Final

We're not friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The feeling Jaemin got whenever Jeno was walking up to him was his favourite. Especially if he came walking into their room. His stomach always had butterflies when Jeno walks up to him. They don’t speak. It isn’t often they do. They only smile at each other as Jeno sits down beside Jaemin on his bed. The bed they often sleep in together.

They don’t say anything as Jeno leans in. They don’t say anything as Jaemin leans in too. Their mouths working perfectly together. Jeno’s soft lips against Jaemin’s. They both smile into the kiss. They aren’t lovers. Just friends.

When Jaemin pulls away he stands up. Ready to say the truth. Say the things on his mind. Ready to finally get his heart broken. He looks Jeno up and down as he too stands up. Standing opposite him.

“We’re not friends, nor have we ever been.” Jaemin says to Jeno as they stand in the middle of their room. Their shared room. The room that Jeno just kissed him in. The room where they sleep in the same bed together. The room where Jaemin is going to tell Jeno the truth.

“We keep pretending that we are friends, but friends don’t kiss. Friends don’t share the same bed.” Jeno doesn’t say anything. He only looks at Jaemin. “If you know me like I know you, you should love me. You should know.” Jaemin turns away from Jeno as he speak. Not wanting to see how he reacts.

“We’re friends Jaemin. Best friends.” Jaemin doesn’t turn around as Jeno speaks. If he does he won’t be able to hold back the tears.

“My friends won’t love me like you do.” The tears start to fall from his eyes. He can’t help it anymore.

Jaemin can hear Jeno stepping closer to him. He still doesn’t turn around. He doesn’t turn around when Jeno touches his back either. He can’t make himself do it. He can’t look into the face of somebody that doesn’t love him.

“Jaemin. Turn around.” Jaemin only shakes his head at Jeno’s words. He doesn’t want to see him. He doesn’t want to be seen crying. “If you won’t turn around I’ll make you.” Jaemin doesn’t even have time to react before Jeno turns him around. When he locks eyes with Jeno his eyes have tears in them too. He is crying too.

“We’re not friends, but nobody can find out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter