Prologue

The Golden Bay

"You're ing insane dude, I can't believe you're actually doing this. I mean, it's a whole 3 months. Are you absolutely sure you're up for it?"

"Shut the up Sehun, you're ruining my mood." Jongin rolled his eyes in annoyance, before changing his mind and turning to his friend with a half-amused, raised eyebrow. "And do you actually doubt me?" he said, not even trying to hide his offence. 

", you know it's not like that. It's just.. this is the craziest thing you've ever done, and you've done some pretty messed up in your 23 years of life." Sehun went on, to which Jogin smirked knowingly." These ing bets are messing up with your pretty head, I'm telling you. I know you don't believe me, but I'm genuinely observing you from a perfectly objective point of view, and things aren't looking good, my friend."  Sehun said matter-of-factly, raising his coffee cup to his thin, rosy lips and sipping his warm drink -that was more than just disgusting to Jongin, if you asked him-  his face doing that weird thing where all his facial muscles were perfectly relaxed, his gaze so pointy yet bored that it gave the impression of superiority. he was clearly trying to show Jongin just how strong his opinion was, to the point where he would pull that resting face on to show his complete diasagreement. 

Jongin couldn't be bothered, though. It wasn't even in question. He had to win this, he could win this. 

They were in a pretty crowded coffee shop, Jongin having an advantage because this meant that Sehun couldn't go completely crazy with his opinions and overall iness - if there was one thing Sehun cared more about besides his friends was his reputation - so Jongin was relatively relaxed. 

"Remind me why you're doing this, because I just can't figure it out on my own." the boy said. If someone were to look at them and analize them right now, it seemed as if Sehun was an old, cranky mother, and Jongin was the small kid that did something wrong, and was completely clueless about it. 

"I've told you a thousand times before-" 

"So just tell me one more damn time!" 

" My mom never believed that I could become a model, and so I told her when I was 19 that-" 

"I already know this story." Sehun rolled his eyes, letting his head roll back, faking tiredness. 

"Then why the did you ask me?" Jongin raised his voice slightly. 

"Because I still can't seem to find a good reason for you to ing sign up for a reality competition TV show. I know you want the spotlight, but this is too much even for you, dude."  Sehun said, really wanting to get his point across. "Why don't you just call some people and arrange some castings or something? Isn't that how it works?"

"That will take too long, and won't really guarantee anything." Jongin waved his hand around, dismissing the idea. 

"I think you should think about this a little more, okay? Just.. just a few more days. Think about how people will be filming your every move. You're going to live in a ing camp with all the other contestants. Sharing rooms? Sharing bathrooms? Having a strict schedule? Is this really what you want to do, Jongin? Just think about the fact that you literally punched me in the arm when I left my toothpaste without the cap on. And I'm your best friend."

Jongin sighed. If you were to ask him honestly, he knew Sehun wouldn't be so supportive of him doing this, like he was in the past. Sure, Sehun and Jongin used to always do stupid in high school, praking people and doing riskys bets with the older guys, just so they could prove everyone just how crazy and outgoing they were, this beaviour making them really socially-liked and outgoing, not to mention a little shameless but hey- who doesn't like cheekiness every one in a while? 

Once heading off to college- still attached to the hip, because who would leave for college without their best friend?- it was true that they kind of toned it down a bit, not really having the time to invest in pranks, adventures and whatnot, but they still went out every weekend, not even bothering to hide the fact that they loved to cause some trouble and have fun. 

Now, it was pretty obvious and understandable for people to think that they were total to everyone, arrogant and good-looking, and without a proper idea of what their future would look like, but that was not true at all. In fact, even though Jongin wasn't your typical kind of nerd, he had one big dream, and was willing to do anything to make it come true.

His parents never supported his decision of wanting to pursue a modelling career, saying that it wasn't a real job, and that not everyone could make it, no matter how good-loking you were. They didn't want Jongin to risk his all for such an immature, pointless dream, only to have it all crash down on him when real life would slap him in the face- but Jongin didn't want to hear none on it. He agreed to study Economics and Accounting, this way pleasing his parents, having a back up plan in case something went wrong along the way, but told them that, once he finished college, he would give his all to reach his own goal. 

So here he was, his college diploma nicely folded in his map, officially marking the start of Jongin's life, and more importantly, the start of his journey towards becoming a model. He was so ready and excited, that just thinking about this competition made his entire body warm up, his stomach doing weird flips in excitement and anticipation. 

"I'm afraid it is impossible for me to dwell on it much longer, Sehun. I already signed up." 

 

 

 

"No. No. No. No. N-" 

"But it's going to be so much fun Soo. Just think about how much you love watching these kind of shows." Baekhyun kept on rambling, his eyes mindlessly trying to reach Kyungsoo's ones, but the boy kept avoiding his gaze. "Remember that one show where all the contestants had to figh their fears each episode? Like that girl that had to eat bugs or that other one that had to sit surrounded by snakes-"

"This doens't make me feel any better!" Kyungsoo shouted, annoyance running through his veins. 

"Ok ok, sorry. Right. Then what about that show where all the girls had to fight for the same guy and had to do all these silly missions. You loved that one, right? You used to watch it over and over again." Baekhyun laughed, trying to bring his friend to agree with him at least once in his life. 

"Yes, you're right. I love watching them. Not taking part in them!" he said, his eyes cold and threatening. "Why would I ever sign up for something like that? I'm not especially good looking, because I'm small and bulky. I'm not extremely social and nice to people, I'm not competitive and I most of all don't have 3 months to waste on this." 

"Exactly! You're not social and you're awkward and alone, and we have to change that. You're 23 for 's sake, you have to start getting out of your shell and meet new people. New situations."  his friend explained.

"What if I don't want to do that? What if I'm actually pleased with my life." Kyungsoo asked, his brows raised. 

"That's a total lie Do Kyungsoo, and you know it. Besides, I already signed both of us up."  Baekhyun winked devilishly.  

 

This was going to be one hell of a ride.