Enter Baekhyun, A Hot Mess

Crossroads Between Happiness and Doubt

TW: Drinking, Aggressive yet light violence, cursing

--

The night was still young by the time Baekhyun had his fourth drink, each sip tasting better and better, yet laced with more and more regret. He was in his prime, EXO had just won first place for their latest title track, and all the crazy fangirls were pleased, their phones lighting up with the news. Baekhyun knew this was the perfect night to celebrate with his colleagues and fellow members, drinking the night away, but certainly not at Baekhyun's pace. He stumbled around the nightclub, a bottle of freshly popped champagne in his clutches. He stumbled towards Suho, the father of his group and generously kissed his brow, slurring his name before offering him a sip, following a child-like hiccup. 

"Baekhyun, you ought to slow down, don't you think? One bad photo and the netizens will be at your throat-" Suho began to lecture, patting Baek's head, and wiping the slimy kiss from his brow. 

"F--k netizens! I'm as free as I want and nobody can tell me otherwise," he moved around the lounge area where Suho sat aimlessly, his arms instrumenting him as he went off on his drunk tirade. Soon the other members were starting to draw their attention to their fellow group member, brows all furrowed with concern. Some were surprised whereas others were not; they had had the pleasure of seeing him drunk off his mind before, but in the comfort of their dorm or private parties, but never in public, like he currently was. 

Meanwhile, Baekhyun's head was begining to feel cloudier and cloudier with every second, his body feeling almost weightless as if he could fly. His hands tingled against the cold glass of the champagne bottle, and with every sip, droplets trailed down his chin and neck, sparkling against his chest. Drinking was quickly turning into a euphoric experience for him, each sip giving him a new sensation, an unfound sense of freedom. 

"Baekhyun, you should calm down? This doesn't seem like you." Kai suggested listlessly, with some concern but also general disinterest. He had begun to mellow out from the soju he had had and seeing Baekhyun's charade only reminded him of a child having a tantrum. Something of which he had no patience for. Chanyeol tried to sit Baekhyun down, only from the drunk boy to slip past his grasp, and onto the dance floor, quickly climbing onto one of the unoccupied platforms meant for hired dancers. Shirt buttons went flying, and his million dollar chest was on full display. 

The improv dancer's vocabulary was now limited to shouts and cries of excitement, grunting to the beat as he stumbled through dancing along to the funky beat of the music, unable to control his movements. He ran a hand through his hair, his tresses now slick with sweat mixed with the gel he had in his hair from the performance, creating a y yet dangerous facade, resemblant of Dallas Winston from The Outsiders. 

Quickly, the situation was getting out of hand, far beyond what the other members could handle. Poor Xiumin attempted to pull him down, with assistance from Lay and Kyungsoo, only for the three of them to fall flat on their butts. With nothing else to resort to, they decided to ask club security to help detain him, especially since he started to spray the crowd with the leftover champagne, which received mixed results. 

"What? You guys don't like champagne? Pfft, you don't know any-aHH! Put me down!" Baekhyun shrieked after addressing the displeased part of the crowd. Two unreasonably large and muscular men pulled the out of control kid from the platform and tossed him out the back, into the pile of trash bags waiting to be picked up. 

He rubbed his eyes and looked towards the door in dismay and confusion, squinting at the figures to make out his other members, all with sorry yet unmotivated expressions. 

"Sorry dude." Sehun shrugged.

"Call a cab and sober up, you're out of control," Chen suggested. 

"F--king lunatic," Kyungsoo muttered before turning on his heel to disappear into the club, following the rest with a slam of the door. 

Ears tinted red with rage, Baekhyun's first instinct was the try and open the door. He punched, pounded, and kicked at it; screamed into it to try and get their attention, but he was no match for the steel door, and ultimately lost the fight, with bloody knuckles to prove it. 

"You're all a bunch of--" he growled, storming off from his exile, kicking a can which littered the alley before slamming his back against one side of the wall, sinking down in defeat, his hands tugging at his hair in frustration. 

"A bunch of...a bunch of..." Baekhyun sighed and held his head in his hands for a moment, holding back rage-filled tears. 

"You know what? Screw this, honestly. I'm better than all of those f--kers. I'm the real star of Exo, I don't need them to have a good time." he slurred, slowly managing to stand up all by himself. Baek dusted off his clothes and took into the streets, trying his best to keep a low profile in the busy streets.

He managed to get past the fans who were waiting outside of the club, and onto the market streets, where more low profile bars and clubs were established. As he passed a small street vendor, he quickly grabbed a black cap and sunglasses, tossing a couple hundred won his way. 

"Keep the change." he hissed, fixing the cap on and tucking his hair inside of it, then adorning his face with the sunglasses. Little did he know that wearing sunglasses at night only attracts more attention to yourself, but Baekhyun was drunk and could barely even open his wallet, so he wasn't too aware of that fact. 

Quietly he slinked into a convenience store and decided to buy some ramen, as well as a large bottle of hard liquor. Ready to check-out, he slipped into the line, the patrons around him fully aware of his stench. He reeked of alcohol and trashy club air fresheners, with a hint of alleyway trash. They turned their noses up at him and quickly paid for their purchases, soon leaving him alone with the cashier. 

"Just these two items sir?" the cashier girl asked, finally looking up at the figure standing before her. She covered her nose for a moment and looked at him in disgust. "Jeez, shower much? You smell like you just came from hell and back."

Baekhyun looked at the girl in shock, scoffing in surprise. "I'll be paying with my card," he muttered, which was all he could say without barking at the insolent cashier. 

Her eyes were glistening with tears from the deadly perfume. Soon enough wasn't a sufficient barrier to protect her from the odor, so she lifted up her work apron to suffice. In doing so, it jostled her silver necklace, causing it to fall from her neck. The charm was adorned with a symbol from her favorite k-pop group, Exo. She obviously couldn't recognize her bias because she could have never imagined him to smell as foul as he did, or that he could enter a store as shabby as this one was. Unaware of who was standing before her, she quickly asked for his ID so that she could ring up his purchase. 

Baekhyun handed it over begrudgingly, not thinking twice about the request. With one look, the green tinge across the employee's cheeks turned pink with surprise as she looked at the ID card, then up at his face. He wasn't paying attention to her and started to play a game on his phone as she started to ring him up. Quickly, she snapped a picture of him as well as his purchase and shoved her phone back into her pocket, returning the ID and credit card, handing him the bagged items wordlessly. 

"Hm," Baekhyun grunted and took his bag, pulled the ramen out so that he could eat it outside the store, quickly filling the bowl with hot water before taking a seat. 

As the doors shut behind him, the girl at the register screamed internally and took more pictures of the drunk star, each picture perfectly outlining the bottle of liquor opened next to him and his obvious disguise. She didn't hesitate to share every detail online, and with one click, he was done for. 

--

a/n:

 

hey does this concept even seem good? well anyway lemme know in the comments if you loved it, hated it, want me to continue it or smth