the best gift

valentines gift

Turning his head left and right, all Taehyung saw were couples. It was as if everyone walked in pairs just for this day.

 

"Screw these couples," muttered a guy that brushed shoulders with him. Taehyung turned and watched as that guy stomped into the convience store alone. It seemed like rather than more couples appearing, the unattached would stay indoors on February 14th. Shrugging the thought off, he continued on his journey.

 

The streets were bustling with couples.  All restaurants and cafes had queues spilling down the pavements, making it hard to manuver past. After squeezing through the battlefield, Taehyung moved into an alley nearby to catch a breather. 

 

Shoulders slouched, Taehyung's vision of the pavement bricks suddenly had an additional pair of high top sneakers. He looked up and his eyes were met with pink luscious lips approaching. Closing his eyes on reflex, he felt the soft plumpness press into his forehead. He opened his eyes and embraced the flower scented man before him.

 

Taehyung gripped his fingers into the cashmere-knit wrapped shoulders, expressing his longing of the overdue hug. "Jin hyung, I missed you so much," he whispered into his boyfriend's wide shoulders. Jin had been away on a business trip for a month which fortunately ended the day before Valentines'. In response, Jin held the younger's body even closer, holding the back of his head, just the way Taehyung likes.

 

After a good five minutes of tight embrace, they finally part and got to look at each other's faces, both with loving smiles plastered on. Holding back his tears from the head rush of affection, Taehyung handed Jin a small paper bag. "It's your gift. Happy Valentine's Day," he grinned at Jin's hazel irises peeking between the cresent crevice of his smiling eyes. Jin proceeded to reach into the bag and pulled out a jewellery box which Taehyung then opens and takes out two matching bracelets. 

 

Both of them grinning widely, Taehyung reached for Jin's left hand and gingerly put it on. Jin then did the same for him, after which he held the younger's hand, bringing his wrist up to his own lips. 

 

As the mood settled, Taehyung looked at Jin expectantly, only noticing then that Jin did not bring anything with him, not only that, it seemed like Jin did not catch on at all. Pouting, Taehyung bluntly questioned, "Where is my gift?"

 

"Thought you'd never ask," a playful smirk spread across Jin's face. He pulled Taehyung into another tight embrace and pushed him back enough to look at his face, "The sweater is your gift, I was just warming it up for you." Watching Taehyung's expression change, Jin planted his lips onto his tenderly as he muttered, "Happy Valentine's, my love." 

 

Realising he had been fooled, Taehyung gently hit Jin as he giggled, then nuzzled his face into Jin's sweater clad shoulder. It was a really soft and cosy sweater. "I'm so happy to have such a great gift. Ah, I can't stop hugging it!" The younger exclaimed, happiness overflowing. "This is the best present I've ever received, and he's wearing the second best present."

 

Making sense of the confession, Jin felt a warm rush of blood to his cheeks, which he then buried into Taehyung's shoulders. It was definitely worth the trouble of applying for an early return from the business trip.

 

 

 

happy valentine's day