Shut up, Yoongi!

Power Struggle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seowoo:

Surprisingly, the little shop is quite busy through the course of the day and you wonder how Jiwoo and Yoongi had previously managed on their own. While Jiwoo takes care of the tables, you man the till and, contrary to his slow outlook, Yoongi makes all the coffees at lightning speed and you can barely take anything in as you try to learn from watching him. At one point, you’re so focussed that you don’t even notice the customer in front of you until he clears his throat. You open your mouth to apologise when you realise that the customer is no customer at all, but rather Namjoon holding your handbag up high with an apologetic smile on his face. You roll your eyes, “Is there anything I can help you with?”

“How’s the Americano?”

You take his order and ask his name, to which he replies, “Kim Namjoon-who-is-looking-for-forgiveness.”

You smile, rolling your eyes again and call Jiwoo from one of the booths to take over from you so you can speak to Namjoon. He rummages through your bag and pulls out a juice box, setting it on the table in front of you after you sit down.

“You seem to be holding up well.” He says, sitting down himself.

“Because I had a juice box and drank from Jiwoo!” You hiss softly, “Can you see how much I’ve traumatised her? The poor girl still can’t even look me in the eye and it’s been a good few hours already.”

“You’re exaggerating,” He waves you off, “She’s a Manipulative prince’s donor! There’s no way you could traumatise her.”

“Well then why is she so awkward, huh?”

He shrugs, “Why does it bother you so much? Your very existence makes people feel awkward all the time.”

“You know sometimes talking to you is worse than ramming my head against a brick wall.” You massage your temples, “Where’s Minseo when I need her?”

He ‘Tsk’s’ and sips his coffee, “Anyway, so I take it you won’t be giving me a repeat of last night?”

You stick your tongue out at him, “You don’t deserve it!”

He smiles, “You and your power trip…Aai…”

“It’s not a power trip!” You scold, grabbing another ‘juice’.

“I know, I know…” He chuckles.

“Are you gonna hang around for a while?” You ask.

“Well, you have to have a proper feed in an hour or so, assuming you didn’t take much from her?”

You grin in response and he chuckles, “Go ahead and do your job, just come nab me when you’re ready.”

“We should be closing for lunch soon so we can do it then.”

“You close for lunch?”

“We don’t exactly have other staff to take over, but they’ve always managed this way so it should work out fine.”

~

As the last of the customers filter out, Namjoon manages to slip off to the store room as you chat with Jiwoo and Yoongi before they take their leave. Although you’re standing opposite Jiwoo, she never looks directly at you and fidgets a lot; even Yoongi notices and looks sceptically at her. When they leave, you sigh and go find Namjoon.

“Why did you come in here?” You ask, shutting the store door behind you.

He shrugs and sits down, “Well if someone peers into the shop, it wouldn’t exactly be great for business if they see the owner drinking the blood of a helpless person.”

“Pft! Helpless?” You shake your head, climbing on top of him, “Anyway, I’m starving.”

You drink, not paying much attention to what he’s saying, knowing only that he’s describing some book he started reading.

“You weren’t joking when you said that Jiwoo chick is weird around you, huh?” He asks and you pause. He chuckles, “I thought you were imagining it, but even I can see she’s awkward.”

You stop drinking and pull away, looking at him, “It will get better with time, I’m sure.”

“Probably…” He nods, “Or you could try ing her?” He suggests.

You sputter and he laughs, “What? She’s awkward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter