Dinner

Dinner

 “Jihoon! What in the world is taking you so long? You're acting like a girl” Junhong called from his spot on the couch. “We’re just meeting my parents for dinner. We’ll be late if you keep this up!”

“Just a minute! I said I'm almost done!” The smaller called back from their bedroom, walking out a good five minutes later, wearing an outfit that looked like a casual suit. He wore a white button up shirt and black jeans with a black jacket over top, complimented by a red (although it was actually pink) bowtie.

Junhong stood up and smiled at him, walking over to him and lifting him up, spinning in a circle before setting him down. “You look so cute~!” He set him back down and ruffled his hair, chuckling as Jihoon frantically tried to fix his hair.

“Hey!” Jihoon pouted at him. “You're the one who said we'd be late don't mess up my hair.” Jihoon narrowed his eyes up at the taller.

“Let’s go, come on.” Junhong grabbed Jihoon by the hand and they walked out of the apartment. They walked for about five minutes to a local Diner that Jihoon had recommended.

They stopped outside and Jihoon squeezed Junhong’s hand slightly.

“Nervous?” Junhong grabbed both of Jihoon’s hands and leaned down to kiss his forehead. “It’s okay. I'm sure they’ll love you.”

Jihoon nodded with a small smile. “Thanks. I've never done something like this before. I’m just a little scared, I'll be fine.”

Junhong smiled and let go of one of his hands. They were about to walk inside when Junhong’s phone started to ring. He reached into his pocket and answered it when he saw it was his mother. “Umma? Yes,we’re right outside. Alright, see you in a couple.” He hung up and put the phone back into his pocket. He squeezed Jihoon’s hand lightly and they walked inside. Junhong spoke to the hostess for a moment before walking to the back of the Diner to meet with his parents.

His mother stood up when she saw him, waiting  until they arrived at the table to engulf her son in a bear hug, commenting on how much he's grown and how tall he's gotten. He nudged her slightly before she let go. They looked over at Jihoon who was chuckling slightly.

Junhong's father stood and approached Jihoon. “You must be Jihoon. I’m Junhong's father. It's nice to meet you.” He held his hand out to shake, and Jihoon did the same, feeling kind of awkward that the hand literally engulfed his own.

“Well aren't you the cutest thing?” Junhong's mother smiled and approached him as her husband took his turn commenting on Junhong's growth.

After the short meeting, they all took their seats at the table; Jihoon beside Junhong, and Junhong's parents across from them. They ordered and began talking while they waited for their food.

“So, how'd you two meet?” Junhong's mother began the conversation with a casual question. She was obviously interested in Jihoon and Junhong couldn't be happier.

“School.” Junhong stated.

“Same major?” Junhong's father looked at Jihoon. “Do you dance too?”

Jihoon smiled and shook his head. “I'm more studying general music. We met in one of our gen-ed classes.” He said, his glance shifting to Junhong.

Junhong smiled and took over the conversation. “We were assigned to work together and I guess we just kind of hit it off.”

“Are you two roommates?” Junhong's father asked, raising an eyebrow.

“No, mine moved out last semester, and Jihoon lives in the dorms.”

“He keeps trying to get me to move in with him but dorm fees are covered with my scholarship.” Jihoon shrugged. “I would if I didn't have to pay rent, but that wouldn't be fair.”

Junhong chuckled and fluffed Jihoon’s hair. “At least he's got common sense.”

After a couple more questions, their food came, and there was more chatting as they ate, mainly questions about Jihoon.

After about an hour or so, the topic had shifted to Jihoon’s Family, then back to how often the two see each other, eventually ending in tleling jokes.

“Do you two want dessert?” Junhong’s umma asked them.

Junhong looked at Jihoon who was obviously sleepy, and chuckled as the smaller shook his head slightly. He looked back at his parents. “No, I think we're good.”

They asked for the check and it was brought to them. Once it was set on the table, Junhong's appa reached for it, but Junhong was faster, grabbing it before his appa could even come close, opening it to look at the price before taking out his wallet.

“Junhong, you don't have to-” His appa started, only to be cut off by Junhong.

“But I want to, Appa.” Junhong looked up at him.

He was about to protest to him again, but Junhong's umma stopped him, placing her hand on his shoulder. “Let him pay, honey. He wants to show you he's not a little kid anymore.”

Junhong smiled at her, and his appa agreed, although reluctantly.

They paid and decided it was time to go. They all gathered their things and walked outside the restaurant. Junhong's parents thanked him for dinner, and they talked a little more.

After a few minutes, Junhong felt a chin rest against his arm, and he looked at Jihoon who was looking up at him tiredly. “You tired?” Junhong put his hand on Jihoon's cheek and brushed his thumb against his face. Jihoon nodded. Junhong turned to pick him up, Jihoon squeaking slightly in return, and hiding his face in Junhong's shoulder.

“Would you two like a ride?” Junhong's appa asked them.

“It wouldn't be too much trouble?”

“Of course not.” His umma smiled.

“Then yes, thanks.” Junhong smiled, and followed them to their car, setting Jihoon in the center seat of the backseat, and taking his own seat beside him.

Junhong gave his parents the address for his apartment, so they put it into the GPS and started driving.

Junhong's umma kept glancing into the backseat to see Jihoon laying his head on Junhong's chest, looking up at him as the two quietly talked. She thought it was the cutest thing and had to hold back her happiness when she saw Junhong plant a gentle kiss on Jihoon's lips.

They arrived at Junhong's apartment building and they all stepped out of the car.

Junhong's umma hugged both of them goodbye, and his appa hugged Junhong, and ruffled Jihoon's hair, shaking his hand one last time.

Jihoon smiled at them. “It was *yawn* it was nice meeting you” he managed to mumble out. Junhong picked him up again.

“It was nice meeting you too, Jihoon.” Junhong's umma said with a smile as they got in the car, waving as they drove off.

Junhong brought Jihoon inside and set him down when they got to the bedroom. They both quickly changed to pajamas and climbed into the bed.

“I think they like you.” Junhong commented to the half asleep Jihoon, who just sleepily chuckled. “Goodnight.” Junhong pressed a kiss to the bridge of Jihoon's nose, then pulled the smaller closer as they both drifted off to sleep.