Prologue

The Enemies Are Here (But You Look So Lovely)
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was dark, the air was secluded and dust was floating like mist, veiling more than what the darkness already had. The used to be concrete wall had been destroyed and a figure could be heard finding way in between maze of debris quietly to ensure he wouldn’t trigger any more unwanted creatures’ reaction, albeit the gravels crunched underneath his leather boots couldn’t be avoided. He was lucky the commotion didn’t attract more attention. He had killed enough today.

 

He was finally out from the fallen house; the night crisp air surged into his lungs, prickling. He put his gun back to its holster, but refused to let go of the katana in his hand, tip glistening with dried, blackening green substance.

 

He had his hood up, only a portion of his nose and his chapped lips were shown, a small sack slung his shoulders, bouncing as he strode silently into a secret passageway, eyes frantic as though he would get pounced on from every corner soon.

 

He crouched behind a bricked wall, peeking. There was a cluster of peculiar creature in front of the door where he should go. They might have a humanly shape of body, but he knew better not to be deceived, judging from the groaning and grunting as they communicated through high frequency whistle.

 

He cussed under his breath. With that number of aliens, the only chance to escape (escape, not eliminate them all. It was not possible.) was by guns. However, his bullets were running low and fighting with a short-range weapon like his sword was too risky.

 

Suddenly, there was crack from behind him. Thinking that he had let his guard down, he rolled away and swiftly directed his katana to the intruder, whose glistening, brown orbs were like

Please log in to read the full chapter