. He looked away momentarily to hold in his vomit, then went back to his job, wishing he was sleeping right now instead of doing this. For the sake of his girlfriend, though, he kept at it until the glass was completely out. By then, it was mildly gushing, and Eunbi looked a little pale. “Stay with me, Eunbi,” Kevin said worriedly, lightly tapping his hand against her cheek. He gasped when he felt how cold her skin was—like ice. “Eunbi-yah…”

            “Kevin…” she whispered before falling forward, landing on top of him. Kevin caught her in his arms, but he hurried to put her down so he could go get a phone and call the ambulance. Eunbi couldn’t die; she didn’t deserve it.

            After he finished the call, he went back to Eunbi’s side, who was still unconscious. He figured out that he had to slow down the blood flow to her foot, so he ran into the room they shared, grabbed a belt, and ran back out. He quickly wrapped it around her calf and tightened the belt until he was sure it was good enough to at least slow down the blood, even though it seemed like gallons kept leaking out of her foot.

            Soon enough, the ambulance arrived and knocked on the door. Kevin answered the door quickly and let them inside. The taller of the two examined her foot in a mere two seconds and said, “The cut looks like it hit a major vein, which led to a lot of blood loss. We’ll need to take her to the hospital as fast as possible.” He nodded to his partner to go over and help him carry her out. Kevin watched the scene with sad, teary eyes. He didn’t want her to go yet. He had plans with her.

            Kevin paced the house for the next few hours, unsure of what to do. He contemplated many things, like grabbing his coat and driving over to the hospital or grabbing a syringe and drowning out his worry for a while. After a while, he decided to do one thing. He grabbed his phone and dialed a number he had memorized after the first try.

            The phone rang for a while before it picked up. “Hello?”

            “Um… Hi, Eli. Can we talk?”

~~~

A/N: ... Annyong? x3 How've you guys, been? :D I missed this story. SO much. D: YOU SHOULD COMMENT AND REMIND ME OF IT. <3 I've been busy lately, and I'll probably be even busier once school starts next Tuesday. ^^; (Freshman, yo. ;~;)

Please forgive me, guys! And comment and bring me the inspiration I need. ^^; I LOVE YOU ALL, ;AAA; *sends out love and kisses from the angsty Elvin*

 

(P.S. That picture is, honestly, the /saddest/ one I could find f Kevin. In all the others he was smiling, laughing, being the bright, doe-eyed idol that everyone adores. ;A; *loves him even more* Okay, I'm off now :3 Chu~ ♥))