#1. Untitled

Could This Be Love (구름 위로) — A Collection of Oneshots/Drabbles/Scenarios [STATUS: BUSY DOING REQUESTS]

Pairing: Hongbin (VIXX) x Mimi (Gugudan)

Genre: Slice of life with a sprinkle of comedy. (Chance Encounter)

Word Count: 1523

Author’s note:

I know most of you probably ship VIXX and Gugudan as siblings and not couples. But when I got this prompt, I just thought Mimi really fit this role and I couldn't picture any other VIXX member in this position except  Hongbin... (Yes, please accept this lame excuse) but trust me- I’m not a hardcore shipper of Gugudan x VIXX as couples (though I’m okay writing them that way- depends on which member). Well, whatever. This collection will contain random ships anyway, right? Let’s just jump right away into the story. Hope you enjoy it!

P.S: The base of this chapter was inspired from a plot I found in PlotsforAll on Tumblr. Thank you! <3


Year 2012.

It was a rainy Friday evening, another cold night in Seoul. The rain had been pouring since 6PM. Four hours had passed, and it didn't seem like the heavy droplets were going to subside any sooner.

A young man, suspected to be around 20s, was seen getting on a public bus heading to Jongno area, based on what was written on the neon box installed at the vehicle. The guy scanned the almost-fully occupied seats before heading to the last two vacant ones near the back door, claiming his spot next to the window. He inwardly wondered why was the bus full at this hour unlike usual, but decided to wave his thought off as it wasn't something very important.

Another hard day for the young lad, it was. Though training in an entertainment company might seem fun in other's eyes, still, there were severe hardships which triggered both physical and mental exhaustment. Adjusting the position of his white earphones in his ears, he then stared blankly at the direction of the traffic outside. He let himself sank into his own random thoughts, accompanied by the soothing ballad track by Park Hyo Shin, echoing through his ears.

It'd required about eight stops to get to the lad's destination, so when the bus halted at the third, he didn't bother checking who else would get into the crowded bus. A few people got down, but a few more came in, so it didn't make much difference on the amount of people inside.

---

"Mimi unnie, are you sure you can go alone—"

Asked the raven-haired female, her chestnut eyes staring at the latter in concern.

"Don't worry, Jiwoo." The so-called Mimi yawned, for the nth time that evening. "It's only five stops, I will make it." She smiled- more like a toothy half grin, while giving her close friend a soft pat on the shoulder. "I'll hit the hay as soon as I meet my beloved bed, I promise."

"Be careful, yeah?" Jiwoo sighed. "See you tomorrow." Eventually, the pale-skinned woman gave up after offering to accompany her home more than ten times, (she counted). She'd seen how the latter almost dropping her head — either forward, backward, or to the side. Mimi was extremely worn out and lost during that day’s practice, Jiwoo knew it for sure. And from what she observed, the older was the type that could sleep anywhere, anytime, with ease. That's what made her worried her friend would miss her station.

Mimi nodded and bid a goodbye before getting on the city transport.

As soon as she got in, she heaved out a deep sigh at the sight of the fully-occupied seats, almost getting off the bus right when her eyes landed on a young lad sitting at the near-end, hair to his shoudler but half tied back; wearing a monochrome varsity, with white earphones plugged in, generous enough to move his bag to his lap from the seat beside him. He left the spot empty, as if welcoming her to take the spot. He didn't look at the girl after moving his belonging, though. His gaze had shifted back towards the transparent glass window.

Without further consideration, the female walked over to the vacant spot, slumping onto it casually. She wanted to thank the stranger for giving her space, if only he didn't look like he was preoccupied with his own thoughts- and music. She didn't want to disturb him. He was probably as tired as her, and she totally understood that.

The long-haired female brushed her dark brown strands to one side and tied them up to a side-ponytail, settling her broken-white backpack on her lap and dipped her head down in an immediate, instinctively expecting a good, short nap. It was the last stop she was heading to, and she knew for sure someone out there would be kind enough to wake her up, asking where she was heading to since she had reached the final station. That happened to her the previous day, at least. That's just how laid-back and carefree Jung Mimi was.

---

Barely 5 minutes have passed since the female stranger claimed the spot beside Hongbin, but when he glanced at her from the corner of his eyes, her head was already lowered too deep to be considered "conscious". 'She's terribly exhausted.' Was the only thing he assumed in mind, and it didn't bother him much. Oh, he actually caught glimpses of her facial features previously, and he thought she was quite cute for a “non-celebrity”. Well, that’s the only opinion about her that crossed his mind so far. He had his stuff to take care off, and so was the stranger. At the moment, he had been nervous about his debut preparations more than anything. ‘Will everything be alright? Will I get hates from the netizens instead of appreciations that I expected? Do I fit in this soon-to-be-debuted group?’

Meanwhile, in the midst of Hongbin’s deep thoughts, he felt a soft bump on his left shoulder. It caused him to turn his head immediately, checking what- or who, that might have touched him.

It turned out to be... her. The female stranger.

He was going to call her, saying “excuse me,” so she could sit back straight, but Hongbin had always been a softhearted person. The sympathetic part of his mind told him to not wake the lady up. He knew how it truly felt to be miserably worn out - and he’d planned to play innocent, pretending nothing happened if she’d wake up later. So there it went, she fell asleep leaning onto a broad shoulder, belonging to someone she barely knew. The man kept his sight to the road outside, ignoring the snoring lady leaning against him. (She didn’t snore that loud, but.. it was enough to tell that she was deep in her slumber).

 

The bus finally stopped at the last station, and people started getting on their feet to pay the fee and get off. Hongbin, too, had to do the same, but the stranger next to him didn’t budge one bit.

“Excuse me,” called him gently, peering at the other’s face under her bangs. No response.

“Excuse me-?” he tried again, now slightly shrugging his shoulder. It worked. The girl shifted from her position, lifting her head from his broad shoulder then started rubbing her eyes. The warmth of the part she slept on felt more obvious when she pulled away- and he checked it- his upper sleeve.

‘Crap.’ He cursed inwardly, sending the female a shocked stare in an immediate. She had just done wiping the corner of with the back of her hand when her gaze met his intense one.

“You drooled on my jacket.”

--

Year 2015.

Jung Mimi had spent a few years as a trainee under FNC Entertainment, before she decided to move to a new agency that promised her a better career. She was accepted in Jellyfish Entertainment, being trained as a part of the soon-to-debut girlgroup lineup. She could be considered a new kid on the block compared to the other female trainees who had been there way earlier.

Jellyfish Entertainment was known to be a home for well-known celebrities like Seo In Guk, Sung Si-kyung, Park Hyoshin, and the rising idol group VIXX. She had met some of the legends, but VIXX? She only bumped onto two of the members at the corridor. The boy group had six members, so it would be quite impossible to meet everyone at once when they were really busy with their schedules – not to mention, Mimi was not more than a regular trainee. A new one, too.

One morning, Mimi woke up 10 minutes late, and that caused her to rush all the way from the dorm to her practice room.

To her bad luck, the date happened to be the Monthly Trainee Evaluation day.

--

“Girls, today we have special guests to help us evaluate your performances.” Mr. Lee, the Trainee Department Head said, turning his head to his left where stood three tall, good-looking men.

Sheepish smiles were apparent on the girls’ faces, as some of them were already familiar with those handsome faces.

“Here’s Ken, Ravi and Hongbin. They’re going to evaluate your Vocal, Dancing and Acting skills. And maybe share some of their experiences on screen with you girls later on.” Continued him. “Wait, where’s Jung Mimi?”

His expression hardened, not being able to hide his disappointment.

And suddenly, the doorknob twisted hard, loud enough to turn everyone’s heads.

And there.. stood the recently-mentioned female trainee, panting hard as she was trying to catch her breath.

“I’m sorry... I’m late.” Mimi sighed heavily. “This will be the last time.” And when she looked up, her eyes met someone’s standing leftmost, nearest to the door. Mimi’s orbs involuntarily wided in size for a second, the familiar face belonged to someone she definitely knew before.

Hongbin’s eyes, too, hinted that he definitely recognized this girl, his forehead knitted slightly as if saying ‘I feel like I’ve seen you before..’

or more like...

‘You.’

 

‘Why are you here?’  

Author's note:

Umm okay I'm sorry if this one is crappy for you- it has been a long time since I've written a fanfiction again. And I don't know why did I choose this plot either..... so.... yeah. I hope you enjoyed it! Please leave your opinions in the comment box below and look forward to the next chapters. xoxo

(I love Mimi, I'm sorry for making her doing such silly thing in this fic but she's my precious okay!! I'm sorry Mimi-)