New Erudition

Can't Buy Me Love

 

My phone buzzed inscesstantly, the melody that once sounded honey like, now an agony in my ears. I pry my eyes open to the morning, the sunlight invading through the semi opaque curtains hitting me square on the face. Damned!

"Kim ing Jondae!" I shout to the phone, not caring to check who was on the otherside. "If this is about another of your frat parties-" I was cut off as soon as I started ranting.

"Miss Kim." My pupils dilated as I swallowed a hard imaginary lump. Mr. Oh. His voice rippled like smooth waterfalls.

"It's me, Sehun."

"I am sorry, Mr.Oh," I start putting up an apology to save my sorry , getting up right in a sitting position.

"Save your apologies." Cut off again. "What do you prefer Floral white or Eggshell white? "

I take moment to wonder. Is he asking me about white colours? Not to be rude, I promptly answer, "Eggshell white."

"I was thinking you would say that. My car will be waiting outside your place in half an hour. I would like you to accompany me to a breakfast meeting."

Then his voice was no longer there. I grab a fistful of my hair in exasperation. With three hours of sleep, up all night searching about the boss's clientele, ed up will be a understatement to describe my situation. Also, count in the shouting I gave my employer.

Sebyul flashed her set of milk teeth, razor sharp and pink gums topping it all like a cherry. "Hey Byul, would you like to visit your uncles next door today?" She narrowed her eyes at me, the gleam evident. Just say yes kiddo.

Restoring a bit of sanity to my soul, I showered, packed and unpacked Sebyul's travel bag and dressed both of us in casual clothes. In fifteen minutes, we both were seen storming outta our place and banging at the next door.

"Mr. Byun!!" I voiced, too loud for a morning greeting. Instead of a glee Mr. Byun, it was Kai. "Morning, Rae. Byun's out for his morning errands. Oh! You brought Sebyul around. Job hunting again on a Saturday? Don't worry."

In a matter of seconds, the tall man had my daughter, her bag and was talking fully constructed sentences consistently.

"No Kai, I got a job. I gotta work seven days. I hope Sebyul won't be a trouble." I laugh awkwardly. This boy always got me nervous even when we were born in the same year.

"Tut, tut!" I hear Mr.Byun's voice behind me. "It is never a bother, Rae. You are doing us a favor. Jongin and I are thinking of adopting."

I look between the men, my daughter completely oblivious of her surroundings. Kai rubs the back of his neck while getting inside to the house. Baekhyun gives me a reassuring smile.

"He has not yet warmed up to that yet. I will not hold you up long then." he wavers me away. Back in my drive way, I regret not kissing Sebyul bye.

The white Maserati parked wedgedly on the curb honks twice. Instinctively, I walk up to it. Mr. Oh is on the other side, getting out of the back seat. The driver hussles to open my door but he gets to it first.

Once inside, it is all quiet. Not a word exchanged till we cross the Fifth avenue, to enter the road that leads to the outskirts of the city. With one button press, Mr. Oh rolls the window down, letting the gloom wash away and freah air filling up the space.

"You never told me you had a daughter." he asks abruptly, no longer holding back his guised curiosity.

"We never got to talking about family, Mr. Oh."

"Hmm." he hummed, weighing out the truth in my words. For the first time, I take in his beautiful face. Sharp jaw, moon crystal eyes dark eyes, long yet perfect nose and those pouty lips marred in a tight line all fitted in a luscious array of milk white skin. God has been kind to give this man the right looks.

The Eggshell designer shirt defined his clavicle and a promising set of muscles and pre-dominant abs peeked from the place he was sitting. His coat sat on his lap, matching coloured slacks draping his firm legs all the way down.

"So you know what to do when we reach there?" his words made me blink. Oh God! I breathed heavily. I am so attracted to this adonis. I nodded unmindfully as the car smoothly drove through a pair of lush iron clad gates into a mansion.

In between canopies, a couple seemed to dominate the crowd around them. With on legs, Mr. Oh lead me to the hosts.

"Mom, Dad," he cleared his throat, pulling me close to his towering frame with a free arm while holding the other one towards his mother's direction. I stood wide eyed as I was introduced as Mr. Oh's girlfriend, only managing to say a few words of courtesy, completely surprised at the out turn of events.

I needed a breather. In between his parents' banter, who looked as good as they could do well with a divorce, I left Mr. Oh's side. There were many things to process, to get my together, I paced out of the garden to the back of the mansion. What I didn't see was Sehun following me.

 

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

Chapter 3 guys. Maybe a little long but i had to drag this to put this question in this chapter: Why does Sehun want Raehun to be his girlfriend all of a sudden?

I hope you like the new character additions. I live for your comments. Please comment. I will update probably in six hours again or may be tomorrow. Expect three updates over the weekends. I am on fire.

No copyright infringement on photos. They belong to their rightful owners.