Mmh, I like that.

Power Struggle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon:

“Seowoo…Seowooyah…” Namjoon murmurs, nudging you gently.

You open one eye, squinting against the light, “Why’d you wake me…”

“Isn’t it your first day?” He asks, his voice raspy.

“First day of what?”

“Work…your coffee shop…” He says, yawning, “We have to go there.”

You sit up reluctantly, “We? You really don’t have to come. I’ll be fine with some juice boxes, you should go to college.”

“But you’re the little baby princess…” He says in a childlike voice.

You glare at him and he chuckles, “I’m only doing my job.”

~

You pull up to the café in your car and Namjoon whistles from the passenger’s seat, checking the place out, making you pout and scrunch up your face, anxious about going inside.

He looks over at you and sighs, getting out, “Don’t pull that face. You see, this is why I needed to come with you.”

“What if I can’t even do this?” You ask, shutting the door.

He takes you by the arm, “Don’t think about it too much, your father wanted this to be a gift, now stop acting like a and get your boss on.”

“You don’t think he’s trying to test me?”

Of course he is.

“I honestly just think he wants you to stop being such a bum. I mean, you don’t go to school, you don’t have a job…all you do is get drunk and spend his money really.”

You punch his shoulder but smile, “You’re such a bad friend. Come on, let’s go in.”

You push the door open and the girl inside, Jiwoo stops wiping one of the tables and rushes forward to greet you, “Princess -ani- Bosseu? Seowoo-nim?” She shakes her head, “Ahhh…what am I supposed to call you?”

You laugh, “Unnie works.”

“Unnie?” She asks.

“Mmh, I like that.” You say tilting your head with a half-smile, “Call me Unnie.”

Gosh, she’s such a flirt, and here I thought she was nervous.

Namjoon clears his throat and holds his hand out, “Kim Namjoon. I’ll probably be here a lot.”

“Oh, hello.” She takes his hand. Withdrawing it, she seems to remember something, “The other waiter is in the back, I’ll go get him to introduce himself.”

“No, it’s okay, I can always meet him later.” You say, not wanting to be a nuisance.

“I should really go fetch him, it’s not right-”

“Swag!” The boy in question exclaims, busting through the kitchen door and throwing a steaming tray of muffins down on the counter. He looks up, seeing you and Namjoon and pulls his headphones off his head, “Oh, sorry but we’re not open yet.”

“Yoongi!” Jiwoo scolds through gritted teeth, trying to secretively signal him to come over, “They’re not customers.”

“Oh?” He walks over slowly, “Who are you then?”

Her eyes go wide and he shrugs, “Min Yoongi.” He says, offering his hand.

“Sun Seowoo.” You introduce yourself, taking it and dipping your head slightly.

“She’s our new boss.” Jiwoo says a bit too brightly.

“Oh.” His eyebrows shoot up, “Oh. Sorry. Wait, really?”

You nod and smile at the pulse of nervousness that comes from him.

“Oh, well…it’s nice to meet you.” He bows a little and gives a small smile, “Sorry about that…”

“Oh, don’t worry.” You wave him off, “So you made muffins?”

He looks over his shoulder at the tray he threw down, “Ah, yes. I usually do most of the baking.”

“Ahh…” You answer, suddenly distracted by the veins that stand out on his neck when he turns.

“Would you like to try one?” He offers.

“Oh no, I don’t eat.” You say absentmindedly. Namjoon shakes his head to himself and clears his throat. “Muffins!” You shout, realising your blunder. “I don’t eat muffins.” You nod excessively with wide eyes. “I can’t.” You shudder, “They just…I can’t.”

“She’s gluten intolerant.” Namjoon lies. “Also, she’s weird, so please, forgive all of this.” He says, gesturing at your whole body. You hiss and narrow your eyes at him.

“Oh, okay….” Yoongi laughs awkwardly, looking between the two of you, “Are you her boyfriend?”

“She’d like to think so.” He answers, throwing an arm around you. “Anyway, I have to go to college. Please treat her well.”

“You’re leaving?” You ask, gripping his arm as he turns to go.

“Mmh. You seem to be in good hands. I’ll come back after classes.” He takes the car keys from you and winks before leaving.

~

Seowoo:

“So…” You say in the silence following Namjoon’s departure. Jiwoo and Yoongi look expectantly at you. “I guess just do what you’d usually do?”

Yoongi nods and dips his head before retreating to the kitchen. Jiwoo just stands awkwardly in front of you. You smile and for almost a minute she just smiles back sweetly. “Oh, right.” She scratches her neck, “I should probably go do something.” She smiles once more and then hurriedly walks over to the table she was wiping down before.

Cute.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter